PDA

View Full Version : Problems with combat tracker in RMC

Beelzedude
February 2nd, 2014, 17:42
Hi.

My group has had some problems pertaining to the combat tracker in RMC since the big update to 3.0.X. We've also tested it with 3.5E and the problems seem to be the same.

The probmels we've encountered are:

- The inability of anyone to target anything. Players can't terget NPCs and the GM can't target anything without force targeting.

- The table resolver doesn't resolve any rolls made by the palyers.

Neither the GM nor the players get any error messages and reinstalling FG (after complete removal with Revo) didn't do anything either.

Since we are practically about to give up on the campaign and FG as a whole (which for lack of any alternative at all for Rolemaster nobody really wants) we really hope that this is fixable. Even if it should turn out to be an operating error of some kind.

Trenloe
February 2nd, 2014, 17:48
Are you using the new targeting process that was introduced in FG 3.0? It is explained in post #2 in the 3.0 release thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20044-Release-v3-0

EDIT: Sorry, this doesn't seem to be enabled for the Rolemaster Ruleset, but it is definitely what you should be doing for the 35e ruleset.

It's been a while since I used the RMC ruleset, so someone more familiar with it may provide more accurate comments/instructions.

However, I've just done some testing and it is working OK for me - the main thing is to remember that the combat entry in the combat tracker must show the "Attack vs" entry for the PC/NPC being attacked - this is accomplished my dragging the target name/token onto the relevant entry in the combat tracker. Here is the PC "Tester" having targeted the Chimera (Attack vs = Chimera)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/Fantasy%20Grounds/RMC%20Combat%20Tracker.JPG

The "Att OB" roll would be against the Chimera and it will appear in the chat window. If the GM double-clicks on this it will auto populate in the table resolver:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/Fantasy%20Grounds/RMC%20Attack.JPG

Trenloe
February 2nd, 2014, 18:55
Unfortunately, it looks like the new FG 3.0 targeting does not translate into the FG Combat Tracker for Rolemaster. The way I have got it working is as shown in post #2 above - the GM or Player need to click-and-drag the name of the person/creature they want to target from the creature's entry on the combat tracker to the relevant "Attack vs" or "Defend vs" field in their combat tracker entry.

Beelzedude
February 2nd, 2014, 19:26
Thanks for the quick and helpful response.

Dragging the name into the the attack/defend vs. field works and the table resolver resolves what it should resolve.
The downside is the lack of the coloured rings around the NPC tokens on the map indicating who targeted whom, but I can live with that as long as the combat actually works.

Hopefully the guys over at ICE will make the 3.0 targeting system work for RMC.

Trenloe
February 2nd, 2014, 20:57
Hopefully the guys over at ICE will make the 3.0 targeting system work for RMC.
It's the developers here who'll have to sort it out - ICE just license the product to Fantasy Grounds, they don't do the development.

Hopefully Moon Wizard or Dakadin will see this thread and pick it up...

Dakadin
February 3rd, 2014, 03:35
The plan is the finish rebuilding the RMC ruleset so it is based off the FG v3.0 CoreRPG ruleset so it can take advantage of the v3.0 features. Unfortunately, it has been going slower than I would like because of work.

Tiqon
February 3rd, 2014, 14:32
The plan is the finish rebuilding the RMC ruleset so it is based off the FG v3.0 CoreRPG ruleset so it can take advantage of the v3.0 features. Unfortunately, it has been going slower than I would like because of work.

Argh Dakadin! That should not be an excuse! ;). You just have to tone down how much you work :P. We are more important!

Moon Wizard
February 3rd, 2014, 19:41
Dakadin can correct me, but I think the RM ruleset always used its own targeting system independent of the token targeting. I think Dakadin is planning to match what's in the CoreRPG ruleset to make it match other rulesets. Probably not an easy drop-in change.

Cheers,
JPG

Dakadin
February 3rd, 2014, 23:28
Yes that is correct, JPG. It does use its own targeting system. I am trying to get the RMC ruleset to take advantage of as many CoreRPG features as I can. It definitely hasn't been an easy change so far.

Please let me know if anyone has any questions.