PDA

View Full Version : Alternative Wood and Dungeon Themes

Griogre
January 26th, 2014, 20:36
Now that we have a CoreRPG forum, I've attached below four alternative versions of the Dungeon and Wood themes. The Wood alternative themes change the tokens to circles from squares and size the tokens to either 32 or 50 pixels. The Dungeon theme changes the tokens from circles to squares and resizes the tokens to 32 or 50 pixels. The alternative themes *should* work in rulesets using the CoreRPG ruleset as a base but currently they are only set to appear with CoreRPG, 5E, 4E, 3.5 and Pathfinder.

Edit: 8/14/15 Updated Wood and Dungeon Themes and added WIP Toadstone. Fixed tab glitch in Wood Themes and made all themes useable in Castle and Crusades and Call of Cthulu rulesets.

Griogre
January 26th, 2014, 20:41
Hmm, not sure why the Wood 50 pixel didn't go up. Take two.

Edit: New version in first post.

Fallenpaladin
January 28th, 2014, 07:39
i am going to try them now then i will leave feedback :) thank you.

Fallenpaladin
January 28th, 2014, 07:42
i have tried all of them but did not see any difference between original one and yours.
Thanks again for sharing with us.

Griogre
January 28th, 2014, 08:40
The differences are small, the original wood theme has square character portraits in the top left and 50 pixel tokens. The alternative themes use ring tokens of 50 pixels or 32 pixels. So the changes are on the main tab of the character sheet, top left of the FG desktop when a character is logged in and when a token is dropped from the combat tracker onto a map. The dungeon theme changes are similar. The original one has round tokens and portraits and the alternate ones have square ones. The original dungeon tokens are 30 pixels and the themes are 32 or 50.

If you use auto scaling you probably would not see much difference other than the change from square to round portraits and tokens and vice versa. I had to turn off autoscaling so the actual token size is important to me.

Edit: Basically, the alternatives and originals give a choice of round or square tokens and portaits.

Griogre
November 30th, 2014, 19:48
Uploaded new versions compatible with D&D 5E and changed the file names and version numbers. There are no other changes. Let me know if you have any problems.

AstaSyneri
January 9th, 2015, 11:21
Loosely related question: I am currently building a theme for the SW All for One (Musketeer RPG) setting and Ikael pointed out that I should rather base it on the CoreRPG base. Where do I start from - is there a generic extension for me to copy and modify?

I have been scouring the Wiki and the forum, but up to now I haven't been able to score any really meaningful hits :{.

dulux-oz
January 9th, 2015, 12:16
If you're just a after a template grab one of my Extensions (the Weather Extensions the simplest/smallest) and use it, or grab the Existing Wood Theam Extension and use that - both are CoreRPG based.

Cheers

AstaSyneri
January 9th, 2015, 12:29
If you're just a after a template grab one of my Extensions (the Weather Extensions the simplest/smallest) and use it, or grab the Existing Wood Theam Extension and use that - both are CoreRPG based.

Cheers

I can do that, thanks for the quick answer - but shouldn't I be able to extract the same sets from the CoreRPG files (not at my home PC atm)?

dulux-oz
January 9th, 2015, 12:36
I can do that, thanks for the quick answer - but shouldn't I be able to extract the same sets from the CoreRPG files (not at my home PC atm)?

If I understand the question correctly, the answer is: No - the whole idea of an extension is that it modifies/replaces existing files in the parent ruleset and adds new ones (most of the Weather extension, for example is new stuff). What you need for a theme extension is the basics of how to do an extension (I'm assuming you've got this), plus the new graphics, plus the entries in various files to tell FG to use the new graphics instead of the old ones - which is why I also said grab the existing Wood Theme (for eg) and simple modify it.

Or have I missed the point? :)

AstaSyneri
January 9th, 2015, 14:00
Or have I missed the point? :)

Now, I believe you got the point. ;-). And at this point I am only interested in doing a theme, so basically taking the Wood Theme and replacing the graphics should do the trick, yes.

dulux-oz
January 9th, 2015, 14:45
Now, I believe you got the point. ;-). And at this point I am only interested in doing a theme, so basically taking the Wood Theme and replacing the graphics should do the trick, yes.

Yes

Trenloe
January 9th, 2015, 20:33
Loosely related question: I am currently building a theme for the SW All for One (Musketeer RPG) setting and Ikael pointed out that I should rather base it on the CoreRPG base. Where do I start from - is there a generic extension for me to copy and modify?
Theme_Wood.ext and Theme_Dungeon.ext come with FG. If you need to add another CoreRPG ruleset to the allowed list edit extension.xml and add a <ruleset> tag - plenty of examples in there.

damned
January 9th, 2015, 22:26
Some more theme examples here:
https://www.fg-con.com/free-downloads/

AstaSyneri
January 10th, 2015, 01:46
Looked through a few of the themes - where are the radial buttons? They still exist, right?

Also is there anything Savage Worlds specific in terms of graphics?

Trenloe
January 10th, 2015, 01:54
Looked through a few of the themes - where are the radial buttons? They still exist, right?
The thing to remember about extensions is that they run on top of the ruleset, overwriting the base ruleset graphics/code. Anything that is not overwritten by the extension is loaded from the base/layered ruleset/s. So, in the case of radial buttons, if there aren't any thematic radial button graphics in the extension then the ones from ruleset the extension is running on top of will be loaded.

