PDA

View Full Version : 5E Games or Updates?

PhilFischer
January 30th, 2014, 08:22
Are there still any 5E games out there on FGII?

What is the status of the 5E system for FGII?
Is the posted 90% of the way there the best option at this point?

Moon Wizard
January 30th, 2014, 18:16
There is an extension to the 4E ruleset to partially implement some of the 5E automation:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19639-Here-is-Extension-for-4E-ruleset-that-gets-you-90-of-way-to-D-amp-D-Next-(5E)

Also, I am still working on a 5E ruleset to ship officially with the Fantasy Grounds client. It's been slow going, because of our big v3 release. I don't have a release date yet, but it is definitely in the 90-95% range; and it will have an entire feature set similar to 3.5E/4E/PFRPG rulesets.

I've heard a few 5E games mentioned on the forums in the past, but haven't kept track of what is active.

Regards,
JPG

Irondrake
February 1st, 2014, 06:10
I'm running a 5E game now once a week in my own setting (currently, may be turning into twice a week depending on how things pan out in the near future) using the 4E extension and the final playtest rules. Its going pretty well, though we're anxiously awaiting the official/unofficial 5E ruleset :) The teaser Dr. Z gave was pretty amazing.

addax
February 13th, 2014, 18:16
I've been running 5E for awhile now, Converted all of Red Hand of Doom over and then started up another campaign based off of Paizo's Kingmaker series. We use 3.5E and it has been working excellently. I've even been able to work in a few interesting homebrew rules based on some of the functionality that FG provides. I made a few condition counters (-1 to attack and AC) to be applied based on the degree of damage a PC or NPC has taken via Detailed Wound Categories. Great way to work combat fatigue into the game and make combats more interesting.

lokiare
March 7th, 2014, 23:36
Can someone invite me to their 5E game. I want to try it out.