PDA

View Full Version : Positioning the UI inside the frame

Heilemann
February 2nd, 2014, 05:24
So I'm creating custom graphics for my extension; but how do I move the interface bits inside of something like that chat box to accommodate the graphics?

PS: What is the max bitmap size/resolution?

Moon Wizard
February 2nd, 2014, 05:48
I believe that the max graphic size for frames is 2Kx2K, but I'd have to look at code to be sure. In general, we recommend smaller sizes to keep the ruleset size down for network transfers.

To change the location of the UI elements within the chat window, you have to modify or replace the "chat" windowclass object defined in the ruleset.

Regards,
JPG

Heilemann
February 2nd, 2014, 12:42
Alright, so I found the windowclass in desktop_classes.xml. Now, if I want to overwrite just pieces of it, can I do so, or do I have to replace the entire <windowclass name="chat"> structure?

Trenloe
February 2nd, 2014, 13:07
Alright, so I found the windowclass in desktop_classes.xml. Now, if I want to overwrite just pieces of it, can I do so, or do I have to replace the entire <windowclass name="chat"> structure?
You can use the "merge", "join" or "replace" functionality in the XML - see post #2 of this thread for more info: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19530-Ruleset-layering-summary

Heilemann
February 2nd, 2014, 15:52
Is there any documentation on this, beyond that post? I'd love to see some examples.

Trenloe
February 2nd, 2014, 16:02
Is there any documentation on this, beyond that post? I'd love to see some examples.
There are plenty of examples if you do a "find in files" in a ruleset that is layered on top of CoreRPG. For example, unzip 3.5E.pak and then do a "find in files" (using a text editor like Notepad++ that supports this) for merge against the base directory of the extracted 3.5e ruleset.

But, there is no specific documentation at the moment. The current feedback on this is that the FG developers (Moon Wizard) are waiting until the initial teething problems of 3.0 are resolved and patched before moving on to producing documentation.

Heilemann
February 2nd, 2014, 17:50
Great, that's exactly what I needed! Thanks.