PDA

View Full Version : Character ownership change problem

madhermit
January 17th, 2014, 03:11
Another player took ownership of my character during a previous session. Upon my return to a new session the following week, I am able to take control of my character but I cannot edit anything on the sheet. Everything else works as normal, but I cannot edit any values on my character sheet or change the mode on my Actions tab.

Anyone else encounter this or know how to fix the problem?

Eru the One
January 17th, 2014, 05:54
We've had the same problem in our weekly game, just logout and in and you "should" have full control again.

Trenloe
January 17th, 2014, 08:35
This has been identified as an issue and has been fixed in FG 3.0.2 (currently in the test slot).

The work around is indeed what Eru the One suggests.

madhermit
January 21st, 2014, 15:33
I appreciate the response. These are the methods I've tried so far without success.
- Log out and back in
- Release character then log out and back in
- Release character and remove from combat tracker, then log out and back in

Trenloe
January 21st, 2014, 15:42
When you logged out and back in did you do the following:

Login as a player and select a PC.
Do not release the PC, logout as the player with the PC still selected.
Log back in as the same player and select the same PC again.

Do not logout the GM during the above process - the same GM session needs to be running to allow it to register the player control after the player logs out and back in again.

madhermit
January 21st, 2014, 17:30
Yes, that describes my first attempt to fix the issue.

I logged into the session. The person who had played my character the previous week was already logged in and had control of my character. He released the character and I took control. That same person then took control of another character due to another missing player. After playing a bit I realized I could not edit my character sheet. I logged out of the game session and then logged back in and selected my same character. I still could not edit my character sheet.

We then tried a few variations of releasing the character, removing from the combat tracker, logging out and back in with no success.

Trenloe
January 21st, 2014, 17:43
I'm not sure how to make this work for you in 3.0.1 then - I can pretty consistently get the system to allow me to edit a PC by logging out and logging back in with the same player name. It might be some legacy data left in your campaign database. :(

You could all upgrade to the latest dev release of 3.0.2 where this issue is fixed? Or, wait for 3.0.2 to be moved into the live slot.

Trenloe
January 21st, 2014, 18:11
One thing you might try is for the GM to type /flushdb in the chat line - this removes all player ownership of anything in the campaign, so previously shared story entries, images, etc. will no longer be available and the GM will have to share them again.

It might be worth the GM copying the campaign and giving this a go - then if it doesn't work you haven't messed up your main campaign. You'll still have to try the player logout/login work around after doing this.

madhermit
January 21st, 2014, 21:41
Our next play session is Thursday. I'll update this thread with any testing/progress.

Thanks for your response!

Griogre
January 21st, 2014, 21:55
Just wanted to say #2 in Trenloe's list is the key. You *must* log in while *owning* the character to not have it read only. If you don't own the character you have to log in and get the GM to free it so you can then claim it. Then while still owning it, log out of FG and then back in so you log in while you have ownership of the character.

madhermit
January 24th, 2014, 02:14
Huzzah! I would have sworn I originally logged off while controlling my character, but following again the suggestion to log off while in control of my character and then logging back on has fixed the problem.

Thanks for the help!