PDA

View Full Version : Text formatting creating rows in tables

Targas
January 27th, 2014, 19:17
Is editing a table using an xml editor the only way to create several rows into a table, or is there a formatting option within FG I missed? Creating a table just creates one big line item at the moment..

Blacky
January 27th, 2014, 19:44
Ctrl-Tab create a new row.

Nickademus
January 27th, 2014, 19:52
From the 3.0.0 patch notes:

Formatted text fields support table editing (CTRL+6 to create, CTRL+TAB to add column, CTRL+PLUS and CTRL+MINUS to adjust column span)

br0k30n3
February 8th, 2014, 15:01
OMG this is a true Gem thanks guys

Trenloe
February 8th, 2014, 15:25
Shortcut keys are documented here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/formattedtextcontrol.xcp

lantazar
March 10th, 2018, 02:13
I can't seem to use Ctrl+PLUS and MINUS on 3.5E. Any workaround for that?

damned
March 10th, 2018, 02:25
I can't seem to use Ctrl+PLUS and MINUS on 3.5E. Any workaround for that?

Welcome lantazar you need to start the table off first with ctrl+6 and then you can use ctrl+tab. You cant expand/shrink columns until you have at least two columns.

mlesnews
March 10th, 2018, 03:06
Welcome lantazar you need to start the table off first with ctrl+6 and then you can use ctrl+tab. You cant expand/shrink columns until you have at least two columns.

Yeah I don't know why this doesn't work for me, I can create multiple (3+) columns but they won't expand or shrink for me. Does it matter which column you are in? I.E. - Have to start with 1st, then 2nd, then 3rd to adjust, or can you do any? This is 5e ruleset.

damned
March 10th, 2018, 08:00
Errr - I cant get it to work either.

lantazar
March 10th, 2018, 09:08

Thanks for super fast response. It's good to be here :) I am actually trying to do table like on the Paladin's. But nothing happens when i press CTRL+PLUS or MINUS.

Nickademus
March 10th, 2018, 15:52
I had some trouble with this too. I got it to work eventually, but I don't remember what I did. I'll play around with it.

EDIT: Okay, I got it to work kinda.
First, go to the last line of the table and hit Enter to make a new table line. Then hit Ctrl+ to increase the size of the line (actually the rest of the table will appear to shrink). Make as many columns as the table should have. Then go to the lines that you wish to have text span multiple columns and try Ctrl+ there.

lantazar
March 10th, 2018, 15:58
It would be awesome if you can share how you managed to work it. I am creating a new module and having a proper basis is crucial for me.

lantazar
March 10th, 2018, 15:59
I had some trouble with this too. I got it to work eventually, but I don't remember what I did. I'll play around with it.

It would be awesome if you can share how you managed to work it. I am creating a new module and having a proper basis is crucial for me.

lantazar
March 10th, 2018, 16:31
I also tried it with a friend. He can't seem to adjust column sizes too. Do I have to focus mouse or something to a specific place?

lantazar
March 10th, 2018, 16:45
Ok, i managed to get it work now. The minus and plus buttons on the numpad doesn't work. And since my input language was Turkish the minus button located at left of the backspace wasn't working as well. Only after changing the input language to English I managed to get it working. However the minus/plus buttons on the numpad are still not working. Thanks for help :)

CarlPalmer
June 12th, 2018, 22:22
I am also having this exact same problem. I have tried almost everything and it just isn't having any of it. Any ideas?

CarlPalmer
June 12th, 2018, 22:24
Nvmind, once you post it always works

jkagie
September 2nd, 2018, 22:50
How I got it to work in a 5e story!
1) Start with creating the text of your header row.
Ex: "Persuasion Intoxication"
2) On that line hit CTRL+6 to start the table.
3) Now place your cursor in text where you want the next column to start.
Ex: in front of Intoxication for me
4) hit CTRL+Tab now to create a new column
4)a) You can also create the column at the end of the table row
5) Once you have your 1st row set with the number of columns that you want, place your cursor at the end of the row and then hit return to create a new row.
Note: the new row will only have 1 column so then just hit CTRL+TAB to add columns
Ex: In my case I now have a 2x2 table.
The CTRL+PLUS and CTRL+MINUS are column width adjusters and are best used once you have a table set up. (Note: as told above, the numpad plus and minus won't work)

Good Luck!

EsheMoonsorrow
September 9th, 2018, 18:39
Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!

Nylanfs
September 10th, 2018, 12:40
Welcome to the forums and FG Community Eshe!

bchaddock
October 24th, 2018, 03:50
Okay, I feel kinda dumb here but how do you break out of table entry and return to regular text.

bchaddock
October 24th, 2018, 03:54
Nevermind I got it. should probably sleep soon.

Nylanfs
October 24th, 2018, 17:26
Sleep is for the weak, don't give in, make your Con save!

bchaddock
October 24th, 2018, 20:41
Up for 53 hours straight. Stage 2 exhaustion penalty. Sleep restores

Samarex
May 7th, 2019, 01:45
Shortcut keys are documented here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/formattedtextcontrol.xcp
There is 1 shortcut key missing in this list for tables.
CTRL+6 Creates the Table
CTRL+Tab Adds a New ROW
CTRL+SHIFT+TAB Adds a new COL missing

So for example if you put
Roll Result
Then highlight it and CTRL+6 it will make the ROW
Now place your curser after Roll and hit CTRL+SHIFT+TAB and this will split your text out to 2 COLs in the table.

samPi
June 14th, 2019, 15:53
Seems I'm a bid late but I figured it out. CTL+Plus shrinks the column to the left of the selected column.

gajet480
August 12th, 2020, 04:29
Okay. I imported an Excel table in to Tables. Is there a way to center all the data that was imported? Also, can I adjust the width of the column after the data has been imported?

damned
August 12th, 2020, 04:44
No, Yes - use ctrl +

gajet480
August 13th, 2020, 02:05
I tried using the cntrl + and - but maybe I am doing it wrong because the column widths do not change.

Zacchaeus
August 13th, 2020, 02:30
Use the plus and minus on the key pad.

gajet480
August 13th, 2020, 03:07
Use the plus and minus on the key pad.
I did try this as well as the normal keyboard + and -
Is there anyplace special i need to have the cursor? So far no luck but I appreciate your help.

LordEntrails
August 13th, 2020, 06:58
Cursor just needs to be in the cell.

Are you using any extensions? What ruleset? What version of FG?

Zacchaeus
August 13th, 2020, 10:56
I did try this as well as the normal keyboard + and -
Is there anyplace special i need to have the cursor? So far no luck but I appreciate your help.

As long as the cursor is in the cell you want to expand or contract. I just tested and it is working. Maybe try playing with the numlock key? Although my test shows it works whether that's on or off. Also I'm on a UK keyboard - but I don't know if that makes a difference or not.