PDA

View Full Version : Monsters disappear after I place them on the map

ScooterPA
February 23rd, 2014, 06:44
Hello all. I am dragging the creatures from the Encounter window onto the map in order to pre-populate my maps but when I do and then close the encounter window, they disappear. There are circles with a checkmark in them that appear in the Encounter window in the place of the creatures icons. They changed from the icon to the circle/check the moment I placed them.

Any thoughts?

Targas
February 23rd, 2014, 06:49
Hello all. I am dragging the creatures from the Encounter window onto the map in order to pre-populate my maps but when I do and then close the encounter window, they disappear. There are circles with a checkmark in them that appear in the Encounter window in the place of the creatures icons. They changed from the icon to the circle/check the moment I placed them.

Any thoughts?
I think it doesn't makes sense to drag them from the encounter window. Either drag them from the Token bag directly to the map or e.g. in C&C-> create personalities, create encounters, click the down arrow to put the encounters in the combat tracker and drag them from the combat tracker to the map. This should work.

ScooterPA
February 23rd, 2014, 07:21
Ok thanks. If I drag them from the NPC/token bag, if my PCs target them with attacks on the map, will the resulting dmg be reflected on the combat tracker? How does the combat tracker know which of the 12 ghouls, for example, was damaged?

Dakadin
February 23rd, 2014, 07:58
Actually that is working as intended. They disappear until you use the button in the lower left corner to add them to the combat tracker. It also puts them back on the map. It just isn't obvious that it works that way. It allows the GM can add them to combat tracker and map very quickly as needed and they can even reuse an encounter.

Targas
February 23rd, 2014, 08:16
It also puts them back on the map. It just isn't obvious that it works that way. It allows the GM can add them to combat tracker and map very quickly as needed and they can even reuse an encounter.

Thanks Dadakin, didn't notice the placement is remembered, even if the tokens are deleted from the combat tracker. This saves me alot of work preparing in advance! Learnt something about FG again.

ScooterPA
February 23rd, 2014, 17:07
Thanks for the responses guys. I'm running my first session today so we'll see how it goes...wish me luck.

Zeus
February 23rd, 2014, 19:48
This was a feature that was spawned from an old extension Enhanced 4E Encounters. Pre-placement of tokens was all about helping the GM with some faster means of running multiple 4E encounters in a single session. Given that 4E Encounters can get on the largish side (especially with minions) it became a key step in the preparation of modules.