PDA

View Full Version : TADAAAAA!!! Brand New 3.x Tutorial Videos

dulux-oz
January 25th, 2014, 09:46
Hi Gang,

With the new 3.0.2 version of our beloved Fantasy Grounds being released today, I'd thought I'd let everyone know that I've done a completely new Series of Tutorial Videos and have started posting them up on my YouTube Channel (see my sig below for the link). The first three are up, and the rest will be going up just as soon as I can produce them.

For those of you who watched the previous series, I've managed to "recover" a lot of the previous material and incorporated it into the new series, but there were enough significant changes to version 3.0.2 and with the new Cascading Ruleset Model FG is using from now on, it was well and truly worth it to do a brand new series.

The old videos which I have not yet gotten around to re-producing yet are still available IN THE PLAYLIST, but I will be removing them as I re-produce each one.

I've left the original Introduction Video in place (not in the Playlist) so that the YouTube search engine can still find things, but I've put a great big notice on it directing viewers to the new series.

The Videos are also available from my website in full HD as Zip files - go easy on the downloading because my upload link is not that fast :o

So, based on the feedback I received from the old series, I encourage everyone to watch this new series and to get their friends and fellow players to watch as well!

And of course, any feedback is more than appreciated.

Enjoy :D

EDIT

I've finally gotten around to getting the Torrent Files sorted - please seed for as long as you can because my connection is a bit "off" lately :)

Cheers

Moon Wizard
January 25th, 2014, 09:55
You are the man. That is awesome.

Thanks,
JPG

Blacky
January 25th, 2014, 11:18
Vastly needed, great!

Nickademus
January 25th, 2014, 18:21
Took you long enough. It's been like, what, 20 hours since 3.0.2 has been out. :P

Just kidding. I'm glad to see you took this route. I kind of figured you would. When I start running demos, I'll be using this series for new people.

JohnD
January 26th, 2014, 00:14
Great work!

dulux-oz
February 5th, 2014, 08:27
Hi All,

Just a quick note to let you all know that the 4th of my New (v3.0.2) Tutorials Videos is up (or at least, will be in a few minutes or so) on my YouTube Channel (link in my Sig) - sorry it took me a while, but life keeps on interfering. :p

Enjoy!

dulux-oz
February 6th, 2014, 14:29
Hi All,

Just a quick note to let you all know that the 5th of my New (v3.0.2) Tutorials Videos is up (or at least, will be in a few minutes or so) on my YouTube Channel (link in my Sig).

Enjoy!

Wintermute
February 6th, 2014, 14:48
Thanks. Cant wait to watch them all.

lokiare
February 7th, 2014, 01:31
Can you do a video tutorial on how to get started making an extension for 3.0? That would be awesome!

dulux-oz
February 7th, 2014, 01:56
lokiare1 => It's on the list, along with creating the details of a campaign, creating characters, creating a ruleset, and a whole bunch of other things as well - its just gonna take me a while to get them all done :)

Cheers

dulux-oz
February 16th, 2014, 14:09
Hi All,

Just a quick note to let you all know that the 6th of my New (v3.0.2) Tutorials Videos is up (or at least, will be in a few minutes or so) on my YouTube Channel (link in my Sig).

Enjoy!

Bidmaron
February 20th, 2014, 16:19
Thanks DO!

dulux-oz
March 1st, 2014, 16:01
Hi All,

Just a quick note to let you all know that the 7th of my New (v3.0.2) Tutorials Videos should be up by 16:30 GMT today (Saturday the 1st of March, 2013) on my YouTube Channel (link in my Sig).

And you were very lucky to get it - Dragonfall, the new expansion for Shadowrun Returns was released this week, and it took a WHOLE lot of willpower (DC 30+ Will Save) for me to get the Video done instead of playing my new game - Luuuvvvvv that Shadowrun!

Anyway, Enjoy!

