PDA

View Full Version : Token organization question

Grimaxe
February 24th, 2014, 09:34
I noticed that folders I make in the tokens folder don't seem to actually appear when looking for tokens in the directory, only tokens listed in the "host" or "shared" directories. Do I need to create separate modules for blocks of tokens keep them separately organized? Or is there a way to create subfolders for tokens im glazing over?

Trenloe
February 24th, 2014, 10:26
Are you creating the folders under tokens\host? As you say, tokens in the tokens folder will only appear from the host or shared directory. If you put your token specific folders in tokens\host then you will see these folders as bags in the token window. You will need to restart Fantasy Grounds as any new tokens will only be read when FG loads.

Targas
February 24th, 2014, 10:31
I'm having not played around much with it, as I created Token .mods for all my Token Packs. This way you can easily enable/disable what you require and save on memory - which is important. In the tokens folder you can have the hosts and shared folder.
The hosts folder is for GM eyes only, the shared folder for anyone.
You can create subfolders below the hosts or shared folders to organize, but as they will load each time you start the software you should reduce this to what you essential require.

Grimaxe
February 24th, 2014, 19:31
Are you creating the folders under tokens\host? As you say, tokens in the tokens folder will only appear from the host or shared directory. If you put your token specific folders in tokens\host then you will see these folders as bags in the token window. You will need to restart Fantasy Grounds as any new tokens will only be read when FG loads.

Yea, I thought id already tried that but apparently not (or didn't try rebooting it fully, just the /reload command). Thanks that worked.

Zeus
February 24th, 2014, 21:28
I think its either /reload images or /reload all for new tokens to be picked up.

Moon Wizard
February 25th, 2014, 06:42
Tokens are checked when FG gets focus now, just like the campaign images.

Cheers,
JPG

Blacky
February 25th, 2014, 17:15
Tokens are checked when FG gets focus now, just like the campaign images.

Cheers,
JPG
As a FG function or as ruleset function? i.e. it will work with any ruleset?

Moon Wizard
February 28th, 2014, 23:02
It's part of the FG client, so it happens with every ruleset.

JPG

damned
March 1st, 2014, 00:16
it definitely happens for me... :)