PDA

View Full Version : New Tab Icons

Nickademus
January 28th, 2014, 16:09
baseicon & decalicon...

I like the selection of image; the colors are okay... could use more though.

If we were to make more icons and give them to you (Smite Works), would you put them in FG?

Moon Wizard
January 28th, 2014, 17:53
I'm not sure. It depends on how the support for tabs/icons in the program is implemented. This is part of the program that I have not touched from the original developers.

If you want to send a couple over, I can check.

I was also thinking at some point that folders/bags would be more useful than tabs, but it's just brainstorming since that would be a fair amount of change and backward compatibility considerations.

Regards,
JPG

Nickademus
January 28th, 2014, 18:02
I like the tabs. I won't be sad to see them go, but I think they look nice as is.

Sometime in the next couple days I'll get artistic and whip up some more images. Should just be a matter of adding them to the source image folder and adding an id number in the code for them. We'll see.

Nickademus
January 28th, 2014, 20:59
Okay. Here's some images to play with.

Contains decals for fire, coins, water, and a d20 as well as bases with the colors deep red, bright orange, indigo, gray, white, forest green, and sky blue. All are named properly so you should be able to just add them to the CoreRPG.pak/graphics/tabs folder and adjust the code that cycles through the tabs.

Enjoy

cscase
January 28th, 2014, 21:05
These are fairly bland, but lacking any better ideas, here's what I've been using:

cscase
January 28th, 2014, 21:05

Moon Wizard
January 29th, 2014, 05:06
Cool, thanks for the icon pack.

I plugged it in to take a look.
* I'm going to leave out the coins icon for now, since it doesn't match the coloring of the others.
* For the tabs, the yellow, white and light blue make the icons hard to see. (and yellow is an existing tab color)

Want to take a look at fixing those up while you're at it? My graphic skills are very light, as you can tell by some of the graphics we use. ;)

JPG

Nickademus
January 29th, 2014, 09:22
I could. Though I had my doubts about the white and light blue (and yellow was always a problem). Honestly, I'd say people are better off using the gray, existing blue, and orange instead of those three. I'll try to doctor them up though. Will also try to get the coins more in line with the color scheme of the others.

Something to consider, even though the default images are hard to see on the light bases some people use their own decals that could be seen fine. The original developers had the yellow in there for a reason I assume. Might be worth keeping them just for the options.

Nickademus
January 29th, 2014, 19:48
Alright, touched up some stuff.

Here is a darker yellow base. I also darkened the white and changed the sky blue to baby blue. We'll see if that helps. Though I still say some light colors should be there for people like cscase that make their own dark decals. (I didn't name the bases as I don't know where you are going to put them in the number order.)

Also redid the coins and d20 to be more passive and fit the color scheme. Also added some more decals: sword, shield, fangs, d6, card, map, ankh, hero pose and running man.

Enjoy.

Moon Wizard
January 29th, 2014, 23:00
Awesome, let me dig in this afternoon.
JPG

Nickademus
February 4th, 2014, 00:42
Looking good...

JohnD
February 4th, 2014, 04:48
Agreed... very nice!