PDA

View Full Version : Small Bug with Core (and Derived) Ruleset Images

Griogre
January 23rd, 2014, 18:52
I've noticed a small thing in FG3 campaigns when you add an image to the Images & Maps list. The image file extension is now shown in the list of images. IE in Test Core:

<image>
<category name="" mergeid="" baseicon="0" decalicon="0">
<id-00001>
<image type="image">
<bitmap>images/Dark Caverns.png</bitmap>
</image>
<name type="string">Dark Caverns.png</name>
</id-00001>
<id-00002>
<image type="image">
<bitmap>images/Deep Stair 08.png</bitmap>
</image>
<name type="string">Deep Stair 08.png</name>
</id-00002>
</category>
</image>

In an older 4E adventure module I made prior to FG3, the name attribute is stripped of the file extension:

<image>
<category name="" mergeid="" baseicon="1" decalicon="0">
<id-00002>
<features_image type="image">
<drawing>drawings/drawing_1368126013.png</drawing>
<gridsize>20</gridsize>
<gridoffset>19,0</gridoffset>
<gridsnap>on</gridsnap>
<tokens>
<idcounter>1</idcounter>
<scalelock>1.5</scalelock>
<token>
<prototype>tokens/shared/Walls/secdoorS.png</prototype>
<id>1</id>
<x>60</x>
<y>341</y>
<scale>0.75</scale>
</token>
</tokens>
</features_image>
<image type="image">
<bitmap>images/Spiderweb Keep Ruins.png</bitmap>
</image>
<name type="string">Spiderweb Keep Ruins</name>
<play_image type="image">
<drawing>drawings/drawing_1368126014.png</drawing>
<gridsize>20</gridsize>
<gridoffset>19,0</gridoffset>
<gridsnap>on</gridsnap>
<shortcuts>
<shortcut>
<x>184</x>
<y>330</y>
<class>battle</class>
<recordname>battle.id-00002</recordname>
</shortcut>
<shortcut>
<x>400</x>
<y>424</y>
<class>battle</class>
<recordname>battle.id-00001</recordname>
</shortcut>
<shortcut>
<x>471</x>
<y>182</y>
<class>battle</class>
<recordname>battle.id-00003</recordname>
</shortcut>
</shortcuts>
<tokens>
<idcounter>13</idcounter>
<scalelock>1.8</scalelock>
</tokens>
</play_image>
<toolbars type="number">1</toolbars>
</id-00002>
</category>
</image>

If first found this in the 4E Ruleset and then checked it in the Core Ruleset.

Eru the One
January 23rd, 2014, 19:50
I had the same issue Griogre reported with some additions. My pre 3.x module had baseicon & decalicon set to something else instead of the default, but when adding new images, they were put in to a new image category with the FG defaults instead of adding them to the existing category. I also noticed this behavior with Story/NPC/Encounters/Items as well.

Trenloe
January 23rd, 2014, 20:06
I had the same issue Griogre reported with some additions. My pre 3.x module had baseicon & decalicon set to something else instead of the default, but when adding new images, they were put in to a new image category with the FG defaults instead of adding them to the existing category. I also noticed this behavior with Story/NPC/Encounters/Items as well.
This is the way it worked in FG 2.9 too - entries (story, images, NPC, etc.) you add to your campaign are not added to any module tabs you have open - they are added to the default entry that is specific to the campaign, this is to keep your campaign and module entries separate.

If you want to move entries from the default into your module tabs then just drag them to the tab you want them to be located.

EDIT: I've just done a test and if I added a new entry with a module tab selected and the new entry was put in the module tab. So, I'm guessing I may not be understanding the issue you are having?

Eru the One
January 23rd, 2014, 20:29
I was talking about my campaign that I export as a module to use in other campaigns. I had no issues adding new images/etc before 3.x and exporting, but now I have to exit FG, edit the XML to move code around (or trim off the .jpg/.png), run FG and open the campaign, export the campaign.

Trenloe
January 23rd, 2014, 20:41
I was talking about my campaign that I export as a module to use in other campaigns. I had no issues adding new images/etc before 3.x and exporting, but now I have to exit FG, edit the XML to move code around (or trim off the .jpg/.png), run FG and open the campaign, export the campaign.
OK, now I'm confused as to what the issue was with the baseicon and decal icon, and the other issues you are having? Could you provide a bit more info on the exact issues you are having - like how to recreate them, and what each individual issue is? I have recently exported a module in FG 3.0 and I didn't have any issues.

Eru the One
January 23rd, 2014, 21:16
I still have a 2.9.x machine and verified this worked before, but after 3.0, if I open the campaign that I've exported many times before, add an image, this is the XML:

<image>
<category name="" mergeid="" baseicon="4" decalicon="7">
<id-00001>
<image type="image">
<bitmap>Cavern.jpg</bitmap>
<gridsize>50</gridsize>
<gridoffset>0,0</gridoffset>
<tokens>
<scalelock>1.09</scalelock>
</tokens>
</image>
<name type="string">Cavern</name>
<toolbars type="number">0</toolbars>
</id-00001>
</category>
<category name="" mergeid="" baseicon="0" decalicon="0">
<id-00002>
<image type="image">
<bitmap>images/Iron Keep_Floor 1.JPG</bitmap>
</image>
<name type="string">Iron Keep_Floor 1.JPG</name>
</id-00002>
</category>
</image>

I did not have to move the image/story/etc from the new tab to my old one in FG 2.9.x or remove the extension from the image string (Griogre's note). I did move the image to the other tab and it did work (thanks Trenloe), I just wanted to share that it had a different behavior from my 2.9.x days in case this impacts something else down the line.

Nickademus
January 23rd, 2014, 21:37
I figured the addition of the file extension was just the new way of doing things for images. Is it not supposed to be doing that?

Moon Wizard
January 24th, 2014, 01:57
I can't seem to recreate the export issue. I started up a campaign, changed the default group style/icon, exported, then added a file and exported again. They all got put in the same group with the updated group style/icon both times.

Can you reproduce regularly?

Thanks,
JPG

Eru the One
January 24th, 2014, 02:31
I think I find out what was causing my problem. When I create maps or edit them in Photoshop/etc., I will copy them directly to the image sub-directory outside of FG or without FG running. When I start FG the images will be put in a new default icon/color tab instead of the one I had already, but if I add them with FG open I did not see the problem. I'll just update my process for making images and putting them into FG.