PDA

View Full Version : Rolling To-Hit and Damage from NPC Sheets

sciencephile
January 21st, 2014, 00:32
Hi, I am finally getting back to GMing a game in Pathfinder now that 3.0 is live. Unfortunately, it seems as though attacking PCs has changed so much I have no idea how to do it anymore.

It used to be putting something like "Mwk Greatsword +8 (2d6+5/19-20/x2)" into the NPC's attack box used to make it where once you dragged it, it turned into a d20 and you could drop it on the Combat Tracker or the target icon on the map.

Now, it seems it is no longer able to be dragged and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to actually attack a PC with a NPC/monster.

Has the procedure changed? If so, how do we do it now?

Thanks.

Moon Wizard
January 21st, 2014, 00:45
I just tried these, and they worked correctly.
* Added the line above to an existing NPC in my combat tracker.
* Dragged the attack roll to the chat window by dragging on "Greatsword"
* Dragged a damage roll to the chat window by dragging on "2d6+5"
* Dragged an attack roll onto a PC in the combat tracker.

The only thing that I can think of is that you are making the rolls from the original campaign NPC record. In v3.x, a full copy of each NPC added to the combat tracker is made. So, you can open the detailed NPC record by clicking on the combat tracker link for that combatant.

Also, the attack and full attack fields are copied into the combat tracker into the attack subsection for easier GM access during play.

Can you walk through how you are setting up NPC, targeting and making the roll?

Regards,
JPG

sciencephile
January 21st, 2014, 01:15
I entered the NPC information. Then added the NPC to an encounter. Then I would click on the "add encounter to combat tracker button". The problem is that the attack itself within the combat tracker seems to just let me highlight the text. It never turns into a hand to grab the weapon and roll the attack. I also tried to manually add a NPC and type in the weapon into the Attack line. It, as above only highlights and never turns into a hand for grabbing the die.

sciencephile
January 21st, 2014, 01:52
I just tried this on a different computer and it worked.

I therefore figured it must be something with Fantasy Grounds on this computer. I deleted all the folders within the Fantasy Grounds Application Data Folder and did a new UPDATE to get a refreshed set of modules, etc.

After the update, the functionality has returned. No need for further action.

It was weird that the functionality disappeared though.