PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate License & Demo Day

Twodogz
February 13th, 2014, 16:57
Hey all,

Does the Ultimate License ever go on sale? I'd like to pick it up but am reluctant to given the cost vs. the size of the FG community and it's activity levels.

Also, I want to suggest an idea, could you please forward it to the "powers that be"?

Much like FG-Con, it would be in your interests, both financially and to the community, to hold a monthly "free upgrade from GM to Ultimate License" demo day.
This would greatly help guys like myself who draw on much larger external communities (ie Roll20 etc) for player recruitment but would love to be able to show them the FG product beyond a limited "screen share" in Skype.
If they could use it for one session I'm sure you'd get a lot of people spend the $24 or even the $39.

Would love your feedback on this idea.

Cheers,
TD.

JohnD
February 13th, 2014, 20:46
Personally I think this is a great idea - a one day, maybe even one user - mini Con to bring new people in.

Moon Wizard
February 13th, 2014, 21:33
We actually do a Free upgrade to Ultimate weekend for Full license holders for the FG Con events.

Regards,
JPG

wbcreighton
February 13th, 2014, 21:50
We actually do a Free upgrade to Ultimate weekend for Full license holders for the FG Con events.

Regards,
JPG

I think he is just suggesting that it be done more often. Instead of only during FG Con.

Twodogz
February 14th, 2014, 02:40
I think he is just suggesting that it be done more often. Instead of only during FG Con.

Thanks mate, yes, that's what I'm saying.

Do it more than once a year.

I understand that support gets busy, but I always leave this forum feeling as though my posts are skimmed and my point is missed.

Moon Wizard
February 14th, 2014, 07:04
I'll talk to Doug about it.

Cheers,
JPG

damned
February 14th, 2014, 11:36
Do it more than once a year.

:)

We run FG Con twice a year!
Thats not to say you couldnt have more weekends of this feature.

wbcreighton
February 14th, 2014, 19:46
I think this could be a great idea. The players would get to see the real power of FG. That is usually all it takes to convert those who are sitting on the fence. Probably depends on how much admin it creates for SW. I could see a regular monthly PFS game day if this was instituted.

Twodogz
February 15th, 2014, 14:24
I think this could be a great idea. The players would get to see the real power of FG. That is usually all it takes to convert those who are sitting on the fence. Probably depends on how much admin it creates for SW. I could see a regular monthly PFS game day if this was instituted.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, one 48hr window per month, preferably over a weekend so as to appeal to all time zone players.

It would give us guys with the GM license an opportunity to show players from other systems just how good FG is. I'm sure FG would benefit from it's own GM base helping promote the product.