PDA

View Full Version : "Switching out of demo mode Problems

mghauber
February 20th, 2014, 01:13
Having some trouble. I have a full license and am hosting a game for the first time. I have one client who has an ultimate license and another using a demo version. When the demo version logs on to me it says my host is switching to demo mode. The demo user can connect fine. If the ultimate user connects, it switches my license back to full and kicks the demo user off. Is there something I'm missing? I cant seem to connect both at the same time...

Thanks in advance

Bidmaron
February 20th, 2014, 01:20
A full license cannot host to lite licenses. You need an ultimate license to host lite users.

Trenloe
February 20th, 2014, 01:24
A full license cannot host to lite licenses. You need an ultimate license to host lite users.
Lite licenses are player only purchased licenses: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=SWK02 - you're thinking of unlicensed FG which does need the GM to have an ultimate license. :)

If you swap "lite" with "unlicensed" your statement is correct - full licensed GMs cannot host unlicensed users beyond a single user only in demo mode, if anyone else connected the demo mode end and the unlicensed user is kicked off. Which is what mghauber is seeing.

jshauber
February 20th, 2014, 01:25
Lite Licenses have paid for the base game and so can be hosted by anyone.

The issue is with this is hosting FREE players. Full should be able to host 1-2 free while Ultimate can host as many FREE as want to connect.

mghauber
February 20th, 2014, 01:31
Thanks Trenloe,
That is what is happening...dead on. Either I have to upgrade, or the other player needs to buy at least a player's license....wish they would make that clearer in the documentation...or if it does, my bad for not seeing it.

Trenloe
February 20th, 2014, 01:43
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/faq.php?faq=license_and_purchasing_issues#faq_fg_d emo

damned
February 20th, 2014, 02:09
Either I have to upgrade, or the other player needs to buy at least a player's license....

Go with Option A! Get your player to have some skin in the game :)

dulux-oz
February 20th, 2014, 02:59
wish they would make that clearer in the documentation.

I explain the licensing model in the Video A-02 of my Tutorial Video Series - I assume that some people are not aware of the Tutorial Videos, hence this "unashamed plug" for them - the links in my Sig :)

Cheers

Bidmaron
February 20th, 2014, 15:44
Pardon me. I recognized problem but said the wrong license name.

mghauber
February 20th, 2014, 16:21
The documentation does indeed say that a full license can host a single unregistered player, it just doesn't say that any others will be unable to log on while you are hosting that unregistered user...and no, I didn't watch the tutorial video...that's my bad and I'll take my lumps...no big deal really...just put a damper on gaming.

I WOULD, however, like to give kudos to everyone who posted....within minutes, I had an answer as to what was going on...and even though it didn't solve the problem, at least we knew it was something we were not doing wrong. This forum is hands down the most helpful and responsive one I have come across...

I hope to upgrading soon, that way there will be no future worries....again, thanks for the help to all!!!

dulux-oz
February 20th, 2014, 16:27
and no, I didn't watch the tutorial video...that's my bad and I'll take my lumps

Wasn't meant as a criticism, just trying to inform as many as possible that the damn things exist, mainly because others have said how useful they can be :)

As I've said elsewhere: Watch 'em or not, like 'em or not, its all good." :p

Bidmaron
February 20th, 2014, 22:13
You've entered a great world, mghauber. You won't be disappointed.

JohnD
February 22nd, 2014, 05:45
Suggest getting your free player to pop in $20 for his/her own Lite license.

seiya5
August 7th, 2017, 03:16
I have an issue hosting two demo player users.
I have the ultimate license/upgrade, so i thought I could host as many demo players as long as they have created an account with fg.
However, for some reason on the main page I have the button that asks if I want to upgrade.
*FIXED*
FG doesn't tell you to put your ult licence 'only' on the settings. so it has 3.# ultimate on main screen.
That Fixed it! Thanks Trenloe who pointed this out in a different post