PDA

View Full Version : Crusaders Companion - free supplement

dr_venture
February 27th, 2014, 19:38
This forum entry contains latest copy of the FG port of the Crusader's Companion (CC). We'll use this thread to track progress and updates, and this first post will be edited to be up-to-date with the latest info on what is included, and the link to the current copy. If you'd like to contribute to the CC module, let's co-ordinate - drop me a PM. All of this content should be totally OGL and freely distributable.

The original Crusaders Companion can be downloaded for free from Troll Lord Games (https://www.trolllord.com) via this link: https://www.trolllord.com/downloads/pdfs/crusaderscompanion.pdf

THERE ARE TWO FG MODULES FOR THE Crusader's Companion:

The original CC document contains some resources meant for both players and GMs (such as races and classes, etc.) ,as well as some materials meant solely for GMs (such as monsters). In order to allow the GM to only share the player-friendly parts, there are 2 modules representing the content of the CC. The one named "Crusader's Companion" can be shared with players, and the one named "Crusader's Companion (GM ONLY)" contains the monsters and other material which is normally not shared with players.

TO INSTALL:

Download one or both files from the links below.
Re-name the filenames from having a ".zip" at the end to ".mod"
Place the file(s) into your modules folder in your FG installation.
Open a campaign in FG and enable the modules.
Enjoy! You'll undoubtedly find errors - please report them in this thread so they can be addressed.

----- RELEASE DETAILS -----

Crusader's Companion

Current version: 1.2 (released May 2, 2015)

NEW in version 1.2:

FIXED BUG: Spells > Wizard: The 2nd levels spell "Obscure Object" is named "Obscure Object Abjuration," having had the spell's school included in the title and not in the body of the spell.
FIXED BUG: Spells > Wizard: The 2nd levels spell "Ghoul Touch" is incorrectly listed among the Level-0 spells in Wizard spell list.

Included from previous versions:

All 54 races.
All 58 character classes.
Between the races and classes, about 600 draggable abilities.
Many of the class-specific tables, such as starting weight, age, etc.
All magic topics, including GMing tips & schools.
Complete spell lists for all classes. This includes CC-specific spells, as well as links to spells listed in the PHB.
All credits and licenses.

Known Issues:

None reported.

Thanks to JohnD and Andraax for contributing to the spell summaries that were left blank in the original CC!

Crusader's Companion (GM ONLY)

Current version: 1.0 (released May 2, 2014)

NEW in this version:

All 100 or so monsters.
All credits and licenses.

Known Issues:

None reported.

Thanks to damned for all his hard work on converting the monsters to FG format!

dr_venture
February 27th, 2014, 19:44
Bug: table in the Firebird spell is munged. I'll wait a few days at least to see if anyone else turns up anything (given the size of the project and the amount of automated text processing that went on, I'm sure there are other problems). For this bug I've just created a Firebird NPC that is linked in the spell description.

Trenloe
February 27th, 2014, 19:47
Awesome work! You're the proud first module creator in the new sticky C&C module thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20563-Castles-amp-Crusades-Community-modules

:)

dr_venture
February 27th, 2014, 20:05
Awesome work! You're the proud first module creator in the new sticky C&C module thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20563-Castles-amp-Crusades-Community-modules

Thanks - hopefully I won't be the last!

Andraax
February 27th, 2014, 23:53

Why didn't you put JohnD's module with the C&C effects / modifiers in there?

Trenloe
February 28th, 2014, 00:36
Why didn't you put JohnD's module with the C&C effects / modifiers in there?
I didn't think it was ready for full release yet. Is it? I don't think the couple of things you pointed out have been updated. I could be wrong, just thought as it wasn't in its own thread and in the middle of another, with updates pending I wouldn't link it just yet.

I've no problem doing that if people want it linked though...

dr_venture
February 28th, 2014, 05:11
It occurs to me that perhaps the CC should be split into 2 modules for FG - 1 that is shared with the players, and one that isn't. The current version is meant to be shared, as it has all the spells in it, but obviously most GMs aren't going to want to share the monsters with the players. Any thoughts?

JohnD
February 28th, 2014, 06:25
It occurs to me that perhaps the CC should be split into 2 modules for FG - 1 that is shared with the players, and one that isn't. The current version is meant to be shared, as it has all the spells in it, but obviously most GMs aren't going to want to share the monsters with the players. Any thoughts?

