PDA

View Full Version : What do you do with your Hot Key bar?

biomage
January 21st, 2014, 11:58
I have been running games in FG for several months and continually discover new and interesting things to do with it.
I like the Hot Key bar and see a lot of potential, but I rarely use it. So, I am trying to get some ideas. What do you use if for?

Trenloe
January 21st, 2014, 12:23
Frequently used skills - like Perception. Especially those that the GM asks the players to roll in the tower - have the skill roll in a slot right below the tower and it makes dragging the skill check to the tower quick and easy.

Frequently used additional damage - such as a Rogues sneak attack. Roll damage for the rogue's weapon normally, but it it is a sneak attack roll the extra damage from the hotkey bar.

Just remember that once a roll is dragged to the hotkey bar it is no longer linked to the character sheet - so if the value on the character sheet changes you will need to delete the hotkey and drag a new one.

Nickademus
January 21st, 2014, 15:33
I use it for frequent emotes as well. Hakeem uses "/e takes a 5' step." a lot. And Belagore was famous for his "Praise Gorum!".

Moon Wizard
January 21st, 2014, 17:53
As a GM, I use it as a sort of GM screen. I put common lookup items there, such as a link to the condition descriptions or the Monster Manual creature list.

Regards,
JPG

kdietri
January 22nd, 2014, 01:20
Almost exclusively modifiers. A quick way to add all the +1's and +2's to rolls with a built in description of each one.

Yospeck
January 29th, 2014, 20:09
As a GM, I use it as a sort of GM screen. I put common lookup items there, such as a link to the condition descriptions or the Monster Manual creature list.

Regards,
JPG

Did not know you could do that.

This changes everything...