PDA

View Full Version : Font WAY too small

Banner
February 23rd, 2014, 09:12
Is there some way to increase the font size?

I've never seen such a small font size.

It's a joke.

It's unplayable, at least for me and for those I've show it to (only two people).

I have never used any program (of any kind) that was as hard to read (except one "skin" with a tiny font).

Zeus
February 23rd, 2014, 09:16
What resolution is your desktop? Can you post up a screenshot?

Trenloe
February 23rd, 2014, 09:18
You can't change the font size specifically as this would effect the placement of other screen elements, but you can type /scaleui XXX in the chat window to scale the whole window of Fantasy Grounds, where XXX is a numerical value and 100 being the normal size.

Banner
February 23rd, 2014, 09:54
What resolution is your desktop? Can you post up a screenshot?

Font size is 1920x1080.

Banner
February 23rd, 2014, 09:59
You can't change the font size specifically as this would effect the placement of other screen elements, but you can type /scaleui XXX in the chat window to scale the whole window of Fantasy Grounds, where XXX is a numerical value and 100 being the normal size.

That did the trick. Thanks!!

Blacky
February 23rd, 2014, 12:02
Yeah that seems to be the regular font size. Which is a little small, especially without the regular enhancement (kerning, anti alias, etc.)

When I feel up a ruleset I usually increase at least the basic chat front for readability, but if every font is a problem for you /scaleui is the answer.

damned
February 23rd, 2014, 12:12
@Banner - if your screen resolution is 1920x1080 and your screen size is less than 17 or even 19" it is going to be small... I think you would find that with most applications... there are plenty of 4.5-6" smart phones on the market today with that sort of resolution and the only reason you can see anything on them is the operating systems have been designed to display things based on teh screen size and not the resolution. If you ran a RDP session to a PC on one you wold need a magnifying glass to read anything. Samsung even demoed a laptop early LAST year with an 11" screen and a screen resolution of 3840x2160... crazy if you ask me! I hope you enjoy the Fantasy Grounds platform - it is a great platform and there is a great community of people here to help if you get stuck.

Zeus
February 23rd, 2014, 12:14
I tend to do the opposite. I'm development mode at the moment. 2560x1440 at 75% scaleui.

Blacky
February 23rd, 2014, 12:16
We're old, we don't have younger eyes anymore :(

damned
February 23rd, 2014, 12:26
Hey @Zeus - maybe you are wearing @Blacky's augmentations...?

Zeus
February 23rd, 2014, 13:45
I maybe ancient but I have godly vision ... ;p

lachancery
February 23rd, 2014, 15:08
(Post deleted - had replied to older post.)

Banner
February 23rd, 2014, 15:36
@Banner - if your screen resolution is 1920x1080 and your screen size is less than 17 or even 19" it is going to be small... I think you would find that with most applications... there are plenty of 4.5-6" smart phones on the market today with that sort of resolution and the only reason you can see anything on them is the operating systems have been designed to display things based on teh screen size and not the resolution. If you ran a RDP session to a PC on one you wold need a magnifying glass to read anything. Samsung even demoed a laptop early LAST year with an 11" screen and a screen resolution of 3840x2160... crazy if you ask me! I hope you enjoy the Fantasy Grounds platform - it is a great platform and there is a great community of people here to help if you get stuck.

Actually, my screen size is 52".

Of course, my head is about 12 feet from the display.

Banner
February 23rd, 2014, 15:40
I tend to do the opposite. I'm development mode at the moment. 2560x1440 at 75% scaleui.

On a different machine (not the one for which I made my initial post), I have a 2560x1440 display... of 11 inches.

I find most fonts to be very small, even when Windows is configured to maximize them.

Zeus
February 23rd, 2014, 16:26
On a different machine (not the one for which I made my initial post), I have a 2560x1440 display... of 11 inches.

I find most fonts to be very small, even when Windows is configured to maximize them.

Fair enough. I work on Apple Macs and tend to find it easier to read smaller fonts at higher resolutions than on Windows. The beauty of FG's scale UI feature is that your no longer bound to the resolution the ruleset developer worked at.

Blacky
February 24th, 2014, 17:15
The beauty of FG's scale UI feature is that your no longer bound to the resolution the ruleset developer worked at.
To a point, since FG doesn't support SVG (or any other vector) graphics, doesn't support multiple image for a single use (akin to CSS multiple image via media query), and has a mostly bad bitmap resizing algorithm :)