PDA

View Full Version : Can Players Share Images?

damned
February 21st, 2014, 22:53
Trying to work out the best way to deal three cards to each player - be they items or images or something else all together.
The players need to be able to display for all other players what card (singular) is currently active.
Being able to display inactive cards (as there are only a total of 3 cards per player there are not massive numbers of them) - perhaps as much smaller images or just text - would also be useful.

Even if the GM has to display them could work.

At the start of each turn the player may nominate the same or a different card (from their own hand of three cards only) to be set as active. These cards represent an item of clothing or an accessory so the other players should be able to see what the currently worn/active item is.

Moon Wizard
February 22nd, 2014, 00:34
Players can only share windows that they own the underlying database node for.

You may have some luck using a token-based approach like the initiative cards for Savage Worlds, or you could try asking Zeus the approach he used for the Three Dragon Ante project he prototyped.

Regards,
JPG

Nickademus
February 22nd, 2014, 00:44
I think I have an interest in this as well for something I was going to do down the road. Will keep an eye here.

Zeus
February 23rd, 2014, 19:38
For D&D Three Dragon Ante I implemented a TDA Tracker window (modelled on the 4E CT). Each player represented by an entry window. I used tokens to represent cards around the table, double clicking a card token opened an image representation of the card (larger with more detail and text etc.).

In TDA, I implemented OOB messages to trigger the host to deal cards to players etc. This way no need for clients to update the database directly. Host does everything.

For 4E Fortune Cards I used a different approach; player hand and card decks were implemented as an extra tab on the PC sheet and as players own their own sheets (and underlying database nodes) no issue with client updating the database directly.

Blacky
February 24th, 2014, 17:11
Probably not the best for you, but the only workaround I can think of for player sharing image would be a software that automatically download files into the image campaign folder of the GM. Could be a ssh script, could be something like Dropbox. And yes, it isn't pretty.