PDA

View Full Version : Limited 5E testing

Moon Wizard
February 13th, 2014, 21:35
I'm looking for a handful of GMs running 5E games to test out a 5E ruleset we've been working on. I'm limiting the release at this point, so please PM me to get on the testing list.

Regards,
JPG

Zeus
February 14th, 2014, 18:51
For those testing this 5E ruleset. I have updated the Project: PAR5E thread with a new Java version of the tool which has been updated to support this test release. This should prove useful if anyone wants to parse the last play test packet material into one or more modules.

Moon Wizard
February 14th, 2014, 22:10
For those testing, I'm looking for this kind of feedback:
* How does the interface work for you using 5E?
* What do you see that could be easier?
* Anything missing for tracking, especially character sheet?
* Do you like the exploded character sheet (vs. tabbed character sheet in all the other rulesets)?
* Any bugs or errors, especially with Par5E generated modules.

Regards,
JPG

Irondrake
February 16th, 2014, 23:14
Do you want input here or in PMs?

Moon Wizard
February 17th, 2014, 01:13
Input here is fine.

Cheers,
JPG

Irondrake
February 17th, 2014, 02:44
So far what I have noticed, spell DCs are 10 + Ability, in 5E they should be 8 + Ability and should also have an option to allow for Proficiency modifier to be added (in the event of displaying Holy Symbol, holding Spellbook or a Focus object, etc). I do like the fact that it can be set to a static number as well, in case they need to be modified to any other odd number though! Personally I love the interface. I'm still getting used to the character sheet, after the group plays a session or two I'll pass on some comments.

I'm also trying to use the new Par5E but I'm having issues. I'm sure those issues are me and not the program but I'll post those in that topic :)

Irondrake
February 18th, 2014, 01:26
In 4E ammo is tracked with the weapons on the combat tab. I didn't see that in the 5E ruleset. Is there a place to track ammo usage?

Irondrake
February 18th, 2014, 02:45
When you add armor values, it adds it to 10 (unarmored). So leather armor (+11) would change the AC to 21 instead of 11. Not sure exactly the best way to represent magic armor. For now I'm putting the bonus in Misc.

psicodelix
February 18th, 2014, 19:37
From our last session:

Powers sheet
- The base for saves should be 8 instead of 10
- The Save button sometimes raises an error (Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_power.lua"]:265: attempt to index global 'ActionSpell' (a nil value)) and sometimes does nothing.
- when you click on the first level category name to shrink the section the name label dissapears.

Main sheet
- when selecting rest menu option raises an error (Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/char.lua"]:25: attempt to call field 'reset' (a nil value))

Combat sheet
- when throwing initiative the Dex bonus is not added to the roll.

Abilities sheet
- The left button in the skills list only works with double click.

Party sheet
- When drag and drop an encounter to the party sheet the XP valued is not copied.

Combat tracker
- The Offense section isn't automatically opened when a NPC receives the turn.

psicodelix
February 18th, 2014, 19:49

Irondrake
February 20th, 2014, 23:32
Ok from our first session, here's what we have found.

When using the Hit Dice to recover health this is displayed in chat and no health is recovered. The character's class, die, and level is properly set.
Recovery [6] -> [to Calnoth] [INSUFFICIENT HIT DICE FOR THIS CLASS]

Init from Combat Tab does not add Dex Mod

NPC initiative values are all 0 in the tracker, no Dex modifiers being added.

Party Sheet: Awarding XP isn't awarding XP and shows blank in the list after encounters are added to it.

Character speed values are not showing up in Combat Tracker.

Unable to split stacks of potions in distribution. Cannot put multiple character names in Assignment slot.

Resting, short or long, does not reset combat. How do you reset the combat tracker?

Moon Wizard
February 22nd, 2014, 01:16
For HD, that message appears if the number of "Used" column next to the Hit Die is equal to or greater than the level for the class.

For Init, it's adding correctly for me. Can you look at the details (magnifying glass in upper right of combat tab) to see if Dex bonus is displaying correctly?

