PDA

View Full Version : Gamemaster without License key

TomXPro
February 3rd, 2014, 02:38
Hi,

we're bought an Ultimate License for our RPG guild.
So... I'm wondering if there is any possibility to make a free client user a Gamemaster because we want to change them sometimes but don't want to give out License Code to everyone in our guild.
How could we realize such a scenario?

Greetings
Tom

JohnD
February 3rd, 2014, 04:27
Not under the existing model.

Nickademus
February 3rd, 2014, 05:24
Might want to look into the Steam temporary subscription. I don't know the details myself, but it seems like it would be best for someone that wished to GM only for a short period of time.

Can't do anything for him (legally) with your Ultimate though.

Moon Wizard
February 3rd, 2014, 07:19
We recommend that people use separate Full licenses for those that want to GM or play, and Lite licenses for those that want to only play. All licenses are for a single user.

Regards,
JPG

TomXPro
February 3rd, 2014, 14:23
Hmm... too bad :(

So... is there a way to hide the license key?
We need a chance to change GMs. What about a server query maybe for future versions? We have a guild server where we could store the license file.

Trenloe
February 3rd, 2014, 14:26
So... is there a way to hide the license key?
We need a chance to change GMs. What about a server query maybe for future versions? We have a guild server where we could store the license file.
All licenses, even the ultimate license, are for a single user and are not transferable I'm afraid.

TomXPro
February 3rd, 2014, 15:08
I don't want to transfer the license. I just want to give other users the possibility to be the GM.
:-/

Trenloe
February 3rd, 2014, 15:12
I don't want to transfer the license. I just want to give other users the possibility to be the GM.
As the ultimate license is single user, if you want someone else to be the GM then they will have to purchase at least a full license. If they are using a full (and not their own ultimate license) then all of the players joining their game will have to have a minimum of a lite license.

Doswelk
February 3rd, 2014, 18:45
:-/You do not need to hide the license key, you just connect as a player to another GM running a copy of Full or Ultimate, the only check it will do is make sure that your copy of FGII is not using the same license key as it is, if they are different you connect as a player.

Moon Wizard
February 3rd, 2014, 19:32
Please send a note to [email protected] with an overview of how your guild works and how you envision using FG.

It might make more sense to swap the Ultimate license for individual Full and Lite licenses, and explore how your plans to see if we can make a guild special.

Regards,
JPG