PDA

View Full Version : Facing Icon

Paul Pratt
February 1st, 2014, 19:21
I have tried to change the facing icon, and can't seem to get it to display. The name and path checkout, so I went as far as removing the icon, and still the same image appears. Is this item something I can not change?

Moon Wizard
February 1st, 2014, 23:43
Are you talking about the triangular graphic displayed when facing enabled for tokens?

If so, it was just implemented in v3, and is not customizable at this time. Please add to wish list in my sig.

Regards,
JPG

Blacky
February 5th, 2014, 20:21
Done: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=80947

ANd on top of that, there's a scaling bug with it ;)

Moon Wizard
February 5th, 2014, 21:47
I got an approach for the scaling bug for the next patch. The customizable icon is much trickier to add, especially with all the relative scaling and different token shapes/sizes going on.

JPG

Blacky
February 5th, 2014, 23:19
I'm no coder, but it seems to me whatever way you're generating the triangle (being a real image, a vector, some pure code, whatever) you could just place it as bitmap because it's always the same size. If you're code say “draw a triangle at x,y with d degree rotation” you could have your code say “place the bitmap at x,y with d rotation”.

If it's really tricky, a stopgap for the time being would be to create a ruleset definition for the color (as rrggbbaa) of the triangle. It isn't that good (hard to say without real test, but I was going to try a white triangle with a small black stroke myself to improve visibility and readability, or a radial gradient with a stroke) but it's better than nothing :)