PDA

View Full Version : Devil or Demon? RP question

ransolot
January 24th, 2014, 22:59
So, I'm trying to figure out what the right way to go with a campaign I'm writing right now. I'm just not sure which would do the bidding of his god? Basically the middle man between an evil god and a mortal servant. Or a babysitter if you will. Thanks all!

VenomousFiligree
January 24th, 2014, 23:18
It really depends on the setting. For mine the Demon (a Fallen Angel) would be would be doing the bidding of The Devil (one of many names for Satan (ie the 'evil God')).

ransolot
January 25th, 2014, 00:34
Well, let me explain this way- evil god (bane lets say) has a demon or devil that is the "babysitter" to make sure that a mortal servant (big bad evil guy for adventure) is following through with evil gods plans. I tend to think that it really doesn't matter but it seems that years ago I was corrected on what a devil or demon would actually do. Hope this makes sense

VenomousFiligree
January 25th, 2014, 00:45
So with your example of Bane, am I to assume that this is a D&D setting (it makes all the difference, as Demon and Devil have totally different meanings)?

Nickademus
January 25th, 2014, 01:13
Devils are lawful evil and tend to follow orders more often, warping them a little to their benefit of course.
A demon wouldn't even bother with following orders (since they are chaotic evil) unless it was really afraid of the evil god or was bound by magic. Either way, it will fight against the babysitting as much as it thinks it can get away with.

So which do you want? Both have RP potential for the GM and can add more substance to the story based on why it is the babysitter.

VenomousFiligree
January 25th, 2014, 01:15
*thinks this should have been in one of the D&D forums*

ransolot
January 25th, 2014, 01:27
Devils are lawful evil and tend to follow orders more often, warping them a little to their benefit of course.
A demon wouldn't even bother with following orders (since they are chaotic evil) unless it was really afraid of the evil god or was bound by magic. Either way, it will fight against the babysitting as much as it thinks it can get away with.

So which do you want? Both have RP potential for the GM and can add more substance to the story based on why it is the babysitter.

Cool, this is the one that really helped me. Thanks!!!