Bidmaron
March 1st, 2014, 20:33
Great video, Dulux! Great job again.

dulux-oz
March 8th, 2014, 11:12
Hi All,

Just a quick note to let you all know that the 8th of my New (v3.0.2) Tutorials Videos is up (well, based on past experience and what the YouTube Website is telling me: it will be up by approx. 14:00 UTC, today) on my YouTube Channel (link in my Sig).

Edit: Note that the this is Video 01-A-06, the eighth Video of the current Series that I've produced.

As always, feedback is appreciated ;)

Enjoy!

Bidmaron
March 8th, 2014, 17:06
As of this post, there is no A-08. However, I did note that you had done B-01 and B-02, and I watched those. Well done. A couple of recommendations:
1) On A-06, you talk about a lot of targeting options, but you don't show on the video how they will appear when you use those options. Recommend you show the screen appearance as you discuss each option.
2) On the first post, recommend you keep a running status of each video. That way, if we miss an update, we can go here any time to see if you've updated a particular video.

Bidmaron
March 8th, 2014, 17:10
JPG, these videos should be on the downloads page. They are the best intro videos yet, in my opinion, and they are the most up-to-date.

dulux-oz
March 8th, 2014, 23:45
As of this post, there is no A-08.

That's because I haven't done 01-A-08 yet (nor 01-A-07) - I said that the 8th of my Videos was up, not that Player Video 8 was up: 01-A-01 to 01-A-06 & 01-B-01 to 01-B-02 make 8 videos. The video that went up yesterday was 01-A-06. :)

1) On A-06, you talk about a lot of targeting options, but you don't show on the video how they will appear when you use those options. Recommend you show the screen appearance as you discuss each option.

Patience, patience - we'll cover all that (again) when we look at the Combat Tracker and the corresponding "B" videos as well.

2) On the first post, recommend you keep a running status of each video. That way, if we miss an update, we can go here any time to see if you've updated a particular video.

I think I know what you're getting at, but I'm not sure how useful it wold be (now). There is only one more of the v2.9.x videos to replace (A-07 - which will probably be the new 01-A-08) and I won't be updating any individual Videos for a long, long time (probably not until FG 4, and maybe not even then, depending upon the extent of the differences). Oh yes, I'll be doing one or more "update videos", but they'll be more like an appendix to the current series or like what Encyclopaedia Britannica does with their "Year Book" updates. I almost took that approach this time in providing "update videos" to supplement the v2.9.x videos, but, as I said/implied in Video 01-A-01, the differences were so significant from FG2.9 to FG3.0 that the amount of work to do one or more "update videos" made it worthwhile to completely re-do the lot - hence the new structure and the new naming convention.

As far as keeping up-to-date and/or missing a video, you could always subscribe to the YouTube Channel. :o

Anyway, glad you like them.

Cheers

sir fuzzbotham
March 17th, 2014, 05:14
These videos are great! I just discovered this site and am excited to join the community and jump in and play. But, I am also anxious that I won't know all the mechanics of the system. Well, Dulux Oz's videos have really helped. I have gone through the first six and learned a LOT! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

dulux-oz
March 17th, 2014, 16:44
These videos are great!... ...Dulux Oz's videos have really helped. I have gone through the first six and learned a LOT! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Wow! Thanks! You managed to turn a "down" day into an "up" day for me with your post.

I'm glad you liked them and that you found them useful - that was the aim, of course, but it's nice to know that they are (and hence I am) appreciated (yes, I'm a sucker for flattery - a bit like a Purple Dragon, I suppose) :)

As a general couple of points: you might like to subscribe to the YouTube Channel to make sure you don't miss any new ones I post. You may also like to give people "reputation" on this forum/board - not just me (not even me), but anyone you think deserves a "well done" or a "this person is worth paying attention to because..." - you can do this by clicking on the six-pointed star to the right of the "Blog this Post" link at the bottom-left of each person's post.

Anyway, welcome to the FG Community; we're a friendly bunch who are always willing to answer any questions asked - so don't be afraid to ask, because the only dumb questions are the ones that are never asked. Keep an eye out for posts by Zeus, Trenloe, damned, Nickademus, JohnD and Blacky: they always have something... "interesting" to say. And, of course, the esteemed owners and programmers at SmiteWorks, Moon-Wizard and ddavidson!

