PDA

View Full Version : Release v3.0.2

Moon Wizard
January 24th, 2014, 22:41
Fantasy Grounds v3.0.2 is now available via the FG updater or via the FG installer on the Downloads page.

This is primarily a bug fix and compatibility release.

Some highlights:
* Targeting arrows only shown for your own active tokens, selected tokens or tokens under mouse pointer.
* For players, hot keys are swapped on a per-character basis.
* Many improvements made to Manager Characters mode, especially for CoreRPG.

A comprehensive list of patch notes is available here. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/patchnotes.html)

Cheers,
JPG

GMTroll
January 25th, 2014, 00:38
Wow, thats some patch. And excellent timing on the regeneration fixes for Pathfinder, my players are currently mowing down trolls in Kingmaker Pt2 - Rivers Run Red, if any of them get a chance to regenerate that is :p

Will you be fixing Fast Healing (FHEAL effect) for Pathfinder? In Pathfinder: "When a spell or ability cures hit point damage, it also removes an equal amount of nonlethal damage." At present ti is still doing it the 3.5E way of reducing nonlethal first then applying any remaining healing to HP.

dittotb
January 26th, 2014, 17:24
I do not know if this is the correct place to mention a problem but here goes. When I open the Manage Characters and use the 4e ruleset, when I roll dice on the chat window I get this error:
Script error (string "desktop/scripts/statchat_window.lua")9: attempt to index field 'rollmode' (a nil value)
I do not have any extensions loaded and I have an Ultimate license. I am using Windows 7 x64 Enterprise.

br0k30n3
February 3rd, 2014, 11:14
I do not know if this is the correct place to mention a problem but here goes. When I open the Manage Characters and use the 4e ruleset, when I roll dice on the chat window I get this error:
Script error (string "desktop/scripts/statchat_window.lua")9: attempt to index field 'rollmode' (a nil value)
I do not have any extensions loaded and I have an Ultimate license. I am using Windows 7 x64 Enterprise.

I am having the same issues as well

Script Error: [string "desktop/scripts/statchat_window.lua"]:9: attempt to index field 'rollmode' (a nil value)

Windows 7 x64 Home

Moon Wizard
February 3rd, 2014, 19:38
The ability to make rolls in Manage Characters mode is new, and a bug slipped in. It will be fixed in v3.0.3. There will be a beta release in the next week or so, if you want to keep an eye on the Laboratory forum.

Regards,
JPG

dulux-oz
February 8th, 2014, 06:15
Hi JPG,

I've just noticed that the Snap-To-Vertices of Hex-Grids is now removed - is it possible to either:

1) Put this back,
2) Expose the ability to put this back so that Ruleset Authors have that choice, or
3) Make it an Option somewhere.

Please, I need this functionality for my Übergame Ruleset.

Thanks

JohnD
February 8th, 2014, 06:18
Yeah, I hate not having this now.

dulux-oz
February 8th, 2014, 06:24
OK, I've just gone through the Patch Notes and I think that we can turn on the Snap-To-Vertices of Hex-Grids using the default.snaphex tag set to vertexandcenter - is this correct?

ie

<default.snaphex>vertexandcenter</default.snaphex>

Targas
February 8th, 2014, 07:00
Umm, tell me please how to do this as a newbie FG gamer..

dulux-oz
February 8th, 2014, 07:19
Targas => Hang tight, I'm still trying to work it out myself :p

kilma.ard.venom
February 22nd, 2014, 02:19
Hello there!

[CoreRPG+] Unidentified items transferred to characters would sometimes be identified in the process. Fixed.
They still became identified in 3.5e.

Steps:
1. Create an item in Parcels block (Party sheet).
2. Distribute it to the Party.
3. Get identify for free.
5. Profit (100 gp approx.).

Proof: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwmcdUB3bq-9Q2xaSTFRMUloNXc/edit?usp=sharing

Haven't found any posts|topics concerning this. I've taken 10. ^_^

Moon Wizard
February 22nd, 2014, 07:41
Actually, it's working as intended. The GM can always see the identified item name, whereas the player sees different names depending on the identification state.

Try logging into your campaign at Host Address = localhost with a second instance of FG, to see how it looks to the player.

Regards,
JPG

kilma.ard.venom
February 22nd, 2014, 11:24
Thank you! Should've done this instead of posting.

damned
February 22nd, 2014, 12:28
Thank you! Should've done this instead of posting.

But if you did that - we wouldnt get to say hello to someone new from the other side of the world!
Welcome :)

JohnD
March 1st, 2014, 19:37
Is there a new update? Just now I'm getting prompted to do one; didn't happen a few hours ago (being -49°C outside today has been designated as FG adventure development time).

Griogre
March 1st, 2014, 19:54
Looks like a token update, JohnD. I just ran it.

Trenloe
March 1st, 2014, 19:55
Is there a new update? Just now I'm getting prompted to do one; didn't happen a few hours ago (being -49°C outside today has been designated as FG adventure development time).
I think its the reduced graphic size update: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20303-Please-optimize-your-images-in-your-ruleset-tokens-battlemap-and-such!&p=169671&viewfull=1#post169671

JohnD
March 1st, 2014, 20:06
OK - thanks for the information guys. :)

Moon Wizard
March 1st, 2014, 21:51
Yeah, just a token update that Doug pushed.

JPG

dulux-oz
March 2nd, 2014, 14:11
Anyone miss the old rotating Tokens (as opposed to the Facing Arrow we now have)?

And can/does the Rotation/Facing Arrow have the 12-sided "Clock-Face Positioning" when using a Hex-Grid and Vertices Snap-Points (as opposed to the 6-sided "Hex-Face" we have in the CoreRPG)?

And can the old functionality be exposed to those of us who want to use it in our Rulesets - please?

Or have I just missed something really big?

Trenloe
March 2nd, 2014, 14:14
Anyone miss the old rotating Tokens (as opposed to the Facing Arrow we now have)?
Turn if off through the "Token: Facing" option.

It's the default setting (off) so "someone" has turned it on at some point! ;)

dulux-oz
March 2nd, 2014, 14:17
OK, so I missed something big - thanks Trenloe <sheepish grin>

Now, what about the "Clock-Face" Rotation JPG?

Actually, now that I think about it, can we have both: the Token Rotation AND the Facing Arrow - obviously as two separate Options - what do people think? Or am I just being greedy? :)

Targas
March 2nd, 2014, 18:01
At least for my C&C Immortal Night tokens, I can turn them around by hoovering over the token and turn the middle mouse wheel.

Nickademus
March 2nd, 2014, 19:35
It's the default setting (off) so "someone" has turned it on at some point! ;)

Priceless. :bandit: