PDA

View Full Version : Port Forwarding Problems

Christherogue
February 17th, 2014, 01:53
Alright first thread post here goes.
I am currently unable to get port forwarding for port 1802 to work. To date i have Configured my Net-gear router's port-forwarding to allow said port. Called my ISP and had them check to see if the modem was port blocking/fire-walling, Verified that windows firewall has given fantasy-grounds full access. I have bypassed the router by plugging into the modem via cord. I have shut down windows firewall and attempted the connection. All to no avail. I am unable to get a signal through either the built in connection test or canyouseeme.org.
I cant think of anything else to check, hoping someone has an idea.
Thank you.

Nickademus
February 17th, 2014, 02:01
My battles with this (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19186-Port-Forwarding-help), you may find some more ideas there.

Christherogue
February 17th, 2014, 02:32
Ok. Hamachi is working but i still cant get it to work without hamachi.

Nickademus
February 17th, 2014, 03:33
Have you tried to connect with a 2nd client via localhost? Have you tried to connect with another computer on the network via localhost?

If you can do both of these, it narrows the problem done to your router.

damned
February 17th, 2014, 06:16
Hi Chris,

You need to start at your local pc level first.

Launch a Campaign.
Start a second instance and connect to server "localhost"
If that doesnt work then you have a windows or other software firewall preventing access.

Then once that is working try from another computer on your local network.
This time connect to the G/Host computer using its Internal IP Address (not public address). This will usually start with 192.168.something or 10.something and much more rarely 172.16.something thru to 172.31.something...

After that works - THEN we look at the router.