PDA

View Full Version : Editing Box Problem

pjrake
March 5th, 2014, 12:12
I don't know how to exit out of editing when adding text to my story. I remember in the past I can edit in and out, but now the option is not there. Makes it difficult when I'm trying to drag windows around and it highlights text instead.

Am I doing something wrong?

-PJ

Trenloe
March 5th, 2014, 12:21
I can still see the right-menu click option at 6 o'clock to "Exit Edit Mode". Are you running any extensions?

phantomwhale
March 5th, 2014, 13:11
What's the output of "/version" ? Actaully, more interested in what Trenloe's version is, as the edit mode (6 O'clock) menu option certainly isn't in my (development) copy of Savage Worlds either.

I note that updated rulesets go in for a padlock icon on the story entry to toggle edit mode, if that's not part of v3.5.0 (currently in the test channel) then I'll try and get that added in the next few days.

Trenloe
March 5th, 2014, 13:49
Actaully, more interested in what Trenloe's version is, as the edit mode (6 O'clock) menu option certainly isn't in my (development) copy of Savage Worlds either.
3.4.2 (Build 3) - running FG 3.0.2 live.

pjrake
March 5th, 2014, 14:44
I can still see the right-menu click option at 6 o'clock to "Exit Edit Mode". Are you running any extensions?

I'm running the Adventure Deck, Savage Modern Theme, and SWFI v0.713. I unchecked the last one to see if that was the problem but it's still happening.

Next I'm going to create a New Campaign and see if that works.

pjrake
March 5th, 2014, 14:46
Here is a screenshot using the right-click and it's not showing the "exit editing" option.

pjrake
March 5th, 2014, 14:48
What's the output of "/version" ? Actaully, more interested in what Trenloe's version is, as the edit mode (6 O'clock) menu option certainly isn't in my (development) copy of Savage Worlds either.

I note that updated rulesets go in for a padlock icon on the story entry to toggle edit mode, if that's not part of v3.5.0 (currently in the test channel) then I'll try and get that added in the next few days.

I entered the Pathfinder ruleset and noticed the padlock. My version of Savage Worlds doesn't have it. I just updated also, so running latest version.

Trenloe
March 5th, 2014, 15:03
If you close the story entry and open it again is it still in edit mode?

Definitely something strange going on - can you make sure you do not have a SavageWorlds3 directory in your <FG App Data>\rulesets directory? If you do, delete it.

pjrake
March 5th, 2014, 15:18
If you close the story entry and open it again is it still in edit mode?

Definitely something strange going on - can you make sure you do not have a SavageWorlds3 directory in your <FG App Data>\rulesets directory? If you do, delete it.

Okay, deleted SavageWorlds3.pak and now it does not show up ruleset options. When I try loading an existing campaign I get this error:

Trenloe
March 5th, 2014, 15:25
Okay, deleted SavageWorlds3.pak and now it does not show up ruleset options. When I try loading an existing campaign I get this error:

I was saying if you see a SavageWorlds3 "directory", delete that not the .pak file. The reason I asked this is that if there is a directory of the same name, the directory takes preference over the .pak file - so if there was an old version in directory form you would be running that. But, it sounds like that was not the issue judging by the error you get when deleting the .pak file.

Do an update to get the SavageWorlds3.pak file back. It still doesn't help the issue you're seeing.

pjrake
March 5th, 2014, 15:32
I was saying if you see a SavageWorlds3 "directory", delete that not the .pak file. The reason I asked this is that if there is a directory of the same name, the directory takes preference over the .pak file - so if there was an old version in directory form you would be running that. But, it sounds like that was not the issue judging by the error you get when deleting the .pak file.

Do an update to get the SavageWorlds3.pak file back. It still doesn't help the issue you're seeing.

Oh, sorry, LOL. Good thing I saved the file before deleting it. I added it back.

No, I don't see another file with the "SavageWorlds3" in the title.

phantomwhale
March 5th, 2014, 21:20
pjrake - when you get SavageWorlds up and running again, could you tell me the output of typing /version at the chat window ?

SavageWorlds 3.5.0 is in the test channel, and my suspicion is you're currently using this version, which might be responsible for the button disappearing (or FG version 3.0.3 might equally be to blame) - I say this because I am also on the Test channel releases and also do not see the button anymore.

Moon Wizard
March 5th, 2014, 23:33
Just to clear up any possible confusion. With the update to v3, there is no longer an "edit mode" for formatted text fields (like the main window of the story entries). This means that story windows need to be dragged from the upper portion of the window outside the name field. In all of the rulesets based off of CoreRPG, I added a "handle" or "title" area to all windows to allow easier movement of windows in all cases.

Regards,
JPG

pjrake
March 6th, 2014, 00:09
pjrake - when you get SavageWorlds up and running again, could you tell me the output of typing /version at the chat window ?

SavageWorlds 3.5.0 is in the test channel, and my suspicion is you're currently using this version, which might be responsible for the button disappearing (or FG version 3.0.3 might equally be to blame) - I say this because I am also on the Test channel releases and also do not see the button anymore.

Savage Worlds Deluxe version 3.3.1 (Build 7)
Adventure Deck version 1.1.0 (Build 3)

Thanks!

-PJ

Trenloe
March 6th, 2014, 01:03
Savage Worlds Deluxe version 3.3.1 (Build 7)
Adventure Deck version 1.1.0 (Build 3)
That is an old ruleset. What version of Fantasy Grounds are you running?

Make sure you put your FG user name in the Settings window, pressed "Update" and then enter your password. This will download your purchased items from the FG server. Run an update and your products will be updated too.

pjrake
March 6th, 2014, 01:43
That is an old ruleset. What version of Fantasy Grounds are you running?

Make sure you put your FG user name in the Settings window, pressed "Update" and then enter your password. This will download your purchased items from the FG server. Run an update and your products will be updated too.

Awesome! Thanks!!!

-PJ