PDA

View Full Version : #5–12: Destiny of the Sands—Part 1: A Bitter Bargain. Sunday 16th Feb. 19.00 GMT

Skellan
February 12th, 2014, 21:58
A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 1–5.

Amenopheus has learned that the legacy of the Jeweled Sages lies near the Osirian trade city of Eto, and the Pathfinder Society has pledged its support in the Sapphire Sage’s investigation of his ancient order; however the lead dried up—that was until a familiar information broker contacted Amenopheus offering an exchange of services. To assist an ally and unlock the secrets of Osirion’s past, the Society must deal with a deadly antagonist once more by sending the PCs to fulfill the bargain and collect its due. The only question is what price their foe will demand.

Fantasy Grounds Licence: Ultimate (anyone can play)
Server Alias: quiet turtle ugly dungeon
Chat type: Teamspeak3 Server: fgts.servegame.com:9152 Password: Dungeoneers

Please sign up on the calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1154)
and post your character xml below along with your: Player name, Character Name, PFS Number, Faction, Starting Gold, Starting XP, Starting Fame/Prestige.

I will count you as signed up for the slot when I get all this information.

New players welcome. If you have any questions about getting set up, just let me know

Cheers!

Myrddin
February 12th, 2014, 22:23
Excellent, a PFS game at a GMT friendly time on a weekend! Count me in please.

Player Name: Myrddin
Character Name: Tremlin Silastar
PFS Number: 86049-1
Faction: Grand Lodge
Start Gold: 1381
Start XP: 6
Start Fame: 11

Char xml, last 2 chronicle sheets and inventory tracker attached. I have included the following purchases on the char xml and inventory tracker to be made at the start of the game, please (allocated to chronicle #10, my next one, on the inventory tracker).

Cheers

hangarflying
February 12th, 2014, 23:46
Hello, I would like to join. It will be the first time I've done an online game. I'll be sitting in a hotel room, so as long as connectivity is good, I should have no problems. It's also my first game since the summer, so hopefully I've filled out the inventory sheet correctly.

Player Name: hangarflying
Character Name: Oseph Roercheim
PFS Number: 43197-3
Start Gold: 794
Start XP: 4
Start Fame: 8
Start PP: 8

Char xml, inventory tracker and my last two chronicle sheets. If something looks off, please let me know!

EDIT: I also have a reroll, verified here. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19337-PFS-Reroll-register&p=166339&viewfull=1#post166339)

Trenloe
February 13th, 2014, 10:30
EDIT: 14th Feb. Added character XML.

Cool - get me on the first part of this 3 part Osirion faction centred mission please! :)

Player name: Martin Blake
Character Name: Djub-Djub (and Cheetah)
PFS Number: 26699-12
Faction: Osirion
Starting Gold: 1394
Starting XP: 5
Starting Fame/Prestige: 10/8

PC and Animal Companion XML:

Chronicle sheets and inventory tracking sheet available here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/llimodw9idhdf9k/bkTxrPldXi

I'll post my updated XML for both PCs later today. I may have a couple of purchases to make, but not much...

Looking forward to it. :)

Skellan
February 13th, 2014, 12:59
Great, that's three and there are some others to send info, so it looks like this session is a go.

There are also missions for Sczarni and Qadira in this scenario as well as Osirion. So this is an especially good one to play if you have characters in those factions.

hangarflying - I don't think fantasy grounds uses too much wifi juice so hopefully you will be ok :)

I will put the server up early so people can make sure everything is working ok. I want to start playing at 7.00pm sharp as I am sure people have work etc. the next day :)

kellerech
February 13th, 2014, 13:15
Hi,
Would love to join. Im pretty new to Pathfinder but have been playing a campaign with friends for a couple of months. Long time gamer and role player.

Player name: Kellerech
Character Name: Silveen Youngblight
PFS Number: 124105
Starting Gold: 150 (But will spend it in character creation)
Starting XP: 0
Starting Fame/Prestige: 0 I presume

Can I ask if the Rich Parents Trait is a legal one to use?

Will post character sheet etc later on tonight. Was just eager to sign up.

