PDA

View Full Version : Error on creating new human?

Mgrancey
February 5th, 2014, 04:39
Has anyone had an issue with an error popping up when you create a new human for deadlands? Its not really a problem just more of an annoyance as the error message box pops up. The effect is simply that it doesn't open the human object by default when you create a new one.

Message is:

Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (huamn : human.id-00001)

simply looks like somewhere there is huaman instead of human.

Callum
February 5th, 2014, 08:16
I don't have any insight into this issue, but I wanted to say that this is probably my favourite thread title ever!

phantomwhale
February 11th, 2014, 00:24
Had a quick look around the codebase, and couldn't find the word "huamn" anywhere. That said, can still try and replicate it tonight, when I'm near my actual FG machine.

As always, I'm going to ask what the output of "/version" is ?

Would be interested to know if the word "huamn" appears in your db.xml for that campaign too ? Or if this error happens in a brand new campaign ?

Mgrancey
February 11th, 2014, 01:06
SW Deluxe 3.4.2 (Build 3)
Deadlands: Reloaded 1.3.0 (Build 5)

Tested in a Deadlands Campaign that I've had going for awhile and it popped up, the other instances were in new campaigns that I was working on modules in.

Cracked open the Deadlands extension, found it in "Campaign\dlr_campaign_humans.xml"
Line 79; misspelled inside 'class' tags

phantomwhale
February 11th, 2014, 01:23
Nuts - looks like I fixed that about 8 days after I pushed up version 1.3.1 (in August last year) so not only did it not make that latest release (1.3.1) it also seems that the latest release never got pushed out :(

However, there is a newer beta version (1.4.0) which I sent to Smiteworks last week. I've asked them to push them into the "Test" channel (along with SavageWorlds v3.5 and other Savage Worlds extension fixes) so that people can check it works for them, and spot any other extension incompatibilities. No word yet about that, but once it's up I'd recommend using those versions.