PDA

View Full Version : T20 Traveller

jboyd4650
January 29th, 2014, 17:38
I've been messing around with a T20 rule set for awhile (not really a programmer), and just now figured I'd ask if anyone else is looking at this. I'm, also, not too sure about the legalities of doing a rule set based on T20, so any advice on that would be appreciated.

thanks,

James

Trenloe
January 29th, 2014, 17:50
I'm, also, not too sure about the legalities of doing a rule set based on T20, so any advice on that would be appreciated.
I think T20 was released as part of the OGL. Check in the rulebook, there should be an "Open Gaming License" section that will detail what is "Open Gaming Content" and what is "Product Identity". You can distribute stuff that is Open Gaming Content (as long as you include a copy of the OGL) but you cannot distribute stuff that is "Product Identity".

Usually this means that the game mechanics - classes, skills, feats, combat rules, etc. are covered under the OGL, but all story details, locations, names, etc., are product identity. Basically, this will mean that you can't include anything that specifically refers to the Traveller background, uses Traveller names, etc.. But, check the specific OGL just to be sure...

Valarian
January 29th, 2014, 18:06
There is already one done. Though it's a little dated. Check out the FG2 Rulesets folder in the sig. The file is T20.zip

jboyd4650
January 30th, 2014, 15:26
Trenloe - you were right, did a double check on my rules copy and found the OGL. Now, to figure out what I'm using and what all.

Valarian- awesome job. Guess I should have asked first. That said, I've only looked at the ruleset in FG (can't wait to look under the hood). Would you mind if I make any changes....if needed?

thanks for the replies guys,
James

Valarian
January 30th, 2014, 17:22
Definitely don't mind. I'm sure it probably has a few rough edges. If I remember, that one was the first customisation I did.