Many thanks

Trenloe
February 13th, 2014, 13:23
Can I ask if the Rich Parents Trait is a legal one to use?
No, its not PFS legal as per the Additional Resources page: https://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety/about/additionalResources

hangarflying
February 13th, 2014, 13:44
hangarflying - I don't think fantasy grounds uses too much wifi juice so hopefully you will be ok :)

Cool, now I just need to remember what time zone correction Arizona uses this time of year.

Do you have a selection of tokens for us to use, of should we provide a pic that we want?

Trenloe
February 13th, 2014, 13:47
Cool, now I just need to remember what time zone correction Arizona uses this time of year.
GMT-7 all year.

If you put your timezone in your profile the "Scheduled Play Times" in the top right of the game calendar entry will adjust to your local time.

jshauber
February 13th, 2014, 13:52
Running out the door for work, signed up on calender, will post character stuff later when I get back home.

jshauber
February 13th, 2014, 22:33
Player---Jim Hauber
Character--Ningirsu
PFS #---99453-1
Faction---Andoran
Start GP---2704
Start XP---6
Start Fame--12
Start Prestige--10

kellerech
February 14th, 2014, 01:38
Ok I finished the character off. Made a couple of tweaks and had a gender change from female to male ( and name change). Xml attached.

Player name: Kellerech
Character Name: Borosan Youngblight
PFS Number: 124105
Starting Gold: 5 Gold, 3 Silver, 4 Copper
Starting XP: 0
Starting Fame/Prestige: 0

Thanks

KBoom
February 14th, 2014, 04:43
For some reason I can't upload files to the thread (or any other thread...), which is why I haven't thrown my .xml on here, which makes me sad.

Trenloe
February 14th, 2014, 09:10
For some reason I can't upload files to the thread (or any other thread...), which is why I haven't thrown my .xml on here, which makes me sad.
If you see HTTPS in your URL while on the forums remove the S so that the URL is HTTP. This should allow you access to the attachment button. Unless your problem is something else? If it is please start a separate thread in the house of healing so that your issue can be looked at. Thanks.

KBoom
February 14th, 2014, 12:34
It just shows up as www.fantasygrounds.com/blahblahblah (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20452-5%9612-Destiny-of-the-Sands%97Part-1-A-Bitter-Bargain-Sunday-16th-Feb-19-00-GMT&p=168270&posted=1#post168270), but now it works, so that's something, I guess!

Player name - Kim
Character Name - Megan
PFS Number - 107797-11
Faction - Cheliax
Starting Gold - 4448
Starting XP - 4
Starting Fame/Prestige - 8/1

Trenloe
February 14th, 2014, 13:56
Added character and animal companion XML to details in post #4.

Lord Kavos
February 14th, 2014, 14:09
I'm in if there still space, will post my info tmrw

Skellan
February 15th, 2014, 12:15
Ok, we have 6 players:

Myrddin Tremlin Silastar 3 Bard 0 active
Trenloe Djub-Djub 2 Druid - Ape animal companion
kellerech Borosan Youngblight 1 Paladin 0
jshauber Ningirsu 3 Alchemist -6 active
KBoom Megan 2 Witch -5 active
hangarflying Oseph Roercheim 2 Fighter (Phalanx Soldier)

Sorry for those that missed out. As we had a lot of demand I will re run this scenario and also I have time to run more pfs in general. I ask for character info before I mark you as signed up as quite often I get people signing up on the calendar and then not showing. I think people are more likely to show if they have sent in details etc.

See you tomorrow folks!

Lord Kavos
February 16th, 2014, 03:30
no prob Skellan, been away, then had a busy weekend & havent had a chance to upload anything

Will keep an eye out for your next slot

Skellan
February 16th, 2014, 15:13
Server is up if anyone needs to sort themselves out. I will be afk for a bit but will be about

Skellan
February 16th, 2014, 17:47
I am REALLY sorry to do this guys but I have to cancel this session tonight. I hate cancelling and wouldn't do it flippantly (especially at the 11th hour) but something has come up I have to do :(
Sorry to put you all out. I will reschedule this game later. and I will make it up to those who were signed up for this

Dead sorry

hangarflying
February 16th, 2014, 17:50
Anyone else able to host a last minute game?

