PDA

View Full Version : Alternative ColourGizmo Extension

dulux-oz
February 8th, 2014, 08:48
Overview
This Extension adds an EntryBox to the ColourGizmo which allows you to enter the Hexadecimal Colour Code of a Colour. Once you press Enter the Colour of your Dice and Pointers, etc, is set to that Hexadecimal Colour Code. The value in the EntryBox also displays the Hexadecimal Colour Code of the current Colour and will update when pressing any of the Colour Step Buttons. In all other respects this works exactly the same as the standard ColourGizmo (ie same Step Amounts, etc).

Version

1.0 - Inital
1.1 - Minor Graphical Update
1.2 - Minor Graphical Update and Code tidy-up - Killed off as no long required (functionality added to CoreRPG by SW).
2.0 - Resurrected and Added Hex Entry Box
2.1 - Code re-work to bring Extension in line with other Dulux-Oz Extensions (DOEs), including adding Dynamic Sizing Menubar (see the DOE: Alignment Graph Extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/DOE:_Alignment_Graph)) - Current

Rulesets
This Extension works with:

CoreRPG Rulset v3.1.2+ and selected Child Rulesets.

Not required for the MJBCore Ruleset v1.x as functionality is already built in.

Dependancies
This Extension is dependant upon:

CoreRPG Ruleset v3.1.2

Details

This is an alternate to the current ColourGizmo (also known as the Pointer Selection).
This Extension uses a different background (to differentiate it from the standard ColourGizmo) and adds an Entry Box which allows you to enter a Hexadecimal Colour Code to set your Characters Signature Colour. This is in addition to the "standard" way of doing this.

Link to the new DOE Base Extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27158-DOE-Base-Extension) which replaces and enhances this one.

Enjoy!

Eru the One
February 8th, 2014, 10:24
Great job!

damned
February 8th, 2014, 10:44
ok... so you are a perfectionist :)

dulux-oz
February 8th, 2014, 10:54
I thought that would have been bl00dy obvious by now! :rolleyes:

damned
February 8th, 2014, 11:14
yes but sometimes you just gotta say it.

Trenloe
February 8th, 2014, 14:13
Cool. :)

Added to the CoreRPG extension list thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20320-FG-3-0-CoreRPG-Extensions

dulux-oz
February 8th, 2014, 14:18
I didn't know there was such a list - thanks Trenloe.

dulux-oz
February 27th, 2014, 05:41
Just a quick note to say that I've made a minor cosmetic change to my Alternate ColourGizmo Extension.

The new version (v1.1) is attached to Post #1 of this Thread.

Cheers

Bidmaron
February 28th, 2014, 15:50
Dulux, are you keeping the one in the first post up to date?

dulux-oz
February 28th, 2014, 17:35
I am now - hence the edits to various Posts in this Thread.

Sorry for any confusion - I've never dealt with Extensions before, but I know now (& knowing is half the battle).

Cheers

dulux-oz
April 3rd, 2014, 14:56
Just a note to ensure that everyone realises that I've update the Extension to version 1.2 and edited the initial post to show a better detail of Documentation.

Cheers

dulux-oz
June 5th, 2014, 04:41
Hi All,

With the release of FG v3.0.4 and the modifications to the Colour Gizmo that Moon Wizard incorporated into that version (ie the Colour Gizmo Buttons now having values of 50, 10 & 1) this Extension is now superseded, so I will no longer be supporting it.

I hope you found it useful and, obviously, the Smite Works Boys thought so as well.

Cheers

EDIT: The above statement (re: ongoing support) is no longer true as this Extension has been "Resurrected" (or is that "Raise Dead"?) - see post #17.

damned
June 5th, 2014, 05:01
good work dulux - you will however need to make a new extension to take its place.

dulux-oz
June 5th, 2014, 05:24
good work dulux - you will however need to make a new extension to take its place.

