PDA

View Full Version : Weird issue with library entry images

Mgrancey
January 30th, 2014, 00:14
I'm getting a weird issue with a new module I created. I am working in Savage Worlds,
When selecting modules for the library, the thumbnail image for the module shows up fine, however when I go back to the library it doesn't show the thumbnail image at all in the library entry.

I tried searching the forums but didn't find anything, and if there's an answer I found before I don't remember it.

Mgrancey
January 30th, 2014, 19:19
Here's a screen shot of it.

Griogre
January 30th, 2014, 20:09
First, I'd check to make sure you don't have two modules with the same content. I mention this because in module activation you have "South o the Border" and in the Library you have "South o' the Border" - one with a ' and one without. If you do only have one module then make sure your definition name and your library name are exactly identical. If that is true, then I would suggest you try using "South of the Border" as a name in both places and see if it makes a difference.

Mgrancey
January 30th, 2014, 21:40
Thanks that was it exactly.

Trenloe
January 30th, 2014, 21:55
Thanks that was it exactly.
Was it the apostrophe causing the problem or the different names?

Mgrancey
January 31st, 2014, 14:43
different names I added an apostrohpe to the definition file. which makes my wonder why it was even working, figured that would have created bigger glitches than just no image.

Griogre
January 31st, 2014, 23:03
Apostrophe's could be problematic in XML so it's likely it was stripped out internally in some places so you got a partial match that way.

Blacky
February 1st, 2014, 01:24
Apostrophe's could be problematic in XML so it's likely it was stripped out internally in some places so you got a partial match that way.
No reason for a false apostrophe (' and not ’) to be that problematic. If there's some confusion about the current attribute delimiter state, they just need to be escaped (as per XML definition 4.6) along with the 3 basic escapes.

Mgrancey
February 1st, 2014, 02:35
No it wasn't FG that stripped it out, generally speaking outside of NPCs, combat encounters, vehicles and other complicated objects I work directly in XML.

Griogre
February 1st, 2014, 02:55
@Blacky: I wasn't as clear as I should have been. It's not typically the XML itself, it's the translation back and forth via LUA that has caused problems in the past. However, I am not aware of anything right now that is a problem. There was a problem in the past with module names and apostrophes, which is why Trenloe asked about it.