Trenloe
February 16th, 2014, 18:01
I am REALLY sorry to do this guys but I have to cancel this session tonight. I hate cancelling and wouldn't do it flippantly (especially at the 11th hour) but something has come up I have to do :(
Sorry to put you all out. I will reschedule this game later. and I will make it up to those who were signed up for this
Sorry to hear, but no worries - hope you sort out what you got to do.

Catch you next time...

jshauber
February 16th, 2014, 18:52

Dead sorry

Life happens, not the first or the last time something like with will happen.

We will be ready when you can reschedule.

kellerech
February 16th, 2014, 19:01
No worries. Ready, willing and able whenever you are.

Myrddin
February 16th, 2014, 19:01
No probs, mate. I guess I'll have to do the washing up and help get the kids to bed now!

Skellan
February 16th, 2014, 21:36
Life happens, not the first or the last time something like with will happen.

Yeah, there aren't many things that come above my gaming, it does happen, but not often

Ok, well, I would be able to run this scenario at the same time next week - Sunday 23rd February at 7.00 pm GMT. Would any of you be able to make this?

Trenloe
February 16th, 2014, 22:02
Ok, well, I would be able to run this scenario at the same time next week - Sunday 23rd February at 7.00 pm GMT. Would any of you be able to make this?
I should be OK for that.

hangarflying
February 17th, 2014, 00:03

At the moment, I should be able to do the 23rd. If it changes, I'll let you know.

KBoom
February 17th, 2014, 03:18
Don't worry about it, and the 23rd sounds fine.

Myrddin
February 17th, 2014, 12:45
Unfortunately, next Sunday is the next scheduled night for my regular fortnightly game. Kellerech is a player in this game, so that would take two of us out I'm afraid. I could make Saturday night if that's a possible alternative or, in fact, any other evening this week (except Thursday) since I'm on hols for kids' half-term.

Skellan
February 18th, 2014, 13:03
Ok, I have rescheduled this scenario for Sunday 2nd March at 7.00pm GMT. That's not this Sunday but the Sunday after. Hopefully you will all be able to make it. Please sign up on the calendar https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1156 if you can make it.

I will wait until next week until I make an announcement about this session to give you first dibs on it.

I will most probably also run something else in between as well as there seems to be a lot of people interested in pfs at the moment

Myrddin
February 18th, 2014, 14:08
Thanks. That works for me.

hangarflying
February 18th, 2014, 16:54
In theory, I should be able to make March 2nd.

kellerech
February 19th, 2014, 08:43
Good stuff. Thanks

jshauber
February 20th, 2014, 00:39
March 2nd should be good for me...

hangarflying
February 26th, 2014, 22:34
Hey Guys, I had a trip pop up, and I'll be unable to join in on the Mar 2nd game. I'll catch you on the next one.

Lord Kavos
February 27th, 2014, 09:47
im still keen if a slot opens up...

Skellan
February 27th, 2014, 12:44
Thanks for letting me know hangarflying. If anyone else can't make it this sunday please let me know so someone else can play.

I will use the character info you all gave me previously. Please let me know if it has changed.

Lord Kavos, if you sign up on the calendar and post your character info here, you might be in luck now that hangarflying isn't coming.

see you all on sunday. Pack your sandals...

Trenloe
February 27th, 2014, 13:56
See everyone on Sunday - looking forward to it! :)

Lord Kavos
February 27th, 2014, 21:40
Here is my PC xml & last chronicle

Myrddin
February 27th, 2014, 23:40
I'm still on for Sunday. Looking forward to it.

Skellan
March 1st, 2014, 11:16
Great
We have a full group tomorrow:

Myrddin
Trenloe
kellerech
Lord Kavos
jshauber
KBoom

See you all tomorrow

Lord Kavos
March 1st, 2014, 11:55
Hi Skellan,

Can you use this version of Kayliss please?

