PDA

View Full Version : Combat Tracker adds identities to chatbox?

seycyrus
February 8th, 2014, 16:47
Good morning,

I use the GURPS ruleset and am still learning FG in general.

Yesterday I was watching Xorn's tutorial videos on campaign management, and I opening up FG to to sort of follow along, and then closed FG after a bit. As it closed, I glimpsed a bunch of identities under the chat window in addition to GM. Now I hadn't opened up any additional identities (either by clicking on the voice bubble on the NPC sheet, or by using /id <name>), and also noticed that the identities were labelled Goblin #2, Goblin #3 etc. just like they are listed in the combat tracker. In general, I can't get more than one identity to open up at one time, by using the voice bubble on the NPC sheet (no #2, #3..., just a single instance of Goblin), even if I open up the NPC sheet by hitting the link for Goblin #2 (for instance) on the combat tracker.

As I was watching the tutorial, I was clicking on tokens, links, and other stuff as I looked at all the bells and whistles that DnD rulesets is capable of as shown in the tutorial video, but don't remember any specific time at which the multiple identities were generated.

Does anyone have any idea how I did it?

Thanks for your time.

P.S. Or was i just seeing things?

Moon Wizard
February 8th, 2014, 19:57
The identity list is controlled by code in each ruleset. So, we would have to ask the developer of the GURPS ruleset to clarify how that works in this case.

Regards,
JPG

saithan
February 9th, 2014, 05:58
you simply enable that feature in the preferences, auto assume ID on turns. this makes the ruleset auto add the ID or switch to the ID upon the NPC's turn in the tracker.

seycyrus
February 9th, 2014, 15:02
Whoops, so obvious when you see it!

Thanks!