See ya round

Moon Wizard
March 17th, 2014, 20:11
And your channel is linked on the wiki too!

Cheers,
JPG

dulux-oz
April 13th, 2014, 05:27
Hi All,

Just a quick note to let you all know that the 9th of my New (now v3.0.3) Tutorials Videos is up on my YouTube Channel (link in my Sig).

Note that the this is Video 01-A-07, the ninth Video of the current Series that I've produced.

Also note that the OLD Video A-07 (that's the v2.9.4 one) is still up as well - this will become Video 01-A-08 just as soon as I can get it (re-)done. Video 01-A-07 and A-07 cover different topics, so try not to get too confused, OK? :p

As always, feedback is appreciated ;)

Enjoy!

Bidmaron
April 13th, 2014, 14:57
Another well-done video, Dulux. I have only one recommendation. Where you state that the free version doesn't have Manage Characters, it may be good to tell them briefly how to create a character with the free version. (i.e. start a game with the GM and create a character in-game). I still recommend you list all your videos in the first post (with links to the YouTube video), as well as those you are planning to release so we can see where you are going (and harass you to get hot!).

These are, in my opinion, still the best there are, better even than the now long-in-the-tooth Xorn videos that were such a hit in their day.

dulux-oz
April 13th, 2014, 15:21
Another well-done video, Dulux.

Thankyou. :o

It may be good to tell them briefly how to create a character with the free version. (i.e. start a game with the GM and create a character in-game).

I'll keep this in mind for later on in the series.

These are, in my opinion, still the best there are, better even than the now long-in-the-tooth Xorn videos that were such a hit in their day.

Oh, I don't know, the Xorn Videos are still very good, even if they are "long-in-the-tooth", as you say. :cool:

Cheers

Moon Wizard
April 14th, 2014, 22:35
Added to wiki tutorials page.

JPG

dulux-oz
April 25th, 2014, 17:44
Hi All,

Just a quick note to let you all know that the 10th of my New (now v3.0.3) Tutorials Videos is up on my YouTube Channel (link in my Sig) - or, at least, it will be as soon as the YouTube site finishes "processing" - estimated ETA = 23:55 GMT, 25th of April. :rolleyes:

Edit: Video now up and working :)

Note that the this is Video 01-A-08, the tenth Video of the current Series that I've produced, and the final replacement for the old 2.9.x Videos, which have now all been removed.

This also means that production will slow down some, as I am no-longer saving time by "recovering" old Scripts and Audio from the old Series - bare with me (or should that be bear with me - yes, I'm looking at you, Druids!)

Also note that, at least for now, the YouTube site is "playing up" and not letting me update the Playlist - again, bare with me and I'll get it fixed ASAP. - Edit: Playlist now up-to-date :)

Anyway, as always, feedback is appreciated.

Enjoy!

dulux-oz
May 17th, 2014, 05:45
Hi All,

Just a quick note to let you all know that the 11th of my New Tutorials Videos is up on my YouTube Channel (link in my Sig) - or, at least, it will be as soon as the YouTube site finishes "processing" - estimated ETA = 08:00 UTC, 17th of May.

Edit: It's up! Didn't take half as long to load as they usually do - oh well, it's up on Steam as well (@ 5:24 UTC) :)

Note that the this is Video 01-A-09, the eleventh Video of the current Series that I've produced, and the final Video of Section A (baring Update Videos).

For those of you who haven't noticed, I've also loaded these Videos onto the Steam Community Site - this one will be going up as well as soon as YouTube has finished with it.

Anyway, as always, feedback is appreciated. ;)

Enjoy!

Mask_of_winter
May 17th, 2014, 05:48
Thanks for your hard work! I've watched a couple and they really go in depth. This will help a lot of new members!

dulux-oz
May 17th, 2014, 05:57
Hi Mask,

Glad you like them - feel free to "reward" me by giving me Reputation (if you think I deserve it) - for those who don't know how, just Click on the 6-Pointed Star at the bottom-left of a Post - and, please, leave a Reputation Comment as well.