Yeah maybe two separate modules is better.

JohnD
February 28th, 2014, 06:28
I didn't think it was ready for full release yet. Is it? I don't think the couple of things you pointed out have been updated. I could be wrong, just thought as it wasn't in its own thread and in the middle of another, with updates pending I wouldn't link it just yet.

I've no problem doing that if people want it linked though...

I'll look at updating the effects this weekend and upload another file. I think that I have everything from the CK Guide in there, but will check. Have a few based on the Advantages but certainly not all of them.

Trenloe
February 28th, 2014, 11:24
I'll look at updating the effects this weekend and upload another file. I think that I have everything from the CK Guide in there, but will check. Have a few based on the Advantages but certainly not all of them.
Cool! When you do would you mind posting in a new thread specific to the module? Then I'll add a link to the sticky module thread. Thanks. :)

dittotb
February 28th, 2014, 12:31
Thanks Dr V for grabbing the bull by the horns and making CnC a much better ruleset in FG. Your hard work in greatly appreciated.

dr_venture
February 28th, 2014, 18:19
Thanks Dr V for grabbing the bull by the horns and making CnC a much better ruleset in FG. Your hard work in greatly appreciated.

You just made my morning :) You're very welcome!

S Ferguson
February 28th, 2014, 18:45
You just made my morning :) You're very welcome!

Extend the glory and make it your morning, afternoon, and evening. Then there's that warm fuzzy feeling as you drift off to sleep....:)

dr_venture
April 19th, 2014, 18:37
Hey, I'm working through more of the Crusader's Companion - I have all the races done, and am about half way through all of the classes (there is some great stuff in there, as well as some not so great... but for free, I'll take it!). I wanted to get a sanity check on a couple issues from the community:

1) Am I correct in the belief that FG no longer has the different module share types - the GM simply decides what to share and with whom, and all modules are basically created equal in those terms?

2) I'm thinking that much like the old AD&D1e Dungeoneer's Survival Guide, the Companion's content should be split into a "Player's Section" and a "GM's Section"... where the spells, races, and classes should be potentially available to players, and the monsters, planes, world building, etc should be in the GM section. These would just separate the content into two modules which teh GM could share (or not) at his discretion. Does that sound right to you guys?

Assuming I'm on the mark with this, the current module will become the Player's Version and have all of the new material I'm working on wrapped into it. When damned has the monsters ready, will use that to start the GM's version. These are good times to be a C&C gamer :)

S Ferguson
April 19th, 2014, 19:24
Hey, I'm working through more of the Crusader's Companion - I have all the races done, and am about half way through all of the classes (there is some great stuff in there, as well as some not so great... but for free, I'll take it!). I wanted to get a sanity check on a couple issues from the community:

1) Am I correct in the belief that FG no longer has the different module share types - the GM simply decides what to share and with whom, and all modules are basically created equal in those terms?

2) I'm thinking that much like the old AD&D1e Dungeoneer's Survival Guide, the Companion's content should be split into a "Player's Section" and a "GM's Section"... where the spells, races, and classes should be potentially available to players, and the monsters, planes, world building, etc should be in the GM section. These would just separate the content into two modules which teh GM could share (or not) at his discretion. Does that sound right to you guys?

Assuming I'm on the mark with this, the current module will become the Player's Version and have all of the new material I'm working on wrapped into it. When damned has the monsters ready, will use that to start the GM's version. These are good times to be a C&C gamer :)

The GM has full control over file sharing, from pictures to maps to library modules. A Player's "Guide" (sharable) and a GM's "Guide" (not-so-sharable) should be the way to go. And it's always a good time to be a C&C gamer! We just rule! :D

Trenloe
April 20th, 2014, 17:52
You're correct - common.xml and client.xml no longer provide any specific functionality - it looks like the data is merged into essentially one db.xml file for the whole module and the players can see everything if the GM gives them access to the module.

This can give undesirable results in older modules that were created as both a player and GM resource - with different data in common.xml and db.xml. An example of this is the Call of Cthulhu "Using the Ruleset" module that has a common.xml file (to show a few subjects to the players) and a db.xml file (to show Keeper specific info). Now, if the players are given access to the module they can see the info meant for the Keeper as well as the players.

