PDA

View Full Version : Can tab order be fixed?

cscase
February 4th, 2014, 19:43
I've recently built a module for a longish scenario in which I used tabs to separate story entries into different sections. The problem I'm seeing, though, is that when I load the module, the tabs are all shuffled around into the wrong order every time. Is there any way I can make the tabs appear in a fixed order across the bottom of the story list window?

Nickademus
February 4th, 2014, 19:54
Is this a module that you are opening in a separate campaign? I noticed this a little bit, but I found that closing the module and reopening it fixed the order of the tabs. It also may have to do with windows being wide enough to accommodate the tabs before opening the module.

Moon Wizard
February 5th, 2014, 00:57
The order of category tabs can not be controlled. However, I believe that the ordering is the order in which the categories are defined, with categories in the main campaign being read first, followed by modules. So each set of tabs from a module should be grouped together unless they overlap with the main campaign data.

Regards,
JPG

Callum
February 5th, 2014, 08:14
I do this a lot, and my experience matches what JPG says - the tabs from the module appear in the order that I created them.

cscase
February 5th, 2014, 16:57
Ahh okay. Well not exactly what I was hoping to hear but helpful nonetheless! I wonder if I can reorder them in the db.xml somehow, retroactively, instead of having to re-create all of the tabs and re-exporting... Thanks Nickademus, Moon Wizard, and Callum!

Edit: Aha, you were right. Looking at the db.xml in the module, I see that the <category> tags are ordered exactly as the tabs are showing up when I load the module. So, seems that when the module loads, the tabs get put in whatever order they appear in the module's db.xml. Therefore, I should be able to just move them around inside the file to get them to order correctly. Thanks very much getting me pointed in the right direction, y'all.