PDA

View Full Version : Combat Tracker Issue

Kona
January 27th, 2014, 07:05
Hello all our group has not played in about 6 weeks but since that time an issue has arisen. No longer can we see when a roll hits or misses in the combat tracker ( nor in the chat box) also the damage seem to properly allocate on the tracker page when after it is rolled. All we can see is the roll number and an indicator of a critical hit or fumble? we have to manually make changes to the tracker ourselves and check the tables for a hit or a miss.

Anyone else have this issue or are we missing something simple? Quite baffled at this point.

Using version 3.02

Thanks for any help in advance.

damned
January 27th, 2014, 11:17
how are you doing the attacks?
i havent run a session in 3.02 yet - will be next weekend - only used 3.01 so far.
targeting is now working and you can still drop attacks on top of token or combat tracker entry...

Kona
January 27th, 2014, 17:06
We tried doing the attacks by dropping on the combat tracker and on the map figure both... the result is we see the attack, who it is against and the roll but no indication of a hit or miss and when we allocate damage it does not auto update the tracker.....

let me know how you make out? Things worked fine in 3.01 not sure what happened.

Andraax
January 27th, 2014, 17:45
Ran a game in 3.0.2 yesterday. My players are a mix of those who use targeting, and those who use drag and drop. Both worked fine, for both "to hit" and "damage" rolls.

Kona
January 27th, 2014, 18:15
damn we must be doing something wrong. You were even getting the proper indicates of hit and and miss in the chat box?

Moon Wizard
January 27th, 2014, 18:32
Do you have your forum login in the updater to make sure that you get the latest version of the C&C ruleset?

Regards,
JPG

Andraax
January 27th, 2014, 18:38
damn we must be doing something wrong. You were even getting the proper indicates of hit and and miss in the chat box?

Yup, everything worked correctly (and has for a few months). Make sure you have deleted any old .pak files (or a "Castles and Crusades" directory in the ruleset directory) and that you have the latest ruleset. If the PHB you see has the 5th edition cover, you should have the latest. Oh yeah, make sure you delete any 4th edition PHB as well.

Kona
January 27th, 2014, 18:53
Yup, everything worked correctly (and has for a few months). Make sure you have deleted any old .pak files (or a "Castles and Crusades" directory in the ruleset directory) and that you have the latest ruleset. If the PHB you see has the 5th edition cover, you should have the latest. Oh yeah, make sure you delete any 4th edition PHB as well.

Thanks I will try and check for those files. Odd thing was 3.01 was fine for us as well just last night was fubar when we updated 3.0.2.

Thanks for your time.

Trenloe
January 27th, 2014, 18:53
To check which version you have, when you start your C&C campaign it will put the version info into the chat window. The current ruleset will report:

Castles and Crusades ruleset v3.0.2 for Fantasy Grounds.
Copyright 2013 Smiteworks USA, LLC.
Castles and Crusades is Copyright of Troll Lord Games.

Kona
January 27th, 2014, 19:10
Do you have your forum login in the updater to make sure that you get the latest version of the C&C ruleset?

Regards,
JPG

Hmm I don't know. I will check that out.

On my start up screen it did say 3.0.2 on the upper right. I will double check in the chat window/update when I log in when I get home.

Thanks for the support all.

damned
January 28th, 2014, 01:43
hi Kona i just tested all three methods with 3.02 and all worked - except...

JPG - when targetting how am i supposed to attack? single click on attack does not register while a double click rolls twice and in case of damage inflicts it twice...

Andraax
January 28th, 2014, 01:55
JPG - when targetting how am i supposed to attack? single click on attack does not register while a double click rolls twice and in case of damage inflicts it twice...

Are you sure you don't have more than one target? Every time I've seen this happen, it was because there was more than one target (you can tell because it lists the targets on the attack roll in the chat window). Sometimes you accidentally target yourself...

Kona
January 28th, 2014, 06:26
To check which version you have, when you start your C&C campaign it will put the version info into the chat window. The current ruleset will report:

This seems to have worked I had to reset my password. Looks the the CT drag and drop rolls now work properly But we cant seem to get the tokens drag and drop to work though. Have they changed the targeting system. It seems the colors no longer circle the targets like they used to. Maybe I am missing something.

Anyway thanks for the help so far guys.

Moon Wizard
January 28th, 2014, 06:42
Yes, it's different. Still working on compatibility updates, so haven't got doc updates yet. A quick summary of targeting is near the beginning of the v3.0 release thread in City Hall forum. Answering post via phone now, or I would link or retype.

Try Ctrl+Click. Selected token (black ring) is given target, or active token (if no tokens selected).

Cheers,
JPG

damned
January 28th, 2014, 07:45
JPG - yes I think that was the issue...

Trenloe
January 28th, 2014, 09:44
This seems to have worked I had to reset my password. Looks the the CT drag and drop rolls now work properly But we cant seem to get the tokens drag and drop to work though. Have they changed the targeting system. It seems the colors no longer circle the targets like they used to. Maybe I am missing something.
As M_W mentions targeting has changed significantly in FG 3.0. The post he was referring to is this: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20044-Release-v3-0&p=163288&viewfull=1#post163288

Kona
January 28th, 2014, 16:33
Aha perfect, problems solved. Thank you both

Cheers