Therefore, as Scot has said, if you want to keep player and GM info separate, you'll need to have at least 2 modules - one for the players and one for the GM.

dr_venture
April 22nd, 2014, 03:11
Just an update to let you know that the latest release of this module has been posted, including all the races and classes & some associated tables, and making things a little easier to navigate. Have fun!

Andraax
April 22nd, 2014, 03:45
I'm getting a lot of errors like this with the race and class abilities:

Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (ability : abilitylist.id-00028@Crusaders Companion)

dr_venture
April 22nd, 2014, 04:27
Weeeird... I'm using it fine on my end. I created all of the abilities in FG and just reformatted them into a module instead of a campaign. I take it it's all the abilities? Also, are you using the latest beta? FWIW, I'm using the current release... what could be the difference between your setup and mine?

dr_venture
April 22nd, 2014, 04:28
Try disabling all of you other modules and using only the CC - maybe there is some kind of conflict between modules?

Andraax
April 22nd, 2014, 04:38
Using the beta version (3.0.4). I tried turning off all modules, same error. Also, I created a new campaign with no modules, same error.

Trenloe
April 22nd, 2014, 05:55
I'm getting a lot of errors like this with the race and class abilities:

Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (ability : abilitylist.id-00028@Crusaders Companion)

It looks like the Castles & Crusades ruleset changes the "ability" windowclass to "ref_ability" in 3.0.4 (in campaign\record_ability.xml). There have been a few C&C fixes in 3.0.4 so this might well be part of those. But, it does mean that this module will need to be updated once 3.0.4 goes live...

dr_venture
April 22nd, 2014, 06:29
So just to clarify, all I have to do is replace all the "ability" references to "ref_ability" and we're cool here on out? That's a super easy fix, of course.

dr_venture
April 22nd, 2014, 06:37
Also, to clarify, unless FG handles this type of ability, every ability in a module create pre-3.0.4 is going to break when next version is released, I believe. That seems like something that should be handled automatically by the app, as I really don't want my old campaigns breaking next version. :P

Trenloe
April 22nd, 2014, 06:52
Also, to clarify, unless FG handles this type of ability, every ability in a module create pre-3.0.4 is going to break when next version is released, I believe. That seems like something that should be handled automatically by the app, as I really don't want my old campaigns breaking next version. :P
Perhaps post this in the 3.0.4 beta thread for better clarification?

dr_venture
April 22nd, 2014, 17:01
Will do so - you are everywhere at once, Tren - thanks, bud!

S Ferguson
April 22nd, 2014, 17:24
Will do so - you are everywhere at once, Tren - thanks, bud! Kinda spooky how Tren trounces out of the corners of the forum, isn't it?

dr_venture
April 22nd, 2014, 17:25
Andraax: I'm getting those same errors with the abilities in the PHB with 3.0.4 - are you seeing those, too?

S Ferguson
April 22nd, 2014, 17:32
That's really peculiar. Could you use your "blackbox testing hat" and reproduce the errors in the PHB? I'm not seeing any. Cheers, SF

Andraax
April 22nd, 2014, 17:42
Andraax: I'm getting those same errors with the abilities in the PHB with 3.0.4 - are you seeing those, too?

Yes. I have confirmed that the change to ref_ability has broken C&C for 3.0.4 (as you also did).

dr_venture
April 22nd, 2014, 17:57
Yes. I have confirmed that the change to ref_ability has broken C&C for 3.0.4 (as you also did).

Thanks bud - I added a comment about this in the 3.0.4 dev thread.

S Ferguson
April 22nd, 2014, 18:07
Where exactly are these errors occurring in the PHB? SF

dr_venture
April 22nd, 2014, 18:21
While running FG 3.0.4, open the PHB, then open a class or race that has some linked abilities. Click on an ability, and an error message is displayed.

S Ferguson
April 22nd, 2014, 18:44
It's an easy enough to fix (replacing "ability" with "ref_ability") and I've already "fixed" the PHB, and CKG. Modules previous to this didn't have abilities (remember we pushed for their inclusion), So these should be the only two modules affected, aside from the Crusaders Companion. If you use find and replace on the beginning chunk of the "ability" tag, you also won't change any words called "ability" in the main text. Oh, Cry Havoc and Release the Dogs of War. Cheers, SF

dr_venture
April 22nd, 2014, 19:12
The fix is simple and I've already done it, but any modules that users have created that link to Abilities will be broken. Not sure what others are seeing, but *all* existing materials referencing the "abilities" window class will break... including all existing campaigns, as far as I can tell. I just tried it on a copy of my current active campaign, and none of the character abilities can be opened from a character sheet. I don't see any way around this other than coding for legacy windowclasses in the FG app.

