PDA

View Full Version : Updater Move Failed Error

S Ferguson
January 18th, 2014, 06:11
I tried updating FG3 to the latest version, of which apparently the updater has been changed. Unfortunately, this kicked up the error: Updaterengine Moved Failed, and has now locked me out of FG altogether. Has anyone had this happen to them, or is there a solution to this rather vexing problem?

Cheers,
SF

EDIT: I've got FG3 up and running but now it's stating - Handlefile: Unable to save UpdaterEngine.exe

Trenloe
January 18th, 2014, 07:22
Try running FG as administrator. Right click on the shortcut and select "Run as Administrator" then try the update.

S Ferguson
January 18th, 2014, 07:34
Tried it. As administrator. No Luck there. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Cheers,
SF

JohnD
January 18th, 2014, 20:09
No luck yet?

Blacky
January 18th, 2014, 20:42
Some files where in the FG program directory before (with not much reason for being here) and are now in the FG data directory, maybe the updtarer can't move these files around on your computer for some reason.

If you try to do a clean fresh install with the last version?

S Ferguson
January 18th, 2014, 20:51
I tried doing a clean install, but it seems to require that the new UpdaterEngine be present. Otherwise it stops at the 3.5e.pak and says it can't read it. I can see the update, it's just that it refuses to save the new UpdaterEngine. Thanks though. And yes JD Houston still has problems.

Trenloe
January 20th, 2014, 16:02
Issues similar to this have been reported by people whose AntiVirus has decided that UpdateEngine.exe contains a virus and have quarantined it - when it doesn't contain a virus.

Check your AntiVirus logs/quarantine folder to see if it has been quarantined/blocked.

S Ferguson
January 20th, 2014, 19:59
I've targeted my specific error. On Windows 7 64 Pro The error states that the directory has been created but can't be shared. Any Win 7 gurus know what to do about this?

Perplexed,
SF

Moon Wizard
January 20th, 2014, 20:33
Maybe delete it, and let FG updater recreate?
JPG

S Ferguson
January 20th, 2014, 21:56
Tried that and still get the same error. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Cheers,
SF

Moon Wizard
January 20th, 2014, 22:48
Try right clicking on the FG2 folder in the Roaming directory, look at the Properties, open the Security tab, and set full control for Everyone.

JPG

S Ferguson
January 30th, 2014, 18:03
I managed to get it up and running again but it required some tricky maneuvering. It would seem that the default directories were sent to two different locations - the main FG progam in the 64-bit "Program Files" and the rest on the x32 side, which eliminated the "roaming" directory. and stored modules, and rulesets on the x64 side in their respective directories. After copying the registry keys, I was able to delete FG and reinstalled it "freshly" and all in the x32 side. Re-plugged in the registry keys and it works lovely now. Thanks to all the suggestions and help everyone offered.

Cheers,
SF