Trenloe
January 10th, 2015, 01:59
Also is there anything Savage Worlds specific in terms of graphics?
Look at the graphics in the new Savage Worlds ruleset (SavageWorlds.pak available through the test mode slot in the settings window - look in the \graphics directory within the ruleset) - this ruleset is now layered on top of the CoreRPG ruleset, so any graphics in the SW ruleset will be specific to that ruleset/graphical theme, with the SW ruleset inheriting graphics from the CoreRPG ruleset if there are no SW specific graphics.

damned
January 10th, 2015, 02:20
extensions extend the underlying code/graphics etc.
your extension will target only what you aim it at and leave everything else alone.
the examples on the https://www.fg-con.com website are good to see how you put it together - these typically only replace background, hotkeys, campain tool icons and chat window.
go back to your ruleset and look at what else you want to change and look for the files that reference these.

extension.xml links to the files that link to the graphics.

AstaSyneri
January 12th, 2015, 10:24
Thanks for the pointers, that really helps!

Feeling my way around it, I am quite pleased with my sidebar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?22867-Building-a-Ruleset-basic-questions&p=196502&viewfull=1#post196502) and radial buttons. Chatbox is still giving me a bit of a headache (as it doesn't work like I want it, too - well, it works but it looks crappy ;-)).

I don't want to commit to version 4.0 (saving and then reinstalling my campaign) until after our next session next Saturday.

damned
January 12th, 2015, 10:57
Perhaps this might help with the chatwindow.
Ive drawn some cut lines on the image so you can see how the below measurements work out.
If using something fancy its easiest if your graphic is as wide as your chat window code definition.
You can make the top and bottom rows/rectangles however tall you want but the middle rectangle will tile to allow the chat window to stretch on longer screens so the middle rectangle should be consistent - you can see below that the middle rectangle has no gradient or patterns etc - it will tile.

And yes - it is a gaudy Chat Window - its meant to be!
The text entry field is on the gold stripe just above the tassels.

Hope that helps...

<!-- Chat window -->
<framedef name="chatbox">
<bitmap file="graphics/frames/beasts-chat4.png" />
<topleft rect="0,0,44,150" />
<top rect="44,0,362,150" />
<topright rect="406,0,44,150" />
<left rect="0,150,44,292" />
<middle rect="44,150,362,292" />
<right rect="406,150,44,292" />
<bottomleft rect="0,440,44,190" />
<bottom rect="44,440,362,190" />
<bottomright rect="406,440,44,190" />
</framedef>

https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/beasts-chat-lines.jpg

Griogre
July 16th, 2015, 20:56
Updated Wood and Dungeon themes to work with the decal option by removing the fixed decal on the FG desktop. If you want to add the Smiteworks Wyvern back, go to Options -> Desktop: Decal Image and change the setting from "Off" to "Smiteworks". This makes the themes compatible with the new 5E and other custom decals.

The first post has been updated to have the latest versions of the themes 3.10.00 for Wood and 4.10.00 for Dungeon.

dulux-oz
July 17th, 2015, 05:17
@Griogre: Sent you a PM

Griogre
July 17th, 2015, 17:56
Theme's updated to be Dulux-Oz "friendly". :D First post updated with new versions.

dulux-oz
July 18th, 2015, 01:27
Theme's updated to be Dulux-Oz "friendly". :D First post updated with new versions.

I'm already friendly!

Thanks Griogre - that'll make your Extensions and mine "play nice" together. :)

Blackfoot
August 11th, 2015, 13:22
There's still an issue with the Tabs in the Wood extension. They don't overlap/line up properly when clicked.

Griogre
August 13th, 2015, 00:49
That problem has been around so long, I considered it a feature. :p I see Moon Wizard fixed it in the base theme, so I'll take a look at it when I get some time.

dulux-oz
August 13th, 2015, 02:04
FWIW it should only require a tweaking of the Resource Definition for the Tab Image - I'm basing this on the work I did for my Locations Extension where I needed an 8th Tab and the "standard" image only came with 7.

Of course, I could be completely wrong as well :p

Cheers

Griogre
August 13th, 2015, 21:06
There's still an issue with the Tabs in the Wood extension. They don't overlap/line up properly when clicked.

Blackfoot which ruleset did that happen in? I've made a fix but I wanted to check it. And I'm not sure I like my fix...

Blackfoot
August 13th, 2015, 21:06
I was looking at it in PFRPG.. but I'm sure it's the same in 3.5

Griogre
August 14th, 2015, 20:49
Updated Wood themes to fix tab problem. It was graphic not a framedef. :p Also made all themes work with C&C and CoC. Added a Toadstone theme which is just a desktop replacement WIP I was playing around with.

Blackfoot
August 14th, 2015, 22:39
Nice.

Szabtom
September 12th, 2015, 09:20
Thanks, Griogre. The dungeon theme will fit nicely with a D&D 5e horror campaign idea I have been considering for a while.

LordEntrails
July 28th, 2018, 04:24
For people looking at these themes, here are screen shots of the wood and dungeon themes (50 pixels).

dulux-oz
July 28th, 2018, 13:27
For people looking at these themes, here are screen shots of the wood and dungeon themes (50 pixels).

Way to Frankenstein a zombie thread :p

LordEntrails
July 28th, 2018, 17:19
Way to Frankenstein a zombie thread :p
Thanks :) But the themes still work (at least so far in my testing) and the next person won't have to download them to see if they might like them :p

Erin Righ
July 28th, 2018, 21:05
And besides the title of Chief Necromancer goes to an Aussie, Damned.

You can be Deputy Chief Necromancer

LordEntrails
July 29th, 2018, 00:23
And besides the title of Chief Necromancer goes to an Aussie, Damned.

You can be Deputy Chief Necromancer
Doug, can I get this added to my title please?