S Ferguson
April 22nd, 2014, 22:40
The fix is simple and I've already done it, but any modules that users have created that link to Abilities will be broken. Not sure what others are seeing, but *all* existing materials referencing the "abilities" window class will break... including all existing campaigns, as far as I can tell. I just tried it on a copy of my current active campaign, and none of the character abilities can be opened from a character sheet. I don't see any way around this other than coding for legacy windowclasses in the FG app. It is possible to delete skills and abilities, and re-add them from the new module? That worked for my campaign. And backwards compatibility (as we've seen) usually compounds errors. Comments?

dr_venture
April 22nd, 2014, 23:03
The issue is totally up to Smiteworks, so discussion seems kind of pointless to me. Also, I'd prefer to keep this thread focused on the Crusader's Companion supplement, as opposed to the merits of backwards compatibility.

damned
April 22nd, 2014, 23:30
id be ok with players deleting and re-adding abilities.
is 3.0.4 likely to go live between now and FG Con?

dberkompas
April 23rd, 2014, 00:00
This has been changed back, update FG.

dr_venture
April 23rd, 2014, 00:24
This has been changed back, update FG.

Ah - thanks for the update!

dr_venture
April 23rd, 2014, 00:29
Damned, I have a confession: I just found a campaign I was working on where I entered *all* of the CC monsters entered into FG. I know you've done a bunch of work (*ducks shoe thrown at head*), and I'd like to recognize that by using your data, if possible/practical. How far through the monsters are you right now, and what format are they in? Do they need to be converted into FG's XML format?

damned
April 23rd, 2014, 04:29
dr_venture - i have done *nothing* to progress this since we last corresponded. my free FG time has been concentrated on FG Con 4 (man this hobby knows a hundred ways to suck up your free time).
i could/would not finish my monster import/conversion until the week after FG Con runs which makes it about a month. If you have them use them.

damned
April 23rd, 2014, 04:30
i will PM you the file i have so far...

dr_venture
April 23rd, 2014, 17:54
No worries - I'll get on it as I have time. Thanks for the email :)

damned
April 23rd, 2014, 23:02
with the excel file - i then have to transpose it and then I can import it straight into the database of NPC mod creator (https://www.swordsnsorcery.com/fantasygrounds/) and it will spit them all out in a C&C module.

dr_venture
May 3rd, 2014, 06:29
OK, I've updated the first post to have a link to the GM's version of the Crusader's Companion. It basically contains all the monsters... some of which are pretty cool, many of which are pretty high powered. Please let me know if you see any bugs in teh content of either module and I'll get it taken care of.

At this point I'm inclined to just leave these modules as they are, and develop them no further. There are a limited number of items that could be included, and a few pages of magic items. But most of the remaining content beyond that is textual in nature, and I see no reason why someone can't just download the PDF to read, rather than doing a lot of work to import and massage the content into FG format. Also, there is a limited audience of C&C gamers who even use this ruleset, so it's starting to seem like a lot or work for only a few of us.

The vast majority of the material that is most handy to have in drag-n-drop FG format has now been converted... that's good enough for me. If there are others who are particularly motivated to add additional content, let me know, and we can figure out how to get it done.

dr_venture
March 14th, 2015, 19:46

JohnD, did you ever finish your Effects module? I'd love to get this into my regular game. :)

JohnD
March 14th, 2015, 22:35
That's a good question. I'm using it but adding to it as my game requires something new. I'll have a look for the actual file and post a link to my Dropbox.

xKrisx
April 14th, 2015, 01:02
So, I put both in my mods files but looking through the book, there seems to be things missing.. Spells I think.. Looks like this..

