PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Psionics Module?

Veidt
January 23rd, 2014, 01:53
Hi!

Some friends and I have been playing pathfinder in Fantasy Grounds for a while now, we love the software, it's great ;D
We're slowly adding in more and more automation as we become more familiar with the program, (we're just now starting to get into using the effects and conditions, instead of using modifiers and altering our bonuses directly on the character sheet), but one of my friends has hit a wall.

He's playing a psion, but it appears his spells are difficult to implement in the client. They don't appear in the Paizo Complete Spell module that we have (afaik). At the moment he's just been winging it as best he can, but it makes it a headache for him to work out all his stuff on the fly (especially when he wishes to use more powerpoints to amp up his power, or even overload so he can raise his manifester level). He also has no idea how he can set up his psicrystal in FG (i really have no idea about psionics, just going off what he's told me about the class and what i've seen during the campaign).

It wasn't slowing us down much initially, but we're level 8 now, so it's starting to become a bit too much to handle with the varying amounts of power levels his spells can possibly have.
I've suggested that he make different power levels for all his spells (ie, custom entries for a 1PP energy ball, 2PP energy ball, etc up to 8PP energy ball) but he doesn't want to do that, as his spell list would be MASSIVE.

So my question is this: Does anyone have any tips for setting up psionics in FG2? or can possibly point me in the direction of a psionics module/extension that can handle his class features? Also any tips regarding his psicrystal would be awesome as well ;D

Cheers!

Moon Wizard
January 23rd, 2014, 02:08
Psionics are complex in the way they can be boosted, even in face-to-face games using paper character sheets.

Currently, I'm not aware of any extensions for this capability.

The best solution I've found is the one you suggested, but limit the additions to ones they actually boost regularly.

Also, you can have them add effects for one shots boosts to damage/heal rolls.

The challenge is that the variable boost can potentially be applied to any roll or effect generated by a power.

Regards,
JPG

Veidt
January 23rd, 2014, 02:23
I see, so to see if I understand correctly:
I should be able to create an effect (called "PP Boost 2" or something) that, when applied to his character, will add +2d6 to his spell damage roll?
What would the syntax entry for that effect look like? (sorry, still fairly new when it comes to effects and conditions)

And if we then set up various tiers of boost, he can have it all in the effects panel instead of filling up his spell list?

Going to give it a go when I get home from work, cheers!

Veidt
January 23rd, 2014, 05:52
One further question, is there any way to increase the save DC's of the psion's spells via an effect? or even increase their caster level as a work around to achieve the same result?

Moon Wizard
January 23rd, 2014, 08:07
An effect with a label of "DMGS: 2d6" and a application value of "ONE" instead of "ALL" will apply the effect to the next roll only. Basically, a one shot effect.

There's no way to affect a DC without creating a new spell entry.

Regards,
JPG

Veidt
January 23rd, 2014, 08:22
Thanks again! I've got the dmg rolls worked out, the rest should be fairly easy to work around on the fly. =)