For CT init for NPCs, the tracker uses the Dex modifier at the time that the CT record is created. If created by a drop from a module, then the initiative will be set to the Dex value. If changed after creation or created manually, the initiative field will need to be changed manually. Is this what you are seeing?

For splitting items in distribution, the party sheet does not currently support splitting or distribution to multiple members for any ruleset. Probably a wish list item at this point.

Thanks,
JPG

Irondrake
February 22nd, 2014, 07:08
Splitting a stack of items between multiple characters is more of a wish list thing :)

The character level is 2, I tried it with the Used column blank (couldn't set it to 0) and 1 with the same results. On the combat tab it appears correct, in the chat window Init's Dex mod is not showing for NPCs (if Init is rolled from their stat sheet) or Characters. Here's a screenshot with both issues :) I have no idea if Dex is being applied when NPCs are first added to the tracker.

psicodelix
February 22nd, 2014, 07:44
For HD, that message appears if the number of "Used" column next to the Hit Die is equal to or greater than the level for the class.
tested again, but it still doesn't works for me.

For Init, it's adding correctly for me. Can you look at the details (magnifying glass in upper right of combat tab) to see if Dex bonus is displaying correctly?
In the CT the Init field insn't properly linked when dropping PCs.

Moon Wizard
February 22nd, 2014, 08:27
New v3.0.3 udpate with 5E fixes.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20461-Test-Release-v3-0-3

Known 5E Issues:
* First header on PC actions tab disappears when clicking to collapse section
* No ammo tracking

Cheers,
JPG

Irondrake
February 22nd, 2014, 17:04
Hit Dice and Character Initiative seem to be working fine, thank you! NPC initiative is still coming up with a 0 Modifier when being dropped from an encounter. I wonder if this is a parse issue? I'm using the initial dataset, still working out some parsing issues with the latest Playtest. There's no Init field on the NPC sheets, but the Dex mods are there. I have a creature with a Dex of 17 (+3) that showed up on the combat tracker with an Initiative of 1. One more oddity, and this actually started happening before this update but I didn't really pay much attention to it until now. When my campaign opens I get the following error message:

Script Error: attempt to compare two userdata values
Database Notice: Campaign saved.

Moon Wizard
February 22nd, 2014, 18:19
I sent you an e-mail to get more info.

Thanks,
JPG

OneSidedDie
March 1st, 2014, 18:52
I still have yet to play a game but I have par5ed a lot of data. One thing I have found is some NPCs in the currently published documents have a REACTIONS section that is not accounted for in the ruleset. The par5er grabs the data but the NPC template is not set to use the data. An example would be the Death Knight in the Bestiary has a Parry reaction. They should have the exact same formatting as the ACTIONS do now.

Irondrake
March 1st, 2014, 20:01
Spell DCs for players still seems to be a little off. It is now taking into account proficiency but its ignoring the Ability bonus listed. If you choose Group DC it stays at 8 if you choose Group DC + Proficiency it goes to 9. I've set the correct ability in the Group header (Wis for the character is 16, should be +3, spell DC should be 12 instead of 9). I'm able to get around this by manually adding the +3 in so thank you for that! I've also noticed the REACTIONS section is missing in parsed NPCs and Scourge of the Sword Coast has a bit of a new format. Some creatures there also have an APPEARANCE section.

Moon Wizard
March 4th, 2014, 20:01
Looking at the Sword Coast stuff, here are some thoughts.
* The Flubnak monster listing example you pointed me too seems way too long. I thought they were trying to keep things simple. This is the opposite. (a half page for a single creature)
* I can add reactions to NPC and CT, just hope it stays around long term.
* It looks like we may need some of the traits broken out, but maybe we should hold off a bit longer until the NPC stat block stops changing? (i.e. Skills, Damage Resistance, Immunities)
* The Appearance section seems like it should just be dropped in the NPC Other tab for now. We could add to the Main tab, but it just adds to the too long comment above.

