PDA

View Full Version : Movement paths

Irondrake
March 5th, 2014, 04:40
This may sound like a silly question for as long as I've been using Fantasy Grounds and running games, but, is there a way to show the paths a player uses on the map? There are times when I need to know which squares exactly are passed through (or attempted to pass through) and I haven't really found a way to turn on movement trails or paths of any sort?

Jwguy
March 5th, 2014, 05:17
That'd be a nice feature, to be sure! I am also interested in this.

damned
March 5th, 2014, 08:15
you can lock token movement and the player can map out their movement and the move will only happen - along the patch they draw - on their turn.

Nickademus
March 5th, 2014, 09:18
Some more detail:

When the GM locks tokens, a player can click on a token and drag a white line out. This line measures distance (5' per square) and can be extended in a new direction by grabbing the nub on the end and dragging again. In this way a player can drag two squares up, drag one square left, drag three squares diagonal, etc. It will show the total distance of the line.

The GM can then approve the move by a couple methods. Right-click and choose accept or I believe Ctrl+mouse wheel will do it.

Griogre
March 5th, 2014, 19:26
GM accept is just middle mouse button/wheel click when the cursor is over the token, don't need the Ctrl though I imagine it works too.

Edit: Just checked it and that is correct. Also if the player makes a mistake in drawing their path they can start over by "wiggling" their mouse inside their token which will reset the line at their token.

seycyrus
March 5th, 2014, 21:56
Is there any possible way to make this work with changes in facing, as well as linear movement?

Moon Wizard
March 5th, 2014, 23:09
No, FG only tracks positional movement of tokens with the token locking feature, not radial movement.

Regards,
JPG

Irondrake
March 5th, 2014, 23:46
Where is the option to lock token movement?

Trenloe
March 5th, 2014, 23:55
Where is the option to lock token movement?
Right-click on a token on the map and select "lock tokens".