PDA

View Full Version : Test Release v3.0.3

Moon Wizard
February 13th, 2014, 20:34
As always, please make a backup of your FG data folder before updating and opening campaigns with a test release.

Please see the sticky thread on public testing if you want to be involved. The Test mode slot (available via the FG Settings dialog) contain this version right now.

Remember, this is a beta release, which means that all the features should be in place. However, there may be issues (hopefully minor).

As always, we're a small company so we rely on our community to help sound out each new release. Thanks in advance to all those who pitch in.

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
February 13th, 2014, 20:35
Updates

Token facing indicators now scale by grid (if specified) or relative to current token width, instead of original token width.
[CoreRPG+] Inventory and ability lists will not re-sort until string field loses focus.
[CoreRPG+] Added ability to hide rolls individually by table record.
[CoreRPG+] Added option to show party inventory on party sheet to players.
[CoreRPG+] Added button to option portraits folder on portrait selection window.
[CoreRPG+] Secret roll icon changed from question mark to shuttered eye icon.
[3.5E/PFRPG/4E/CnC] Added option to show character summaries on party sheet to players.
[3.5E/PFRPG/4E/CnC] When pre-placing encounter tokens pre-placed, the size of the NPC tokens will match the size when added to the map.
[Numenera] Default movement set to Short for NPCs.
[Numenera] Depletion field added to artifact item records.
[Numenera] If NPC added to combat tracker and HP or damage are blank, then the NPC level will be used to determine default HP and damage values.
Image drawing layer lock not working. Fixed.
Extra line at end of copied text from formatted text fields when end of selection is at end of list or table. Fixed.
Formatted text tables drawn incorrectly when text within cell partially formatted (i.e. bold, italic, etc). Fixed.
Unable to drag formatted text chat/story entries to chat entry box or string fields. Fixed.
Extra line added after table in formattedtext field each time it is loaded. Fixed.
Chat window text entries cut off on right when using portrait chat and long speaker names. Fixed.
[CoreRPG+] When two tables had the same name, the results of a table roll would sometimes not be rolled on the right table. Fixed.
[CoreRPG+] Unable to drag formatted text chat/story entries to character portraits. Fixed.
[3.5E/PFRPG/4E/CnC] When encounter added to combat tracker with preplaced tokens, the tokens would not auto-scale. Fixed.
[3.5E/PFRPG] Bonus fields in weapon attack details overlap each other when list edit mode enabled. Fixed.
[3.5E/PFRPG] Script error when changing spell class level on Actions tab on PC mini sheet or NPC sheet. Fixed.
[3.5E/PFRPG] Ranged weapon type tooltip incorrect. Fixed.
[3.5E/PFRPG] Exhausted and Fatigued penalties being applied twice to skill checks. Fixed.
[4E] Double-clicking power name on PC mini sheet not outputting power description text to chat. Fixed.
[4E] PC power quick buttons not appearing until next session after power added. Fixed.
[4E] XP awarded check boxes not being set in party sheet when awarding XP using the Award All menu option. Fixed.
[PFRPG] Fast healing now equally heals lethal and nonlethal damage.
[4E] Script error when rolling dice in Manage Characters mode. Fixed.
[DEV] stringcontrol - Added delaykeyupdate tag.
[DEV] panel - Added disabled tag.

JPG

Moon Wizard
February 13th, 2014, 20:36
Also, the Savage Worlds developers are also running a beta of updated files for the Savage Worlds ruleset, Adventure Deck, Deadlands Reloaded and Deadlands Noir.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
February 14th, 2014, 23:06
Savage Worlds announcement thread.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20467-Savage-Worlds-v3-5-now-available-in-the-TEST-channel

Regards,
JPG

Targas
February 15th, 2014, 12:01
Found no errors so far and will give it a try on Friday the 22nd in my C&C session with a couple of players. Thanks for fixing the bugs!