Fixed a couple of things - I posted an old version / xml & was a couple of errors

Looking forward to the game.

Skellan
March 2nd, 2014, 16:43
Server is up - Game starts at 19.00 GMT

kellerech
March 2nd, 2014, 18:26
Folks, I'm really sorry to say that something has just come up in the last half hour. Need to get my daughter to chapel by 7.10 tonight and pick her up by about 9. This would mean missing the first 15 mins and 15 mins around 9ish. I have been looking forward to this but don't want to cause undue upset to the game. Let me know if that is acceptable or if not I'll bow out on this one.

Many thanks

Kellerech

Lord Kavos
March 2nd, 2014, 18:35
no prob from my end...

Lord Kavos
March 2nd, 2014, 18:42
no prob from my end...

Trenloe
March 2nd, 2014, 23:36
Thanks for the game - no purchases for Djub-Djub.

Spent: 2gp on tax.

Used: 1 x Holy Water.

Day Job Roll: 17.

Lord Kavos
March 2nd, 2014, 23:47
Thanks for the game Skellan...

Only purchase will be a Pearl of Power 1st lvl (1000gp) - have access from my previous chronicle.

Spent 2gp on tax, day job roll 28

Would have also got a wand of Bless if we earnt 2PP, but will have to wait for that :(

Myrddin
March 3rd, 2014, 00:14
Thanks for the game Skellan. Look forward to the next one.

No purchases for Tremlin except those made before the game:
+ Cloak of Resistance (+1) 1,000gp
+ Acid (Flask) 10gp
+ Alchemist's Fire (Flask) 20gp
+ Antitoxin (vial) 50gp
+ Potion of cure moderate wounds 300gp

I pay the 2gp I owe Borosan for the duty.

Day job roll 13 (5gp)

Skellan
March 3rd, 2014, 23:18
Lord Kavos - your last chronicle has the day job blank and the end gold total wrong. Not sure what to do with your sheet, could you let me know what's happened? Is there a missing day job total?

Skellan
March 3rd, 2014, 23:48
Chronicles are located here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wz8lhxuzjjy1dmv/vzGPcKZnoy

Thanks for playing everyone. Sorry about the technical problems.

Lord Kavos
March 3rd, 2014, 23:52
Yea skellan should have 50gp in the day job box

Skellan
March 4th, 2014, 00:25
Thought so, but thought I had best check. I have added your chronicle to the dropbox linked above

Lord Kavos
March 4th, 2014, 00:35
Thx buddy

Myrddin
March 4th, 2014, 01:10
Thanks Skellan. All looks good except I think my final total gold is missing the 5gp from day job roll...total should be 520gp.

Trenloe
March 4th, 2014, 08:12
Chronicles are located here https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wz8lhxuzjjy1dmv/vzGPcKZnoy

Thanks for playing everyone. Sorry about the technical problems.
I don't see mine...

Skellan
March 4th, 2014, 09:29
I sent you an email, its just that your previous sheet seems to have an error of 50gp and the wrong pfs character number. If I am right, you could either ask the previous gm to issue a new one or I could add an adjustment to this one.

jshauber
March 5th, 2014, 02:09
Hey Skellan.

I don't see my chronicle sheet in the drop box, Ningirsu

Skellan
March 5th, 2014, 11:41
oops, I had saved over it - it should be there now

Myrddin
March 5th, 2014, 22:24
My sheet still seems to show wrong gold. Final total gold is missing the 5gp from day job roll...total should be 520gp. Thanks

kellerech
March 5th, 2014, 22:41
Hi Skellan, thanks for the game. Really enjoyed it. I'll have a couple of purchases to make but will get them done asap once I sort a couple of things with work.

Many thanks

Kellerech

Skellan
March 6th, 2014, 00:29
Sorry Myrddin, I missed your earlier post. I have updated it now.
Sure Kellerech, just let me know what you want.

Skellan
March 6th, 2014, 00:37
...chronicles are cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd

Myrddin
March 6th, 2014, 00:58
Thanks Skellan

Skellan
March 6th, 2014, 01:03
You're welcome mate :)