PDA

View Full Version : [Need Help] Advice for new pathfinder campaign

Thelordofdino
February 22nd, 2014, 08:04
Hello everyone!

I'm a new GM on fantasy grounds and I've been doing my best to learn how everything works, but I am stumped on a few things that I just can't find tutorials for. Currently I am using the "Pathfinder" ruleset, and I have a few questions about some things.

1. How do I create a proper NPC (multiple attacks, roll both attack die and damage die at the same time, etc.)
2. How do I create NEGATIVE status effects in the "effects" tab (poison, ability damage over time, etc.)

This would help my campaign out so much if I could have someone help out with this. Thanks and I hope to hear back from this thread soon.

dulux-oz
February 22nd, 2014, 08:35
Not a direct answer to your question but...

I've done and am doing a series of Tutorial Videos witch cover the most up-to-date version of FG (ie v3.0.2) - Have you seen them? At this stage the series is not complete (I'm actually working on the next one as I wright this - just taking another quick break) and it's focussed on the CoreRPG Ruleset, but you and your players should find them very useful - at least others keep telling me they have :)

As I explain in the first Video, I've started with the CoreRPG because, the way that SmiteWorks have designed things with v3 of FG, the CoreRPG forms the "base" of (soon to be, we hope) all other Rulesets. This is already true for D&D 3.5 and 4, plus Pathfinder and a bunch of others, so by learning to use FG with the CoreRPG Ruleset means that you will have learnt FG for.. what, 80% or more of all of the Rulesets.

Anyway, welcome to club - you'll find we're all really friendly and helpful here. Don't be ashamed of asking questions (I know I still do), and check on my Tutorial Videos (the links in my Sig).

Enjoy

There you go Nick, another of my shameless self-plugs :p

Trenloe
February 22nd, 2014, 10:20
1. How do I create a proper NPC (multiple attacks, roll both attack die and damage die at the same time, etc.)
2. How do I create NEGATIVE status effects in the "effects" tab (poison, ability damage over time, etc.
1. Just enter the attack exactly as it would be in a Paizo statblock, for example: Sword +11/+6 (1d8+2)

Then in the statblock hover the mouse over the sword name and it should highlight, double click and it will roll the 2 attacks. For damage, hover over the damage dice in the parentheses and double click for each set of damage that needs applying - based off how may of the attacks hit.

Ongoing effects like poison and disease don't work too well in effects currently. You're best just adding an information effect with the duration and handle it manually each round.

Moon Wizard
February 22nd, 2014, 18:27
The actual results of the poison or ability damage can be tracked using effects added to the creatures in the combat tracker:
* Ex: STR: -4

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userguide35E/ref_effects_35E.xcp
Click on the Label:Modifiers subitem near the bottom of the left-hand menu.

Regards,
JPG