I assume you mean a new Extension that is not Colour Gizmo related - its in the works - I've been working v. hard to get version 2 of my Locations Extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20794-Locations-(inc-Shops-amp-Towns)-Databse-Extension) done (worlds, star systems, planes of existence, cosmologies, & portals) which, obviously, will lead straight into my Weather Extension, then I'm going to tackle a Hex-Grid related Extension - plus I'm still working on producing Tutorial Videos, etc

That good enough for ya :p

damned
June 5th, 2014, 06:35
to be honest - i sit here sometimes trying to think of a cool extension - and i cant. the ruleset i play - castles&crusades has enough bells and whistles to keep it humming along and I just cant think of things that would add value - and then smarty pants like you lot come along with some new extension and its just cool :)
i mean i would love to see more Effects for Castles&Crusades as they are very basic in that ruleset but most of you coders play PF and SW.
any hoo - i just didnt want you slacking off just because you dont have to maintain that one anymore :)

dulux-oz
June 5th, 2014, 07:29
to be honest - i sit here sometimes trying to think of a cool extension - and i cant. the ruleset i play - castles&crusades has enough bells and whistles to keep it humming along and I just cant think of things that would add value - and then smarty pants like you lot come along with some new extension and its just cool :)
i mean i would love to see more Effects for Castles&Crusades as they are very basic in that ruleset but most of you coders play PF and SW.
any hoo - i just didnt want you slacking off just because you dont have to maintain that one anymore :)

I'm glad you like it/them - I haven't had a look at any Effects Code yet, so I can't help with that right now.

Bottom line, I come up with Extensions because I need the functionality in my own Übergame RPG Ruleset - and it makes sense to write what I need in a way that others can also use the functionality - so, in part, it's me being selfish - or at least dissatisfied with the "status quo" - basically, its my rampart ego telling me "You can do it better, or at least as good, as those others."

Which is why I always like people who stroke my ego :p

Cheers

dulux-oz
January 13th, 2015, 03:38
Hi All,

Due to requests I've resurrected my Alternate ColourGizmo Extension and re-released it in the first post of this thread (as v2). This is a completely new version, using the "standard" Step-Values but adding the ability to enter Hexadecimal Colour Codes as well/instead of using the Colour Buttons.

Enjoy!

Unahim
July 17th, 2015, 19:54
Pure amazingsauce, thanks!

dulux-oz
July 29th, 2015, 03:17
Updated to version 2.1 in the first post.

Wazoodust
August 2nd, 2015, 05:22
Not sure if it's me or another extension causing the issue, but I keep getting this error.

Script Error: [string "Common/Scripts/lsDesktopManager.lua"]:243: attempt to compare number with string

dulux-oz
August 2nd, 2015, 10:40
Not sure if it's me or another extension causing the issue, but I keep getting this error.

Script Error: [string "Common/Scripts/lsDesktopManager.lua"]:243: attempt to compare number with string

It'll be the two Extensions interacting with each other (assuming its v2.1 that you're talking about) - All of my recently released/updated Extensions modify the Desktop Manager (by overriding the default Desktop Manager with the lsDesktopManager.lua file).

Its normally only a small change needed to get the Extensions to work together - which Ruleset and Extensions are you using?

In the meantime, a work-around is to load up the AltColourGizmo by itself, make any necessary changes to the relevant PC's die colour with the HexCode, then reload the Ruleset without the ColourGizmo loaded but with any others you choose to. Of course, if you are only changing colour via the Gizmo and mouse clicks then you don't need the Extension.

Anyway, get back to me with the relevant info and I'll get things fixed

Cheers

Wazoodust
August 2nd, 2015, 17:06
I'm running 3.1.2 and 2.1 of the gizmo.It shows up when I use the town database along with the gizmo. Can't seem to find where I got that one, I have you're locations database that runs just fine with it, so I'll just not use the town one as it may be the one that's outdated and really causing the issues. I'm pretty new at this, so have some patience if I ask dumb questions occasionally !!

dulux-oz
August 3rd, 2015, 02:12
That's cool - don't worry about asking dumb questions, we all did at some stage :)

The original Town Database (& its sister the Shop Database) were written a while back (by I forget who) - they were part of my inspiration for my Locations Database. I don't know, but I've got a feeling they've not been maintained/updated much - probably because my Locations Database does everything they did and more and it is being maintained (or that could just be my rampant ego taking over again). Both of those Extensions are still listed on the 3.5E/PF and CoreRPG Extension Threads, so you probably picked it up from there.

If you've found an acceptable solution then that's great - I'll stop worrying about investigating what's been going wrong and concentrate on the new version of the Locations & Weather Extensions (& the Organisation and WMC Extensions).

Cheers

dulux-oz
December 7th, 2015, 06:33
With the release of several new Extensions and the improvement of several old ones, the Alternate ColourGizmo Extension's functionality has been incorporated into the new DOE Base Extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?27158-DOE-Base-Extension). As such, I am closing this Thread down and removing the Alternate ColourGizmo Extension files from the first post.

Thankyou to everyone who has given me feedback on this Extension over the years, and I hope you'll like the new Extensions as well.

Cheers