Targas
February 16th, 2014, 12:27
Found an error with combat movement on maps, where the distance amount value will move away from the drawn line, increasing with higher distance.

jedorian
February 17th, 2014, 14:28
That has been a minor problem for a long time.

awebneck
February 18th, 2014, 02:29
Experiencing a bug with a custom ruleset attempting to implement the onDiceTotal chatwindow event function. While this function does appear to be called, the dice property of the message table passed to it seem to be n copies of the same die - e.g. if I roll 5d10, getting a 5,6,7,8 and 9 (as displayed in the chat), what instead comes back to me is an array of 5 dice with results, each die having the result of 5; this despite what is appearing in the chat window.

awebneck
February 18th, 2014, 02:34
FWIW, I would guess that wherever the array of dice results is being built to be passed into the onDiceTotal method, the same die is being added n times, instead of the nth die being added once. :)

Moon Wizard
February 22nd, 2014, 08:25
Updates

[CoreRPG+] Updated version numbers announced in chat.
[5E] Added PC power group option to specify base DC of powers within group with or without proficiency bonus.
[5E] In CT, offense subsection opened automatically when NPC is active.
[5E] On PC sheet, race, background and class links hidden unless dropped from module.
[5E] PC speed field linked to CT speed field.
[CoreRPG+] Links dragged to chat window not being shared or displayed. Fixed.
[3.5E/PFRPG/4E/5E/CnC] Skill and ability links not getting the correct descriptive text when dragged. Fixed.
[3.5E/PFRPG/5E] SAVE effect did not support targeting as intended. Fixed.
[5E] Base spell DC was incorrectly calculating as 10, instead of 8. Fixed.
[5E] Script error when dragging or double-clicking on spell/ability save field directly. Fixed.
[5E] Saving throw attribute not displayed correctly when using "base" save type. Fixed.
[5E] Saving throw trigger actions not working correctly. Fixed.
[5E] Script error when selecting short rest option via character sheet context menu. Fixed.
[5E] Character sheet skill roll button requires double click, should be single click. Fixed.
[5E] Experience data not being tracked in party sheet when adding encounters to the XP tab. Fixed.
[5E] Equipment list headers misaligned. Fixed.
[5E] Double-click to toggle recharge on CT entry attack line not working. Fixed.
[5E] Activating powers via button/counters would output short description. Should only output additional description when double-clicking on power name. Fixed.
[5E] Resting via the CT menu was not correctly resetting the combat tracker. Fixed.
[5E] When rolling hit die for hit point recovery, the roll was not getting the correct number of available hit dice for each class. Fixed.
[5E] PC initiative roll not adding modifiers. Fixed.
[Numenera] Some depletion fields visible and others invisible when item record locked. Fixed.
[DEV] onDiceTotal event returning wrong die result after first die. Fixed.

Cheers,
JPG

Trenloe
February 22nd, 2014, 15:54
PFRPG - when loading the ruleset I get an error: "Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_combat2.lua"]:11: attempt to call field 'setCustomNPCSpaceReach' (a nil value)" - this occurs in my own campaigns and in lachancery's game yesterday.

It doesn't occur with a brand new 3.0.3 campaign.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Moon Wizard
February 22nd, 2014, 18:13
That's an odd one, since that function should either exist or not; and that line should be called every time the campaign is open. The immediate thought I have is that their is an extension overriding CombatManager. Any extensions loaded? Or CoreRPG folder unzipped?

Regards,
JPG

Trenloe
February 22nd, 2014, 18:22
That's an odd one, since that function should either exist or not; and that line should be called every time the campaign is open. The immediate thought I have is that their is an extension overriding CombatManager. Any extensions loaded? Or CoreRPG folder unzipped?
Sorry, false alarm. I did have an extension loaded, but I could have sworn it wouldn't use the Combat Manager script - but it does.

Really sorry for the false alarm - it's one of my "Golden rules" to disable extensions before reporting an issue. Bad Trenloe! :ogre:

Zeus
February 22nd, 2014, 23:53
Sorry, false alarm. I did have an extension loaded, but I could have sworn it wouldn't use the Combat Manager script - but it does.

Really sorry for the false alarm - it's one of my "Golden rules" to disable extensions before reporting an issue. Bad Trenloe! :ogre:

No more Newkie Brown for you sir. :p

Trenloe
February 22nd, 2014, 23:57
No more Newkie Brown for you sir. :p
I've been meaning to stop drinking it for breakfast for a while...

dberkompas
February 24th, 2014, 23:12
It's 5pm somewhere.

KhybersGhost
March 1st, 2014, 02:53
I am having an issue with 3.03 that won't allow players non-friendly tokens. They can still target each other. They can also drag/drop dice onto a give token which will roll correctly.

