PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Grounds forum email notifications not working?

Trenloe
January 27th, 2014, 02:21
Is there anyone else who is not getting email notifications at the moment? That is, emails when threads they've subscribed to have new posts. I haven't had any for 2-3 days now.

psicodelix
January 27th, 2014, 06:35
I had the same problem some time ago. The cause was that emails were going to spam tray, check it out.

Blacky
January 27th, 2014, 09:04
No issue, I got them these past days.

damned
January 27th, 2014, 11:15
i sometimes get them days late or I go thru patches where they dont come in...

Trenloe
January 27th, 2014, 12:19
Nothing in my junk email folder.

lachancery said yesterday he hadn't received emails notifications recently, so perhaps it is something up with a limited user base.

Any one else not getting email notifications?

wbcreighton
January 28th, 2014, 00:26
Just checked my subscriptions list and didn't get any notifications for any of the threads in the last couple of days. Not in Spam folder.

ddavison
January 28th, 2014, 01:20
If you aren't getting them, can you post your email host? I use gmail and it came through, but I know that in the past we've found our servers on blacklists held at specific hosts, such at hotmail.

damned
January 28th, 2014, 01:35
i got some today.
if gmail is getting them most people should be getting them...

Trenloe
January 28th, 2014, 09:21
If you aren't getting them, can you post your email host? I use gmail and it came through, but I know that in the past we've found our servers on blacklists held at specific hosts, such at hotmail.
Mine's hotmail.com

Blacky
January 28th, 2014, 10:25
I use gmail and it came through, but I know that in the past we've found our servers on blacklists held at specific hosts, such at hotmail.
Hotmail has always has been the bane and scourge of the admin world. Akin to a mysterious black hole, or Bermuda Triangle. I don't know one server admin who hasn't had serious issues with them.

damned
January 28th, 2014, 10:57
who still uses hotmail? bloody poms.

Nickademus
January 28th, 2014, 14:13
Mine's hotmail.com

You, sir, just lost your Demi-god status...

Trenloe
January 28th, 2014, 14:45
You, sir, just lost your Demi-god status...
Doesn't matter - I'm still a "bloody pom". :D

Nickademus
January 28th, 2014, 16:00
Doesn't matter - I'm still a "bloody pom". :D

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Trenloe again.

Seems the forum doesn't like bloody poms.

Trenloe
January 28th, 2014, 16:02
Seems the forum doesn't like bloody poms.
It's only jealousy...

wbcreighton
January 28th, 2014, 20:52
I use Hotmail as well. :cry: and I don't even know what a 'bloody pom' is :confused: i suppose I could use my gmail account

Heilemann
February 2nd, 2014, 15:56
I'm on Gmail, and I'm not getting them.

ddavison
February 2nd, 2014, 18:19
I started to type this, which is still probably useful but then I found out that emails are originating from u17043136.onlinehome-server.com instead of showing up as coming from our domain. Please look at the following instructions and also add onlinehome-server.com as well.

We are not receiving any bounceback messages and I continue to receive them from gmail. Can you check your Settings | Filters to see if there is anything in there which may be catching them? You may also try adding us to your whitelist. You will want to add both smiteworks.com and fantasygrounds.com to your whitelist.

I checked the blacklist search for our domains and we don't show up as being on any major blacklists at this time.

Instructions for whitelisting a domain on Gmail:
https://email.about.com/od/gmailtips/qt/et_whitelist.htm

How to whitelist in Hotmail, Live, Windows Live, MSN:
https://womeninbusiness.about.com/od/email-questions/f/How-Do-I-Whitelist-Email-Sender-Or-Domain-In-Hotmail-Live-Windows-Live-Msn.htm

ddavison
February 2nd, 2014, 18:44
I just changed the email to not use the default email setting and to instead use our smiteworks.com SMTP settings. You should now see emails originating from [email protected]. If someone can confirm when (and if) they receive one, that would be helpful. Thanks.

damned
February 2nd, 2014, 22:11
im getting emails - but not always.
in my spam filter i have definitely seen onlinehome-server.com though... :)

wbcreighton
February 4th, 2014, 19:53
Finally got an email notification to my gmail account today :)

Heilemann
February 4th, 2014, 21:53
Still nothing; nor in spam.

Edit: Belay that; my email address was set to a defunct one. *blush*

Moon Wizard
February 5th, 2014, 00:54
Great news. Doug was working to make sure we aren't on any blacklists as well, just to make sure.

Regards,
JPG

Heilemann
February 5th, 2014, 02:47
Well; I should note that I still haven't received any notifications after changing my address. I'll keep you updated.