PDA

View Full Version : How to give Group Tabs a name on mouseover?

Jwguy
March 5th, 2014, 05:20
Hey guys! Sorry for asking so many questions, as of late, but I am trying to figure some stuff out on my own, and I'm having a hard time of it.

This time, I was making a table for some treasure rolls, and I noticed that the default critical hit and fumble tables tab had a neat feature I hadn't seen anywhere else in the Program: It had a name pop up on mouseover!

I was wondering, does anyone know how to change that name, or to add one? I've tried every manner of right-clicking and holding down button combinations, but can't seem to figure it out, if it exists. It'd do wonders for my need to sort everything categorically.

Dakadin
March 5th, 2014, 05:25
Type the name in the chat but don't hit enter and drag it on to the tab.

Jwguy
March 5th, 2014, 05:31
Huh. I never would have thought of that. Thanks for the info, though!

damned
March 5th, 2014, 08:14
its another one of those "wonderful UI" quirks of FG.
nice and easy - once you know how - but not in the slightest bit intuitive :(

Griogre
March 5th, 2014, 19:40
While I don't entirely disagree with damned, in FG, when in doubt about something try drag and dropping, rolling the mouse wheel or right clicking. If there is some functionality there one of those will usually trigger it.

Jwguy
March 5th, 2014, 20:11
I'll try to be more exploratory with it; I actually discovered the article about it on the main site just after it was revealed, which I am sorry for not doing sooner.

If I can keep the momentum going, though, perhaps, I'd like to ask the veterans another question.

Can Table Entries do math? Is there a function for it? I ask because I've been making a set of tables to generate treasure for 3.5e, according to this table (https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Treasure), and I'd like it if I could simplify some things, like the money rolls. Now, I know this isn't Excel, but I tried to do something along the lines of 1d6x3000 cp, hoping it'd return the number and then multiply it for a value. I also managed to get it to roll the dice, once by putting in the /die command, but that soon stopped and I haven't been able to make it do so, again.

Moon Wizard
March 5th, 2014, 23:12
Currently, the output of tables is only textual. You can add a request to the wish list to add additional support to the table records. (See my sig.)

Regards,
JPG