PDA

View Full Version : Current status of C&C ruleset?

rom90125
February 25th, 2014, 05:00
I haven't used FGII in a very long time but would love to begin using it again for C&C games. However, before I ask players to invest in this VTT (even if I upgrade to an Ultimate license, I still would be asking players to commit their time), I would like to know the status of this ruleset. I was fortunate enough to work with Kevin Melka @ Digital Adventures to produce the first C&C ruleset for FGII and have offered to assist Doug and SmiteWorks with updating the C&C ruleset but have not heard back from Doug since GenCon. I've been told from another C&C gamer that the C&C ruleset is possibly being ported to support a new 'generic' code base? Is this correct? Does anyone want to bring an old grognard up-to-speed? THANKS!

Andraax
February 25th, 2014, 05:37
Current version of the C&C rule set is *very* *good*. I can demo it for you sometime if you're interested.

Targas
February 25th, 2014, 08:19
Actually I'm starting a german C&C campaign with the A series this friday 7 PM CET. Do you want to have a peek inside ?
I've added a couple off additions like new Campaign Cartographer maps, random encounter tables, Airhde calendar and such.

Modules would certainly improve with those updates. Do you think it's possible to integrate my work into the Digital Adventures work ?

Trenloe
February 25th, 2014, 09:48
The C&C ruleset has been updated to run as a layered ruleset on top of the FG 3.0 CoreRPG ruleset. Doing this has brought a lot of the recent FG developments into C&C. As part of this update there was feature addition/tuning done to the C&C ruleset too.

So, quite a few updates in the last 6 months.

JohnD
February 25th, 2014, 16:04
I haven't used FGII in a very long time but would love to begin using it again for C&C games. However, before I ask players to invest in this VTT (even if I upgrade to an Ultimate license, I still would be asking players to commit their time), I would like to know the status of this ruleset. I was fortunate enough to work with Kevin Melka @ Digital Adventures to produce the first C&C ruleset for FGII and have offered to assist Doug and SmiteWorks with updating the C&C ruleset but have not heard back from Doug since GenCon. I've been told from another C&C gamer that the C&C ruleset is possibly being ported to support a new 'generic' code base? Is this correct? Does anyone want to bring an old grognard up-to-speed? THANKS!

Hey rom90125. C&C ruleset has indeed undergone a huge update recently. I wouldn't say it is quite at the level of the 3.5e/PF rulesets yet, but it is very close.

If you're interested, I would certainly try to find a game you can observe to see it in action, or get someone to give you a quick 15-minute tour/update. I don't have a game until March 7th at 8 PM Central, but if you're interested in observing that one, PM me and we can discuss the details.

C&C has quickly become my favourite ruleset; most of my gaming is done using old AD&D content and settings, and I find it converts effortlessly to C&C.

damned
February 26th, 2014, 06:42
there was another beta version of the current ruleset that had more automation but the ruleset we have today is far better in that it inherits all of the coreRPG features.
in saying that it would be great to see the abilities and languages and levels auto populate based on class and race.

welcome back rom90125 - and thanks for getting the ball rolling way back with the C&C ruleset. it is the most popular old school ruleset here and its userbase is growing steadily.

i was curious at the meaning behind rom90125 and thought it might have been an old school arcade rom but after a wee bit of searching it looks like rom might just be your first name?

Ahoggya
March 12th, 2014, 06:35
I just purchased the cnc ruleset but the only modules I see are pods and tokens. No ruleset, mosters and treasures. I see the mod files in the rulesets, but when I try to create a campaign I can't activate them or see them anywhere.

Griogre
March 12th, 2014, 06:59
It sounds like you may be just looking at the token libraries. Instead of pressing the token button and then modules, try pressing the Library button and then modules. That should show the monster and other modules. You do need to activate the modules by double clicking on the icon to the left of the Module name and then the modules should show up in the list of open library modules.

damned
March 12th, 2014, 09:09
check also that you have got your forum username/password plugged into your settings and re-run the update function...

module activation

Ahoggya
March 19th, 2014, 21:44
Thanks guys, you were both right. For your services, if you ever need some maps either area or detailed I have most of the Campaign Cartographer pgm and would be happy to create some if you have sketches you could email me.