Anyone else have this issue. All I did was dl them. Change the .zip to .mod and put them in the mods folder..

dr_venture
April 14th, 2015, 01:11
I just double checked: you just need to activate the PHB... that's where the missing spells are drawn from. The relevant PHB spells that are included in the C&C (all of them, I guess?) are included in the CC for completeness and convenience. I like convenience.

dr_venture
May 2nd, 2015, 18:08
Just a head's up: I just noticed that there were 2 stupid bugs sitting around in the non-GM module (after one of the bugs bit me in the butt yesterday). So seeing how there hasn't been any other bugs reported in the year since it was released, I figured it was high time to fix those bugs and release what is probably the final version of this module. I know there must be other bugs in there, but it doesn't seem to be bothersome enough to cause anyone to report them here... so that's probably that.

I have uploaded the new version to the first post, and have updated the text to reflect it. If you use this module, I think it's worth re-downloading - check the release notes in the first post to see if you agree.

JohnD
October 24th, 2017, 00:51
Hello.

Not sure what update has accomplished this, but currently any links in the CC that should pop-up with information in them (i.e. class abilities on the additional character class options), instead pop-up blank.

Also happens to races in the CC, however the spells section appears (thankfully!) unchanged.

Any hope this might be addressed soon-ish?

Mortar
October 24th, 2017, 03:08
Not having looked at the GM CC mod, the data paths for the class/racial abilities changed and became more standardized , so it would require recreating the data in the proper format/data nodes, then ensuring the links work. Not difficult, but somewhat of a time sink. Not sure what dr_venture or Andraax for schedules.

Andraax
October 24th, 2017, 03:16
These are Dr_Venture's modules. Unless he asks me, I won't make changes. I just stopped using them a year or so ago, when I noticed they didn't work correctly with recent updates.

damned
October 24th, 2017, 04:01
These are Dr_Venture's modules. Unless he asks me, I won't make changes. I just stopped using them a year or so ago, when I noticed they didn't work correctly with recent updates.

Unfortunately Dr_Venture is no longer a frequent visitor here - he still pops by but not very often any more. Real life has snafu'd him up.

JohnD
October 24th, 2017, 05:18
Same thing is also happening to the Secondary Skills in the CKG FYI.

EDIT: The Outpost treasure parcels 3.02 and 4.03 throw when accessed from their Library entry:

"Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (treasureparcels : treasureparcels.id-00002@The Outpost)
Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (treasureparcels : treasureparcels.id-00002@The Outpost)"

Edit 3: Same thing happening in the CKG Chapter 1: Expanding Characters - all the links are blank (i.e. look under the Barbarian and the abilities supposedly linked there).

JohnD
October 24th, 2017, 07:57
And the links in Expanding Classes, which came out, what, six months ago, are also blank. This affects Mortar's work as well as I see him commenting above.

Solid enhancements of the ruleset here.

You can't even drag the blank entries to the character and cut/paste from a PDF. Eliminates the reason for forking out $ for the FG version completely.

I know C&C is a bit of an ugly step child compared to the 5e and Pathfinder Star Destroyers and Death Stars roaming the FG galaxy.

Things like this put me behind the 8 ball when I try to introduce 100% bonafide completely new people to C&C and FG in general and the session is full of "oops that's broken... ah this isn't working... oh it's the same problem the other book is showing... wait that's community content but this is actually paid content and it's happening there too...".

Hey trust me everything usually works nice and smoothly. :hurt: Any chance you'll be back?

I don't know XML or LUA or whatever it is that is used. I envy those of you that can look at this stuff and just know what needs to be done, to the point of saying it's a lot of work, or it's a trivial fix. For my part, as a simple end user, I just know; does it work when I go to use it and; do I feel like I have received good value for what I've spent.

Ah, what's the point.

JohnD
October 24th, 2017, 08:06
And the links in Expanding Classes, which came out, what, six months ago, are also blank. This affects Mortar's work as well as I see him commenting above.

Solid enhancements of the ruleset here.

You can't even drag the blank entries to the character and cut/paste from a PDF. Eliminates the reason for forking out $ for the FG version completely.

I know C&C is a bit of an ugly step child compared to the 5e and Pathfinder Star Destroyers roaming the FG galaxy.

Things like this put me behind the 8 ball when I try to introduce 100% bonafide completely new people to C&C and FG in general and the session is full of "oops that's broken... ah this isn't working... oh it's the same problem the other book is showing... wait that's community content but this is actually paid content and it's happening there too...".