Cheers,
JPG

Irondrake
March 5th, 2014, 00:06
Dropping Appearance into a second tab should be fine. The information would still be at hand. Flubnak is an important NPC, so it is quite long. I showed that one because it contained most of the features. It would be nice if every creature has every section, regardless of important information being contained in it or not. Reactions could be tossed onto the second tab as well as extra data for now until we see the final data. (you should see the legendary black dragon they showed off...two pages including lair information and Legendary Actions!)

OneSidedDie
March 5th, 2014, 00:10
I think putting too much work into it without fully knowing how the final product will look can't be the best use of your time. Please don't get me wrong, I enjoy mucking around with the playtest material but I believe they said that the release should be summer this year. Other than a few hitches here and there the ruleset works great for the playtest as is.

Now, on to the good stuff! I was able to play an hour and a half game this weekend due to one of our regulars leaving early.

One of my players loved the character sheet layout. The other one was fairly neutral.
The AC for armor doesn't automatically add to the sheet when equipped. The 5E rules for armor are a bit wonky as they change your base AC rather than adding AC. (Leather armor listed as AC 11 rather than +1 AC).
For the Powers page, when in Preparation mode, how do you set which spells are prepared?
Is there a way for weapons to have more than one damage type? Say "1d8 Slashing, 2d6 Fire" for a Flame Tongue?
I can confirm that the Reactions now show up in the NPC and Combat Tracker entries from the data I parsed before your update today.

That's all for now I suppose. I will let you know the results next game I run.

OneSidedDie
March 5th, 2014, 03:23
Spell DCs for players still seems to be a little off. It is now taking into account proficiency but its ignoring the Ability bonus listed. If you choose Group DC it stays at 8 if you choose Group DC + Proficiency it goes to 9. I've set the correct ability in the Group header (Wis for the character is 16, should be +3, spell DC should be 12 instead of 9). I'm able to get around this by manually adding the +3 in so thank you for that! I've also noticed the REACTIONS section is missing in parsed NPCs and Scourge of the Sword Coast has a bit of a new format. Some creatures there also have an APPEARANCE section.

Go to the powers tab and then click the magnifying glass next on the row that says Spells. In there is an Ability toggle. Set it to Wis and it should work. I also found that this is also where you set your spells/day so you can prepare them so, ignore my previous question about spell prep.

Moon Wizard
March 5th, 2014, 04:23
For the AC, it makes the most sense to leave the armor as is, since it is similar to 3.5E and essentially the same 10 + some armor bonus. None of the rulesets automatically add armor bonus to the sheet, since it would change every time you dropped a piece of armor on your character, whether you were wearing or just carrying.

For the weapon multiple damage types, I've been contemplating tackling this as a feature improvement, since this is also an issue for 3.5E/PFRPG. I think Nickademus was looking at it for 3.5E/PFRPG, so one way or another, I believe this will get done.

Regards,
JPG

Irondrake
March 5th, 2014, 04:23
It appears to be working as intended after today's update :)

For spells like Flame Tongue or even a rogue's backstab, I create an effect that targets Self to add the damage type and dice. For example my Avenger's targets Self for one action. "DMG:2d8 necrotic;Divine Smite" is how I have it listed. He's not exactly a nice guy. I do this with Call to Battle (bards), Bless, etc as well. Works out pretty well and prevents me from having to track much myself ;) Spells that require concentration, I put an extra effect in there listed as "Concentration" with a duration of however long it should last (usually 10 minutes) just so I can see who is using their concentration on any spells.

Irondrake
March 6th, 2014, 04:27
Couple of new errors cropped up tonight during the session. This is related to the Long Rest function. It did not reset the Hit Dice or heal the characters in the combat tracker to full. I thought it did this before. Also, I believe I discovered the nature of this error that pops up in one campaign but not the other: Script Error: attempt to compare two userdata values. The campaign this happens with has a multiclassed character. When I opened that characters character sheet and adjusted his hit dice, the error popped up again. Since he has two different hit dice, I think that's what may be causing it.

Moon Wizard
March 7th, 2014, 18:24
I just created a new character, and used drag and drop to add 2 classes (and also tried manual class add) with two different hit die types, and didn't see any errors.

