PDA

View Full Version : The NPC Button On The Players' Desktop

dulux-oz
February 20th, 2014, 16:12
Hi Guys,

I might have asked this before, but I can't find the previous post if I did - so apologises, etc.

What is the purpose of having the NPC Button on the Players' Desktop - cause I can not find a way for it to be useful.

I've tried this in both the CoreRPG and the 3.5E D&D Rulesets and I can not get an NPC to show up in the NPC List on the Players' Desktop - sure, I can create them to my heart's content on the GM's Desktop, but I'll be buggered by Kobolds if I can get an NPC "Shared" so that it shows up on the Players' NPC list.

So, if I'm doing something wrong or I've missed something, then please tell me - otherwise as far as I'm concerned the NPC Button on the Players' Desktop is just taking up valuable real-estate.

V. Confused

Trenloe
February 20th, 2014, 16:20
Drag the NPC link to the player portrait to share it with a specific player.

That then allows them access to the NPC record to view, carry out actions/rolls, etc.. Good for summoned monsters, familiars, etc..

Blacky
February 20th, 2014, 16:52
Also good for rulesets that handle public&private NPC sheet, and campaigns where one has to deal on a regular basis with specifics complex characters (anything Pirate, Amber, Vampire, etc.)

Such campaigns and ruleset would use the NPC sidebar button like a Cast, or Who's Who, with extensive background informations on NPC but with the (default?) option to keep the stats to the GM no matter what.

dulux-oz
February 20th, 2014, 16:54
Thanks Trenloe.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you with the thankyou - I was being buggered by Kobolds! :p