Hey trust me everything usually works nice and smoothly. :hurt: Any chance you'll be back?

I don't know XML or LUA or whatever it is that is used. I envy those of you that can look at this stuff and just know what needs to be done, to the point of saying it's a lot of work, or it's a trivial fix. For my part, as a simple end user, I just know; does it work when I go to use it and; do I feel like I have received good value for what I've spent.

Ah, what's the point.

Trenloe
October 24th, 2017, 08:10
Here's an idea... why don't you create a thread and log specifics about issues with products, rather than have a "what's the point" rant. You know SmiteWorks will listen, so why not make it easier for them (and therefore more conducive to an actual fix) and provide details - which products, what the issues are and with which specific data, etc..

It'll probably take less time to do that too and be a much better use of your time.

JohnD
October 24th, 2017, 08:30
The much better use of my time would have been spending the last 45 minutes or so not recognizing things not working properly and actually spending that time on building my adventure.

But your advice is solid and has been followed.

There is an impression developing, however, where if it isn't a WotC 5e or Paizo Pathfinder release, things are way down the priority list. Perhaps that is wrong... perhaps that is closer to the truth than anyone wants to say.

damned
October 24th, 2017, 12:47
There is an impression developing, however, where if it isn't a WotC 5e or Paizo Pathfinder release, things are way down the priority list. Perhaps that is wrong... perhaps that is closer to the truth than anyone wants to say.

Its probably a valid observation. These things take time and effort and someone has to do it. These are all pretty much done by community devs and sometimes they take a long time to get fixed... Is that a good answer? Dunno. Its not the answer you want to hear. Its not an answer that tells you when or if it will be fixed. I did see your excellent list - If send it to [email protected] too and see if it helps move it up the pile. Some might e easy fixes. Some will not get fixed - Classic Monsters only has crappy line art in it and only for some monsters (from memory) and they looked pretty poor as tokens so Dr_Venture opted not to include them. Im pretty sure my copy has them but I did it myself (proly not worth the effort but I could upload my copy to SW). I suspect Monsters of Aihdrer is similar in that the source lacks decent art. They should be fixed so that they load generic letter tokens though...

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21135

Mortar
October 24th, 2017, 17:38

This I hadn't noticed. I'll take a look and get the fix pushed. Thanks.

dr_venture
October 25th, 2017, 00:59
Hey guys, just saw the messages and popped in.

Andraax, if you're up for patching the Crusader modules, I'd be grateful. Honestly, I haven't even been able to open FG in the last 6 months to a year, so my dev chops are pretty worthless now. I hope it's something that is just a find/replace thing to correct the paths. Do you need any files or anything from me?

Hope to be back among your esteemed selves some day, but until that great day...

*silently covers face with a black cape and slinks into the mists...*

Mortar
October 25th, 2017, 01:13
The windowclasses for both class and racial abilities have changed as well.

JohnD
October 25th, 2017, 04:42
Its probably a valid observation. These things take time and effort and someone has to do it. These are all pretty much done by community devs and sometimes they take a long time to get fixed... Is that a good answer? Dunno. Its not the answer you want to hear. Its not an answer that tells you when or if it will be fixed. I did see your excellent list - If send it to [email protected] too and see if it helps move it up the pile. Some might e easy fixes. Some will not get fixed...

I hear what you're saying. I've done my part to support the line; I have a completed C&C bundle on my account. I made those purchases in good faith and the more I look at the content, I essentially paid for stuff that if/when I want to use, I will end up putting in just as much work to bring it up to playable form as if I left my money in my account and did it myself from scratch. That's a problem IMO. Now, this isn't either of the 5e or Pathfinder juggernauts, but still, a customer has a reasonable expectation that what they are buying is better than "here you go now do 75% of the work yourself".

Maybe I am missing something but most of this isn't something that is accidentally broken by an update with an "oops will fix" response; most of this is stuff that should be there and just isn't. Even the stuff that got broken by the patch, that people are running around addressing, well I'm no programmer but logic dictates when you change something, shouldn't you check to see if everything that used to work with whatever it is you changed, still works after the new stuff is put in place?

If my expectations are too high, it would be excellent to know... I can always be far more discriminating with my on-line purchases. I'm not like that BBB guy, but at the same time I know how much I've spent; a lot of this stuff is downright unusable in its current state.