Anything else you can think of that you did while creating this character? Can you recreate on a new character?

I can also take a look at the campaign db.xml file, if you send it to me, to see if I can determine anything from the data. Just tell me name of problem character.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
March 7th, 2014, 19:41
Working on a way to allow multiple damage types for character weapons and powers to be defined and used. I'm hoping to use this for 5E as well as 3.5E/PFRPG.

I've only started on the 5E weapons so far, and only the editing interface (not rolling and displaying summary yet).

JPG

Zeus
March 7th, 2014, 19:45
I just created a new character, and used drag and drop to add 2 classes (and also tried manual class add) with two different hit die types, and didn't see any errors.

Anything else you can think of that you did while creating this character? Can you recreate on a new character?

I can also take a look at the campaign db.xml file, if you send it to me, to see if I can determine anything from the data. Just tell me name of problem character.

Regards,
JPG

I made some changes to the Class structure in the latest test version of PAR5E which I suspect Irondrake is using to create his module Class data. Not sure if the module your using JPG is from the latest PAR5E tool or not. If not, that might explain differences in errors being reported.

Zeus
March 7th, 2014, 19:53
Working on a way to allow multiple damage types for character weapons and powers to be defined and used. I'm hoping to use this for 5E as well as 3.5E/PFRPG.

I've only started on the 5E weapons so far, and only the editing interface (not rolling and displaying summary yet).

JPG

Is that the weapon reference class your changing JPG? Or PC sheet weapons?

Moon Wizard
March 7th, 2014, 22:30
PC sheet weapons are what I'm working on, not the item class or the referenceweapon class.

I meant to do some tests with the latest module, but haven't had time. Were there changes to class variable types?

Thanks,
JPG

Zeus
March 7th, 2014, 23:08
I don't recall changing any class variable types but I did break out the class ability features as links and I added level information to class features.

Irondrake
March 10th, 2014, 00:17
Wednesday and tonight players were getting stuck "Downloading Files" when trying to connect to me. This was two different D&D Next campaigns. At first I thought maybe it was updating files from me, but it doesn't say what sort of files its trying to download. Images aren't sent to players unless you pre-load them while they are connected to you as far as I know. Any idea what could be causing this issue?

Moon Wizard
March 10th, 2014, 02:44
That shouldn't be anything 5E specific, since the ruleset file download occurs before ruleset initialization occurs.

Maybe a problem file in the campaign (shared module or image). You can try with a new campaign, blocking all modules, and/or removing campaign images folder. Just a few ideas from top of my head. If you can pinpoint the issue, I can try to take a look this week.

Regards,
JPG

Trenloe
March 10th, 2014, 17:28
Also make sure you *DO NOT* have Enable Network Diagnostics selected in the settings window. As your players will not have the 5E ruleset locally, they have to download the whole of the 5E ruleset into their player cache (I'm not sure how large the file is) and so this might take a while when they first connect (even without network diagnostics) and each time the 5E ruleset is updated. If network diagnostics is enabled this would make this connection and download process much, much longer.

Irondrake
March 10th, 2014, 22:04
I will check it out tonight, thanks!

trenth99
March 16th, 2014, 18:09
Hey guys, i'm messing with the new playtest and i think its great! I was curious if there are any lists of words or phrases to utilize when putting in information that will then turn that information into hot keys, or clickable. For example if you say 1d8 damage, the playtest obviously knows it and you can click, but what do you use for attacks or other stuff? Thanks guys! We have our first session with it tomorrow

Moon Wizard
March 16th, 2014, 20:07
The ability and spell parsing code currently looks at the ability/spell text as if it were looking at an NPC entry from the Bestiary or a spell entry. So, just enter the information exactly as it appears in the playtest documents to activate.

For NPCs, here is an example:

Ankheg example
Melee Attack - Bite
+4 to hit (reach 5 ft.; one creature). Hit: 9 (2d6 + 2) piercing damage and 3 (1d6) acid damage, and a Medium or smaller target is grappled and is restrained while grappled. While it has a creature grappled, the ankheg can bite only that creature. Whenever the ankheg takes damage, it releases the grapple.

