PDA

View Full Version : Modifying 'Powers' in BRP Ruleset

Alchemister
March 6th, 2014, 00:10
Hi folks,

I have never modded before, so have been trying to learn as I go, please bear this in mind!

Essentially I have been attempting to add a new range of powers (Heroic Abilities from Mongoose's 'Legend') to the existing Powers lists and options. Some progress made considering the newbie status.

However, I've ended up with my new powers showing up at the end of a complete list of all Powers (from all categories of powers), while at the same time creating a dedicated box with a summary for the Heroic Abilities but without individual tabs.

Basically, what do I need to do to have the Heroic Abilities in their own box, as with the pre-existing powers? The combined list itself did not previously exist before, but I've no idea what I've done.

I've uploaded a screen shot of what I'm finding when FG is running. The Heroic Abilities begin with the 'Arrow Cutting'

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated

Moon Wizard
March 6th, 2014, 18:08
To preface, I'm not familiar with BRP at all. Most reference windows (like the ones shown) are built from specialized windowclass definitions in the ruleset, which define the layout of the data from the module.

My guess is that you need to put the new powers in their own reference block, instead of including them at the same XML level as the original powers. Once you do that, you will need to create a copy of the Heroic Abilities definition (descriptive text and list) and rewrite for the new ability grouping. Finally, you will need to create a link in the high-level list (on the left in your image) to point to the new ability group window you just created.

Sorry it's a bit vague, but I'm not familiar with the system or the ruleset specifically.

Regards,
JPG