PDA

View Full Version : Open Seat for Classic Traveller Game

mgholson
February 22nd, 2014, 02:32
Help Wanted:
400 Ton Subsidized Merchant "The Prodigal Daughter" captained by Ulla Remelony seeking a Steward. Duties include, logistics support, preparing meals for crew and passengers, maintaining ship's morale. Knowledge of light and heavy weapons and computer information system subversion a plus. Please apply with Personal Message to this address. Thank You

Wendesday Night at 8:30 central, very regular scheduled game could use one more player. Would actually prefer someone without much knowledge of the system or setting since we've got lots of house rules. Our game is roleplay centric, occasional combat situations, a great mix of players.

Ksathra
February 22nd, 2014, 17:39
This is the System that you can die in character creation because its slightly randomized for if you get jobs or not?

OR

Is this the system that is kinda Firefly like, space cowboys kinda thing? or are they both the same? I remember playing 1 or both at some point.

In any Case I'd like to join up. Wednesday game sounds good to me and I can be a regular.

Jaimme Patbroke Replying to Help wanted Add. Prior Duties aboard a Lord Baldimore Ship as full time Steward to Duke Wellester. Honest, loyal and can follow commands promptly.

Dr_Babylon
February 22nd, 2014, 23:33
It's both. We all died many times before we were able to live as who we were meant to be.

We have adapted many of the rules and are making new modifications as they occur to us. Lots of party interaction and an evolving plot behind the scenes. Character development has been full of surprises.

mgholson
February 23rd, 2014, 03:28
I'm not nearly as worried about the character creation as I was in the past, not going to murder several versions of your character until you get the one you want anymore LOL.

I think the Captain will be please with your resume Patbroke. Pick out a locker and see the doctor for you physical. Don't take one of his lollipops.

Dr_Babylon
February 23rd, 2014, 05:45
Rip Jacobson can show him the ropes.

Ksathra
February 23rd, 2014, 09:18
Sounds good to me. How do we go about character creating? I have an Idea for the Characters background, we shall see how things turn out though.

Dr_Babylon
February 23rd, 2014, 19:23
Just stay out of the engine room.

*A slim, blue-haired woman shakes her tiny fist at you.*

Ksathra
February 24th, 2014, 01:11
Also is there a specific book I should be getting to read?

Blahness98
February 24th, 2014, 01:30
You can use the Classic Traveller Starter Edition (found here (https://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/80190/CTSTStarter-Traveller?cPath=21_4767)) as that is pretty much the basic information of the system. If you want, you could buy the little black books (B01, B02, B03, ect), but the starter edition is probably all that you need to go by. It has all the basic info about the system in it and best of all, is free..

Ksathra
February 24th, 2014, 07:47
Yup got the books, Ready to make Jammie.