In this example, the following phrases will highlight:
* +4 to hit
* 9 (2d6 + 2) piercing damage and 3 (1d6) acid damage
* target is grappled and is restrained

For both spells and NPC traits/actions, the parsing currently looks for: attack rolls, damage rolls, heals, temporary hit points, saving throw triggers, and conditions. Also, immunity, resistance and vulnerability are parsed when NPCs added to combat tracker. There is still work to be done to parse roll bonuses/penalties, advantage/disadvantage and some duration types.

Regards,
JPG

Irondrake
March 26th, 2014, 02:02
It looks like a save bug has appeared again. Not sure if I just haven't been paying attention or if this recently popped up again. Spell Saves from player cast spells are taking on the ability set by their Spell Ability instead of the save required ability as shown in this screenshot. This isn't just one spell or one particular class, its happening across the board. The spell requires creatures make a Dex Save. Dex is set in the save, the DC is set correctly to the caster's level, but its pulling the Caster's spell ability of Int (its a Mage) instead of using Dex as a save.

Also, long rest no longer is restoring hit die usage or resetting power usage. I originally posted this in the wrong topic so I copy & pasted it here. Not sure if the picture actually moved though. If not I can upload it again :/

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6312&d=1395629651&thumb=1 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6312&d=1395629651)

Moon Wizard
March 26th, 2014, 02:06
Got both of them queued up for next beta push. Hopefully this week.

Regards ,
JPG

Irondrake
March 26th, 2014, 02:23
Ok thanks!

Irondrake
April 10th, 2014, 03:36
Any update on when the next push may be? We're doing saves manually. Automated is much faster when dealing with large groups :) Also, we have a druid in the party, I created a copy of a Dire Wolf NPC for his combat beast form, shared the NPC sheet with him. He wasn't able to target with it. The target arrows appeared but when the attacks were rolled they didn't affect the targeted creature. Same with damage. Is there a better way to handle druid wild forms?

Trenloe
April 10th, 2014, 04:48
Also, we have a druid in the party, I created a copy of a Dire Wolf NPC for his combat beast form, shared the NPC sheet with him. He wasn't able to target with it. The target arrows appeared but when the attacks were rolled they didn't affect the targeted creature. Same with damage. Is there a better way to handle druid wild forms?
Did you share the statblock from the link in the combat tracker? i.e. don't share the NPC from the NPC list - add the NPC to the combat tracker, open the NPC record from the combat tracker and share from the opened combat tracker record. There is no link to the original NPC record once the NPC is added to the combat tracker - it is a new record specific to the combat tracker and so it is that record that must be shared for the link to the token to be active and for targeting to work. The GM also needs to make the NPC an ally (green smiley face instead of red angry face).

There are steps listed in this post for general NPC sharing and automation, it is for the 3.5e ruleset but should be relevant to 5e: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20711-Any-interest-in-a-Summon-Monster-Nature-Ally-module&p=171712&viewfull=1#post171712

Irondrake
April 10th, 2014, 13:38
Ah hah...no, I didn't share it once it was added to the combat tracker. I'll go over that and try it out, thanks Trenloe!

Irondrake
April 13th, 2014, 00:06
NPC sheets are parsed on the combat tracker as far as abilities and saves go. Is there a place to do the same for PCs? What I'm thinking is for Saving throws for the time being. On NPC sheets an ability says "A DC 12 Dexterity Save" and it becomes drag-able onto a PC. It also rolls the correct ability. Can the same be set up for PC spells somewhere, either on the combat tracker or on their character sheet until the Spell Save bugs are fixed?

JamesManhattan
April 15th, 2014, 01:59
I get the error whenever I try to drag either a PC or NPC into the combat tracker.