Trenloe
March 1st, 2014, 02:59
I am having an issue with 3.03 that won't allow players non-friendly tokens. They can still target each other. They can also drag/drop dice onto a give token which will roll correctly.
Which ruleset?

KhybersGhost
March 1st, 2014, 03:00
Oh, sorry, PFRPG

Trenloe
March 1st, 2014, 03:07
Is it a case of the targeting lines don't appear or that they do appear, but when rolling it is not applied against the target?

Just as an FYI, targeting lines have been changed to not always display - if it is not your turn or your token you won't see the targeting lines unless you hover over a token...

KhybersGhost
March 1st, 2014, 03:20
The mode I currently have it set to highlights the character whose turn it is clearly. When selecting a player, a grey silhouette appears around that token. When attempting to target an enemy token, it doesn't appear to do anything. Any normal automation features (attacks, CMD etc etc) don't work.

I admit, I haven't been using the system as frequently for the last couple updates and there are definitely some new changes for me.

Trenloe
March 1st, 2014, 03:25
The mode I currently have it set to highlights the character whose turn it is clearly. When selecting a player, a grey silhouette appears around that token. When attempting to target an enemy token, it doesn't appear to do anything. Any normal automation features (attacks, CMD etc etc) don't work.
Sorry, simple question - but I have to ask to be sure... When the player is selected (with the grey silhouette) does the player use CTRL+Left-Click to target? They have to hold down CTRL to target, just clicking will not target any more.

KhybersGhost
March 1st, 2014, 03:30
Hmm. Maybe this was just a change then since I last did a game. CRTL clicking seems to target correctly. (Drawing an arrow between the PC and the indicated target)

The silhouette I was referring to was only from the GM side. If the CTRL target method is the current normal method then it seems to be working as intended.

Trenloe
March 1st, 2014, 03:37
The silhouette I was referring to was only from the GM side. If the CTRL target method is the current normal method then it seems to be working as intended.
Yep, CTRL+Click is the FG 3.0 method. See post #2 here for more info on targeting: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20044-Release-v3-0

KhybersGhost
March 1st, 2014, 03:51
Awesome. Thanks!

Trenloe
March 1st, 2014, 03:59
Awesome. Thanks!
No worries.

The changes to targeting in FG 3.0 is definitely one of the main points of confusion.

Leonal
March 1st, 2014, 09:54
FG hangs when enabling network diagnostics. This seems to be affecting both 3.0.2 and 3.0.3, but should be looked into as it's a useful feature to have on, but not when it freezes the GM-client: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20575-Something-s-up-with-3-0-2&p=169635&viewfull=1#post169635

Moon Wizard
March 1st, 2014, 17:45
Please turn off network diagnostics. It is only needed when debugging a network issue. It adds a disk operation for every network packet, which is way slower than network interactions.

Regards ,
JPG

Moon Wizard
March 4th, 2014, 21:07
Updates

[CoreRPG/3.5E/PFRPG/4E/5E/Numenera] Optimized graphic files
[CoreRPG+] Converted campaign note records to use formatted text field to allow richer player notes.
[CoreRPG+] Delete buttons require two clicks to confirm deletion.
[CoreRPG+] If link on table is a link to another table, a roll will be made on referenced table instead of the table record being posted to chat.
[CoreRPG+] Removed mouse double-click client option, since implementation was sporadic, many rolls did not work correctly when set to mod, and rolls can be dragged directly and thrown.
[5E] Added ammo field and counter for ranged weapons.
[5E] Add reactions section to NPC records and CT entries.
[3.5E/PFRPG] Spell damage check box in spell damage rolls reversed. Fixed.
[5E] Spell DC not calculating correctly from Group ability. Fixed.
[DEV] formattedtextcontrol - Add text attribute support for empty tag.
[DEV] stringcontrol - Add text attribute support for empty and static tags.
[DEV] Formattedtext field empty tag not displaying correctly. Fixed.
[DEV] buttoncontrol - setIcons and setStateIcons functions not updating display correctly. Fixed.

JPG

Bidmaron
March 5th, 2014, 01:42
What happens in the new notes feature if you create a link to a GM-shared window, you subsequently close that window, but then you click on the hot link in your notes. Will you see the shared window again or must the GM re-share it to you?