"This Shameless Plug (TM) was brought to you by Dulux-Oz's Shameless Plugs, a division of Dulux-Oz Enterprises (TM)" :p

Cheers

ballan4
May 17th, 2014, 06:31
Hey Dulux Oz, I've watched all of your videos so far on Youtube. They definitely help and are very in depth.

Mr. Goat
May 18th, 2014, 01:47
You tutorial helped me a lots i'm looking foward for the rest you didn't covered yet, i fill in with other's tutorial but no one is as precise as you ^^

dulux-oz
July 20th, 2014, 15:13
Hi All,

Just a quick note to let you all know that the 12th of my New Tutorials Videos is up on my YouTube Channel (link in my Sig) - or, at least, it will be as soon as the YouTube site finishes "processing" - estimated ETA = 16:00 UTC, 20th of July.

Note that the this is Video 01-B-03, the twelfth Video of the current Series that I've produced, and the third Video of Section B.

For those of you who haven't noticed, I've also loaded these Videos onto the Steam Community Site - this one will be going up as well as soon as YouTube has finished with it.

Anyway, as always, feedback is appreciated. ;)

Enjoy!

dulux-oz
December 18th, 2014, 10:56
Hi Guys,

I know its been a while since my last Tutorial Video - sorry about that, but I've had some computer issues - but I've finally gotten around to getting the Torrent files sorted. I've attached the Torrent files to the first post of this thread (sorry they're in a ZIP, but the FG sites "spat the dummy" when I attempted to load them raw).

Anyway, enjoy, and please seed for as long as you can (my ongoing computer issues again :( )

Cheers

dulux-oz
August 18th, 2015, 12:10
Hi Everybody,

I just wanted to say "Thank you" to all of the people who have subscribed to the YouTube Channel - we're up to 200 Subscribers.

Yeah, I know, in the great scheme of things that means jack sh!t, but for a niche product in a niche hobby, 200 subscribers to a Community Member's Tutorial Videos isn't bad :p

There are more Vids on the way - I just keep getting sidetracked and pulled away by "life" - sorry

Cheers

Griogre
August 18th, 2015, 16:27
Life is like that, it just keeps interfering with the gaming lifestyle. ;)

Flavius
August 19th, 2015, 17:51
Can you seed for a bit? once I get them I'll leave them for seed and not take them off. ^.^

kylania
August 19th, 2015, 18:46
Can you seed for a bit? once I get them I'll leave them for seed and not take them off. ^.^

This thread was from almost a year ago. Not sure there's a need for torrents as it's all on YouTube now as seen in his sig: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-pNvUFwsrAHTtuQna02FEA/playlists?sort=dd&flow=list&view=1

dulux-oz
August 20th, 2015, 00:32
I have been seeding - although I haven't for the last week or so. I'll restart it :)

And yes, they are also available on YouTube (links in my sig, below)

Cheers

dulux-oz
April 7th, 2016, 15:40
Hello Everyone,

It's early April 2016 as I write this, and I've just uploaded a new Tutorial Video to my YouTube Channel. I'd just like to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you for your support and patience. I know its been a while since the last Video was uploaded, but I hope everyone enjoys it the new one as much as they did the old.

I do apologize for the delay - "life" hasn't been as kind to me as it could have been over the last year or so, which has had a significant impact on my ability to produce these Tutorial Videos (among other things).

I'd also like to ask for peoples' support - while I didn't start producing these Videos with the intent of making money my current situation is such that every little bit of extra cash I can generate is going to help. So if you have gotten something valuable from these Videos then please, show your support by making a Donation via Paypal or support me on Patreon - the details for both you'll find on a banner at the top of each Video near the end - it's also just plain nice to know that all your hard work and effort is appreciated - thank you!

Thanks again for all your support and patience, and please do support me in making more Tutorial Videos.

May all your rolls be crits,

jajen2003
April 7th, 2016, 16:01
Nicely done! :D Thanks for creating and sharing!