Ruleset Warning: Could not find template (button_ctentry_active) in windowclass (ct_entry)
Ruleset Warning: Could not find template (token_ctentry) in windowclass (ct_entry)
Ruleset Warning: Could not find template (button_ctentry_tokenvis) in windowclass (ct_entry)
Ruleset Warning: Could not find template (link_ctentry) in windowclass (ct_entry)
Ruleset Warning: Could not find template (button_ctentry_friendfoe) in windowclass (ct_entry)
Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/ct_entry.lua"]:136: attempt to index global 'link' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/ct_entry.lua"]:136: attempt to index global 'link' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/ct_entry.lua"]:231: attempt to index global 'link' (a nil value)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(name) anchoring to an undefined control (tokenvis) in windowclass (ct_entry)
Ruleset Error: window: Control(name) anchoring to an undefined control (tokenvis) in windowclass (ct_entry)
Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/ct.lua"]:140: attempt to index field 'friendfoe' (a nil value)

Moon Wizard
April 15th, 2014, 17:58
It looks like the CoreRPG ruleset is old or missing. Do you have a version of CoreRPG expanded into a folder in your rulesets directory?

Regards,
JPG

JamesManhattan
April 15th, 2014, 19:29
Ah, I unzipped the whole CoreRPG into it's own folder. That's probably exactly what's wrong. Thanks!

JamesManhattan
April 22nd, 2014, 22:00
Hey I couldn't find it anywhere in the 5E.pak, but in the ALPHA playtest they make the Proficiency bonus start at +2 for level 1 characters. Where can I edit that within the ruleset? Is it on the character sheet xml file? or something I am missing?

NEVERMIND: I found it, in campaign/record_char.xml on line #122
I made a simple extension to put in the extension folder, if anyone wants it. attached

This extension makes critical hits simply roll the weapon die twice, and add modifier once, instead of maximizing one of the dice.
It also makes the proficiency bonus start at +2 at level one, and match the Alpha playtest.

JamesManhattan
April 24th, 2014, 02:27
It seems players aren't allowed to change the cycler that chooses what stat to use on weapons such as the Rapier using DEX not STR for damage and attack. Only the Host can edit.
It also doesn't seem to default to "Base" so every time anyone adds a weapon, it never pulls modifier into the damage expression.

JamesManhattan
April 26th, 2014, 20:01
It would be great if there was a link in the combat tracker to quickly open up a player's "combat" sheet or "powers" sheet, instead of opening up the main character sheet, then having to open up the sub-pages. Truth be told: I sometimes play in "solo" mode and having to constantly open up those sub-pages when playing 4 or 5 characters at a time is tedious. The 4E ruleset used to remember what page of the character sheet you were looking at. It also had tabs, it didn't open up new windows all the time.

It would be cool if the below options were available in the "options" section.
Options for Critical Hits - two dice, instead of max plus a die. The latest playtest says critical hits roll two damage die, and add modifier once. It replaced the previous: maximize the weapon die and roll a second one.
Options for HP increases such as "increase all NPC HP by 50%", "decrease all NPC HP by 50%", "increase all NPC HP by 100%". So a DM would have access to a very easy difficulty lever. It was an option in the 4E ruleset.

Also, I when an NPC dies, and I attempt to "delete" it from the Combat Tracker, it does not remove the token from the battlemap. I then have to manually remove the token. It used to be a very nice feature in the 4E ruleset.

Irondrake
April 27th, 2014, 03:19
I agree, it would be nice to be able to quickly get to those items from the combat tracker, perhaps a mini sheet for combat? I'm not so sure about the critical hits.

The latest playtest a majority of us have access to is 09/19/13 which is still Max Damage plus an additional damage die and add modifier. Since the public playtest is over, development will likely have to remain toward what is still the widest distribution.

Deleting from the combat tracker also deleted the token in 3.03. This is new behavior in 3.04.

Moon Wizard
May 1st, 2014, 03:52
I've been travelling, so haven't had a chance to dig on these items until now.

