PDA

View Full Version : Would be nice if whispers didn't have the typing bubble over portraits or diff them

d1wright
February 11th, 2014, 03:54
Always disappointed when I see a lot of typing bubbles on portraits only to realize they're whispers.

It would be nice if there were a toggle to allow the DM to change this so that they appear differently to identify them as beginning with "/w" somehow, color, size, shape? Don't appear at all?

Thanks for consideration.

Nickademus
February 11th, 2014, 07:04
As a GM? You can turn an option on that let's you, as the GM, see all the players' whispers to each other. Then you'll know they aren't typing to the chat window.

JohnD
February 11th, 2014, 11:21
Yes, GM should be able to see every whisper. How else will you know when a random PC needs a little misfortune to brighten their game up? ;)

dulux-oz
February 11th, 2014, 14:19
And they call me an "Evil GM"!

d1wright
February 11th, 2014, 14:35
Yes, there is that toggle as DM but it doesn't address the issue for anyone as the DM doesn't know it's a whisper either until the player hits return. The issue is that player and DM think someone else is about to speak and wait for their posting before starting one of their own. Then the bubble disappears and no post appears for players and the DM realizes he's been holding up the game. Disappointing.

Therefore, if the bubble recognized that a "/w" was leading the chat, have it a different color, size, or shape.

Trenloe
February 11th, 2014, 14:37
I'd recommend you add it to the FG wish list: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

d1wright
February 11th, 2014, 14:52
I agree that if a developer thinks it's a valid request, they should add it to the list.

Or if you already have a valid account for that site, feel free to cut and paste my description into a new request.

Trenloe
February 11th, 2014, 15:00
I agree that if a developer thinks it's a valid request, they should add it to the list.

Or if you already have a valid account for that site, feel free to cut and paste my description into a new request.
You can do it "without registration". I think the person who originally advocated the idea should be the one to post it in the FG wish list.

Nickademus
February 11th, 2014, 15:37
And they call me an "Evil GM"!

My players don't call me an evil GM. They know better. :ogre:

Good idea though.

dulux-oz
February 11th, 2014, 16:10
My players don't call me an evil GM. They know better. :ogre:

Good idea though.

Oh, it's not my Players who call me an Evil GM - not while their Characters are alive, anyway <WEG = Wicked Evil Grin> ;)

sciencephile
February 11th, 2014, 17:01
Which Dulux-oz knows since he can see every whisper. He must have told them that he sees all whispers (keeps them from talking bad about him behind his back). ;)

Nickademus
February 11th, 2014, 17:17
The GM doesn't need to tell you. All you have to do is start overly bad-mouthing the GM to another player. If he/she has the option to see turned on, you'll know. :dead:

d1wright
February 11th, 2014, 19:41
Poor user interface on the suggestion page.

How about "Click HERE to search for existing topics before submitting one of your own!" or "Use this search box to find the topic you're interested in. If you don't find a suggestion that matches, you'll then be able to create a new one."

Rather than "I would like to..."

JohnD
February 11th, 2014, 22:36
Yes, if the DM starts laughing it's already too late.

That's lost a little in the VTT realm, but it was quite true back in the day.

dulux-oz
February 12th, 2014, 02:40
Which Dulux-oz knows since he can see every whisper. He must have told them that he sees all whispers (keeps them from talking bad about him behind his back). ;)

As I quite openly tell people in my Tutorial Videos on the Players' & the GM's Chat Box - yes, another of my shameless self-plugs (see link in my Sig) :p

Yes, if the DM starts laughing it's already too late.

That's lost a little in the VTT realm, but it was quite true back in the day.

I don't know, Team Speak transmits the Evil Laugh quite well

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

sciencephile
February 12th, 2014, 07:48
As I quite openly tell people in my Tutorial Videos on the Players' & the GM's Chat Box - yes, another of my shameless self-plugs (see link in my Sig) :p

Isn't that similar to liking your own posts in facebook? :o

I guess I play the really, really evil type that doesn't openly tell them I'm evil. They just find out later, I suppose. My players tried to suggest that I turn off my ability to see the whispers when I mentioned how they whispered to each other a whole bunch and asked them to cut down. I wasn't stupid enough to fall for that one ;)

dulux-oz
February 12th, 2014, 08:25
Isn't that similar to liking your own posts in facebook? :o

What, the self-plug or telling people openly that I monitor their whispers? :p

I don't use Facebook, so if it's the first then I don't know.