PDA

View Full Version : Image Module Example Required

damned
February 17th, 2014, 23:33
Does any one have an Image Database or an example I can use?

I want to be able to create entries that are dragable into the character sheet.

I need the following fields:

Name:
Image:
Desc:

I may have to add others later.

If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great.

Nickademus
February 18th, 2014, 01:05
Hmm... let me see.

Not really sure what you are looking for. A module that contains images just has an id, file name, and entry name for each. There is no description. Nevertheless, if that is what you are looking for here is the xml for my GM Card module that I use. Not really much there.

If you are instead talking about a module that has links to images in the library tag, let me know and I'll rig something up.

damned
February 18th, 2014, 01:49
thanks - let me try that out - appreciated.

Trenloe
February 18th, 2014, 10:27
Does any one have an Image Database or an example I can use?

I want to be able to create entries that are dragable into the character sheet.

I need the following fields:

Name:
Image:
Desc:

I may have to add others later.

If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great.
Using the "Export" function within a campaign that has images and select "Images and Maps" will allow you to create a module that contains just images/maps - these will be displayed as a tab in the images/maps window. You can drag/drop individual images into the export window if you just want a subset of images from your module making campaign. This looks like the approach Nickademus used for the db.xml example he provides above.

The Par5E project (don't be confused by the name, it is being developed for CoreRPG as well) allows you to create modules with a bunch of stuff - including images. There appears to be an issue with the reference (library) generation at the moment, but the campaign image list generation works fine. Keep an eye on the project to see how it's going: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?18123-Project-Par5e The download includes documentation on what can be done to generate modules for CoreRPG.

Now - back to your request: The "name" and "image" fields are essentially already there when using the "Export" command - you get the name and the image link. Description would be a whole new thing - and would require a custom XML windowclass to display another field. In a library entry you have more space to display text - so perhaps you could combine Name and Description into one field when using images in a library module, e.g. "Catacombs - The eerie undead filled burial chambers beneath the cathedral."

You might be able to make use of the one of the other reference classes within the ruleset (I'm assuming C&C?) - the "spelldesc" class displays the Name and Short Description from a spell entry - you might be able to make use of this with some editing of your end images module.

Zeus
February 18th, 2014, 21:55
As Trenloe has said.

PAR5E will output images to both module campaign and reference library. For exporting to campaign, images they are displayed under a separate tab (module name) under Images & maps. For exporting to reference, images are exported for internal module reference but not directly accessible from the Module Library lists.

From my experience, directly accessible Image lists in the reference library are not typically required as the images are generally only used when cross-linking from reference manual, NPC and other reference content. When I sat down to write the export functions for PAR5E I made a conscious decision not to provide directly accessible Images from the Library. I figured the place it made sense to see a directly accessible list of images was from the Campaign (Cmp). Images you export to reference are to simply enable other reference content to link to them (see #zl; tag in the PAR5E documentation for information on how to cross-link content).

PAR5E currently supports CoreRPG and 5E rulesets. I aim to begin working on adding support for Pathfinder and Numenera rulesets in the next month or so.

Bidmaron
February 19th, 2014, 04:27
Just to make sure the jargon translates: What you are saying is that you could, for example, create a monster manual library module with pictures of the monsters with the entries, but that these pictures could not be used elsewhere in the campaign.

For campaign modules, the pictures will show up in the images list, and you can use them in any fashion that is consistent with an image from that window.

Is that the gist of it right now, Z? (I think we get so used to the jargon that we forget how hard it is for new users to understand what we are saying, and I doubt I have fully translated even with this attempt).

Trenloe
February 19th, 2014, 10:09
Just to make sure the jargon translates: What you are saying is that you could, for example, create a monster manual library module with pictures of the monsters with the entries, but that these pictures could not be used elsewhere in the campaign.

Yes. From the Par5E documentation:

#zl; is a special tag that enables content to be cross referenced or linked from another object. #zl; is supported with formattedtext fields only and can only reference content within the same module.

So, what this means is that if an NPC entry has a formattedtextcontrol a link to an image can be embedded (within the same module) to an image entry. For NPCs, this is generally the notes (CoreRPG) or Other (PFRPG/3.5E) tab in the NPC.

For campaign modules, the pictures will show up in the images list, and you can use them in any fashion that is consistent with an image from that window.
Yes.