The rules automation in the ruleset is based on the 10/14/2013 play test packet, including proficiency bonus and critical hit definition.
When I open a character as a player, I can edit the weapon attack and damage ability selection cycler by clicking on them.
I agree that "Base" should probably be the default for weapon damage. Let me look at it.
I'm looking into CT entry deletion, and linked tokens not being deleted.
The options you mentioned are house rules. I'd like to wait a bit after official release before implementing house rules options.
The current design of the character sheet is an experiment that I came up with to give players more control over the individual pieces of their character sheet. For players (not GM), they want to access specific aspects of the sheet for gaming. By breaking them out, the players can add individual links to their hot key bar for each page for quicker access to the things they need. It is an extra click for GMs to get to data, but the concept was to make it better for players. I'd like to get player feedback on the new PC sheet layout (exploded vs. tabbed) without considering the impact on the GM for now.

Regards,
JPG

JamesManhattan
May 2nd, 2014, 22:14
I will say the design is completely awesome. I love the feel and look of the whole thing. It's also super-awesome how much of everything works so far. I don't want to just point out negative things.

I didn't even think of dragging the character sheet section links, that alone will make things much easier. Thanks

Lastly, this might be asking too much, but a lot of spells in Next do half on a miss. It would be cool if there was functionality so that if you targeted a bunch of monsters, made them all roll saves, then the targeting control would not remove the misses, but maybe turn the lines red on missed targets, and keep track of which ones were hit and missed. Then you could apply full damage to the hits, and half to the misses. The targeting functionality now just automatically removes the missed targets, making it difficult sometimes to apply half damage to a bunch of targets. Currently somehow critical hits are being kept track of in the background, and applied automatically even if you aren't using the targeting functioning.

Tel Arin
May 7th, 2014, 22:50
Hi,

I think found a bug in the combat tracker & recharge powers.

When the combat tracker rolls a die to recharge the power, and the roll is a success; the tag [used] does not change. And not reroll any die when I use the power again o is the monster turn.

Vackipleur
May 14th, 2014, 00:37
I've a question about 5E ruleset: is it normal whatever the character I create, he has always a disavantage in STRength and DEXterity (and for all rolls with one of this stat) ? I've missed something ? (in 3.0.3 or 3.0.4)

Irondrake
May 14th, 2014, 00:58
Ah no...no, that's not normal.

Vackipleur
May 14th, 2014, 12:12
Ok, I found my mistake. Just unchecked the "star" under the AC (Proficient)...
So, not a bug ! Just a silly thing from my part :)

Irondrake
May 14th, 2014, 14:06
Ah hah, yes that would be normal behavior then :)

khersheyjr
May 16th, 2014, 03:05
After quite an absence I am back and just loaded up the 5E set in Beta. My first reaction is wow. Looks cool. Just started to look around and tinker.

geewaagh
May 23rd, 2014, 05:00
Hi all,

Starting up a 5e playtest and really like the ruleset so far.
Quick question. I dont see attacks or skill rolls on NPCs. Is it just for note keeping or can you roll dice from the sheets?

Thanks

OneSidedDie
May 24th, 2014, 00:05
One awesome thing about this ruleset is it turns the in-game language into roll links. Take the screenshot below, clicking/dragging [+5 to hit] will roll an attack, [1d10 + 2 piercing damage] or [13(2d10 +2) piercing damage] will roll damage. Even the [knocks the target prone] will apply the prone effect to your target if you click on it. Just make sure the language matches how it appears in the test packet and it should work.

Irondrake
May 24th, 2014, 14:18
If you put skills in the Traits section of an NPC sheet such as "Search +2" it used to roll the Intelligence with a +2 bonus from the Monster's sheet. I haven't used that in a while though.

Moon Wizard
May 24th, 2014, 19:34
When I built the ruleset from the October play test packet, I did not see any skill rolls on the NPCs. However, I did not look at them all.

However, attack rolls, damage rolls, saving throws and conditions are automatically parsed from the NPC sheet. Just enter the text exactly like play test packet information, hover over the trait/action text and double-click (or drag onto chat window or target).

Cheers,
JPG

OneSidedDie
May 25th, 2014, 03:19
There are a few that have things like "The tiger gains a +5 to Wisdom(Perception) checks to detect hidden creatures." but most skill rolls are simply an ability check. We'll see how the final format looks.