Mortar
October 25th, 2017, 10:38
Part of the issue is figuring out whether the original developers are still active. A lot of the C&C content was originally developed by Digital Adventures. After Doug bought SmiteWorks there was a non compete clause in the deal somewhere (this from the DigitalAdventures.net website.) So I am not sure if any of those people are active on the forums still. Nor can I say with any certainty if Andraax is handling any of the DLC other than the ruleset itself.

damned
October 25th, 2017, 11:21
Ohhhh - I think one of the Call of Cthulhu 6e devs popped up on the 7e thread a couple of months ago. Otherwise their website hasnt had much action in the last 5 years. let me see if I can find her/his name...

Talyn
October 25th, 2017, 15:22
I'm putting words in his mouth, and he's free to come in and correct me, but @Andraax has full access to all the C&C DLC so he can make hotfixes if he needs to. I don't think that's his goal though, he's more concerned with the ruleset itself. Perry and I were assigned to do some remasters of existing content (my PHB7 is nearly done, in terms of the reference manual, then I'll go in and clean up all the playable data, it's a hot mess under the hood) but, well, you all are probably getting a feel for my "squirrel!" attention span and focus. There are things I want to do, and things like free remasters so without some feedback of what people are actually using, what people actually want, whatever... I tend to flip around to whatever I'm in the mood for.

Andraax
October 25th, 2017, 16:45
I actually don't have "full access" - just PHB, M&T, A0, and the ruleset files.

Moon Wizard
October 26th, 2017, 18:46
I have added access to the full C&C line for Andraax. However, please note that I am not signing him up to update the whole line, since he only offered to help with the main product DLC and there are other developers involved. I just wanted him to have access to the other material, so he can access it for any of his updates.

If Andraax or someone else wants to take over monitoring the whole C&C line (like Ikael has done for SW), then please send a note to Doug, so we can discuss what that would look like.

Regards,
JPG

Mortar
October 26th, 2017, 19:00
If Andraax doesn't want to look after the whole line, I can do it - I just don't have the lua knowledge (yet) to implement feature updates.

ddavison
October 26th, 2017, 19:51
We were unaware of these issues but we are coordinating a plan to address these either through the original community developers or with new developers who are willing to take it over.

Talyn
October 29th, 2017, 16:13
@Andraax and I spoke about the Crusaders Companion yesterday, and I will be fixing it up ... Soon™.

dr_venture
October 31st, 2017, 01:56
It bums me out to be so absent from the project, which means a lot to me. Thanks so much for keeping this mod going!

Talyn
April 8th, 2018, 15:02
Just an FYI -- I hadn't really started working on a remaster yet but I had contacted the author awhile back and, at the time, he said he was no longer writing for C&C. He sent me two new classes that had been unpublished that I was going to include.

However, now he's back writing for C&C and working on a new 2018 release of Crusader's Companion so this will remain on my back burner and I'll just worry about the new version when it comes out rather than spending time working on the older stuff.

Segin
July 3rd, 2018, 01:25
....ss.s..s..

damned
July 3rd, 2018, 01:55
Talyn has been very busy remastering all the core rulebooks - PHB, MM etc
This may or may not get attention but it wont be anything any time soon I imagine...

Talyn
July 3rd, 2018, 02:04
As I said a few posts above, a new version of the book is in development. Once that's done and I receive the final manuscript, I will work the FG version into my schedule. Until then, the old module no longer works 100% with the ruleset updates and I have no plans to fix this one only to do another one from scratch later.

Segin
November 13th, 2018, 17:58
Just an FYI -- I hadn't really started working on a remaster yet but I had contacted the author awhile back and, at the time, he said he was no longer writing for C&C. He sent me two new classes that had been unpublished that I was going to include.

However, now he's back writing for C&C and working on a new 2018 release of Crusader's Companion so this will remain on my back burner and I'll just worry about the new version when it comes out rather than spending time working on the older stuff.

Any word? Also, like any author's fans, could you give us an update/state of the union or any information on what you are doing? Curiosity and interest need sating~~! :)

Talyn
November 13th, 2018, 18:01
Haven't heard a peep from him in months, either personally or on the TLG forums, sorry. Which, selfishly, is fine because I have so much on my plate right now.
Soon as I get the finished manuscript, I will post here that I've started developing the FG edition. :)