Trenloe
March 5th, 2014, 01:56
What happens in the new notes feature if you create a link to a GM-shared window, you subsequently close that window, but then you click on the hot link in your notes. Will you see the shared window again or must the GM re-share it to you?
In FG 2.9.x extra window lists were added to allow players to open shared objects that the GM had shared with them and then the player closed them. In FG 3.0 this list was expanded - essentially most things that a GM shares with a player will be available in the list windows (story, images & maps, etc.) until the GM removes the sharing.

As long as the linked item remains shared - i.e. it is in the relevant list (story, for example) the link will work. If the GM subsequently removes the sharing then the link will not work.

See the screenshot in post #1 of this thread for some examples: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20555-Formatted-Player-Notes

EDIT: If the GM stops sharing an object later and the player has it linked in a notes entry the player will see an "Unable to create window with data source (XXXXX)" error in the chat window.

Bidmaron
March 5th, 2014, 02:32
Thanks, Trenloe.

Blacky
March 7th, 2014, 17:42
Can't remember. Is targeting supposed to have stopped working for very old ruleset in the 3.0.x branch (even ctrl+click)?

Blacky
March 7th, 2014, 17:49
Please turn off network diagnostics. It is only needed when debugging a network issue. It adds a disk operation for every network packet, which is way slower than network interactions.

Regards ,
JPG
It logs everything? In the console.log file?

Moon Wizard
March 7th, 2014, 18:26
Yeah, it logs all the internal packet type identifiers in the console.log file for every packet sent and received.

JPG

Moon Wizard
March 7th, 2014, 18:28
In older rulesets, the Ctrl+click targeting will work, but you have to select the tokens first before targeting. The FG client has no idea which token should be the originating token for targeting, unless the ruleset specifies.

Regards,
JPG

Targas
March 7th, 2014, 18:51
Any 'GoLive' date scheduled for 3.0.3 ?

Blacky
March 7th, 2014, 19:30
In older rulesets, the Ctrl+click targeting will work, but you have to select the tokens first before targeting. The FG client has no idea which token should be the originating token for targeting, unless the ruleset specifies.

Regards,
JPG
Ok, it works.

However, the feature to have the target of a player displayed in the Combat Tracker does not work anymore (before 3.x, when a player clicked on a token, it highlighted the corresponding NPC in the CT). Is it supposed to?

Moon Wizard
March 7th, 2014, 19:33
No, the targeting display in the CT was hacked on top of the old targeting system. I have plans to add back CT view of targets, as soon as I get some time.

JPG

Blacky
March 7th, 2014, 21:07
I'm trying to think of possible bribes to add this to the top of the list ;)

It takes a lot of time without this to find who is the real target of a PC (when the ruleset doesn't do damage automation) when there's some NPC/monsters... and I got a big several sides complex melee climax coming up in or 3 weeks... kinda dreading it ^^

Moon Wizard
March 7th, 2014, 22:32
Just to clarify, this would not allow older code to see targets, since old targeting (user->token) is not translatable to new targeting (token->token). The changes I'm thinking of would add that capability to all the CoreRPG-based rulesets.

Regards,
JPG

Blacky
March 7th, 2014, 23:09
Ahhh.

Well, that doesn't answer my problem of having to click/unclick each CT entry one by one to see which one of my 12 goblins my PC is targeting right this turn :(

But I guess it's good for Core's rulesets.

Callum
March 8th, 2014, 13:14
I suggested in another thread that Combat Tracker targeting be brought back. Ideally, this would show all targeting on the Combat Tracker (duplicating what's shown on the map by arrows), as well as allowing players and the GM to select and de-select targets just using the Combat Tracker. Would that solve your problem, Blacky?

JohnD
March 8th, 2014, 13:27
I suggested in another thread that Combat Tracker targeting be brought back. Ideally, this would show all targeting on the Combat Tracker (duplicating what's shown on the map by arrows), as well as allowing players and the GM to select and de-select targets just using the Combat Tracker. Would that solve your problem, Blacky?

I'd like that myself.

Blacky
March 8th, 2014, 23:06
As for selection not really since players don't have access to the combat tracker.

As for targeting yes probably, but since it's an old ruleset, not sure it would be digested by it.

I probably need to find someone to bribe to make a Core based Warhammer 2 ruleset :confused:

Moon Wizard
March 11th, 2014, 01:50
v3.0.3 is released. Locking thread.

The only difference between Live and Test channels at this moment is for 5E testers only.

Regards,
JPG