PDA

View Full Version : Monsters & Treasure

JohnD
February 9th, 2014, 16:45
Just wondering if everyone else has a M&T module in FG that feels incomplete. Mine for example only has 4 potions listed in that section and 1 wand in that section.

Targas
February 10th, 2014, 04:22
Hi John,

I've both the Monsters and Treasure .mod and the PDF. It seems to lack content at first view, but is identical in content and only ment as example on how to create potions, wands and such, which is described in the manual as well.
I would have liked it to be similar than within the 1st Ed. AD&D DM Guide where it lists 31 potions and 16 wands on page 122 and more details on how to create them (e.g. for potion of flying use hippogriff feathers and wyvern blood) than in the C&C rules, but it is what it is.
Wizards of the Coast once had the 1st Ed. AD&D DM Guide on their pdf store, but it's gone. It was just a poorly scanned PDF with full page graphics instead of words you could select and search for, maybe this is the reason why they removed it.

Maybe someone has made a mod of treasure items already ? Even in the M and T of Aihrde only unique magical items are listed.
If not, we may start to build up one with the campaign by just preparing a couple of treasure items in front of each session ?

JohnD
February 10th, 2014, 04:50
My point is that looking at the PDF of the book, there seems to be a lot of items missing in the FG module. A CK can always make them manually, but just being able to drag and drop the more common magical potions for example would save a lot of time and effort, which is something you'd logically expect that module to do.

Targas
February 10th, 2014, 19:07
My point is that looking at the PDF of the book, there seems to be a lot of items missing in the FG module. A CK can always make them manually, but just being able to drag and drop the more common magical potions for example would save a lot of time and effort, which is something you'd logically expect that module to do.
You're right. Sadly, it's not only this book which lacks quality, but the adventure module A0 I've been looking into, too. Lot's of typos, missing key encounters, etc.
Maybe it's just that my expectations are that at least the same content (copy&paste) from the PDF's should be present, if not more like wandering encounter tables and such.

Moon Wizard
February 12th, 2014, 06:25
I sent a note to Doug to see if we have the original developer around to fix these.

Regards,
JPG

JohnD
February 13th, 2014, 16:35
I sent a note to Doug to see if we have the original developer around to fix these.

Regards,
JPG

That would be great.

phantomwhale
February 14th, 2014, 04:57
Playing through A0 myself right now, and thinking it could do with an overhaul for all the new goodness that the ruleset has. Plus yeah, the typos :)

If you can't find the original developer, feel free to ping me...

Targas
February 14th, 2014, 14:22
I added lots of stuff like wilderness encounter charts, new campaign cartographer 3 maps, encounter setups, missing entries like 'Slissas' and 'stablemaster' (it's a shame), etc. as well. Even the dungeon layout in the module differs from the print edition... what shall I say.
Don't want to blame, maybe the conversion was free without charging so no real time and effort was put into it.

JohnD
February 14th, 2014, 15:00
Not necessarily related but when DMs/GMs/CKs are working with black and white map materials in purchased modules, the map grid is almost invisible as is the highlighting of the active token... being able to adjust those will be a big help.

Targas
February 14th, 2014, 16:26
This is why i make my m grids in partly transparent dark red. Looks lovely.