PDA

View Full Version : Carrion Crown AP, Looking for players

jasonthelamb
January 16th, 2014, 14:25
Looking to run the Carrion Crown AP, already have two players with characters ready to go, and looking for four-five more.

Game time will be Wednesday from 6PM-10PMEST [with a chance of going later, depending on how the party is feeling.]

Not looking for meta/power gamers, but instead people who enjoy RP and would like to experience Pathfinder's horror genre.

Characters start at level 1 with a 25 point buy, and standard gold. No stats below 9 after racial modifiers.

If you have any questions, please PM me or post here, and I will do my best to get back to you ASAP.

As of now, this will be a text-only adventure, to help fit the dark, scary mood of the AP. (Yes, there will be music.)

KingofKlubs
January 16th, 2014, 22:54
I'd love to get in on this. Some interesting generation rules and I'd love to experience this AP as I am thinking about running it for my table soon.
May I ask which classes are in the group so far?

Hemophage
January 16th, 2014, 23:10
The first two characters are a halfling Psion to be played by me. and a human Oracle

Wintermute
January 18th, 2014, 03:54
Out of curiosity, how long do you think that it will take to complete the entire AP? I know that answer will vary by group, rough idea? I would be interested in playing depending on the timeframe.

Thanks

Ksathra
January 18th, 2014, 04:27
Added you on Skype. I'd be in to play, though I've done the first book before (Due to my horrid memory and GM/player for many years I'm good at not meta-gaming. I think this is the One with Professor Lorimor?) I've also not got the chance to do this text only.

Not sure what a Scion can do but I'd like to play a wizard, I've never done so in PF though so I'll have some reading to do.

Brinn_Thornfoot
January 18th, 2014, 04:29
Ok, has this filled up? I would absolutely love a shot and playing again. I have been running games for far too long. I usually play Rogues or Clerics, but I am willing play anything needed to fill in a group.

Nickademus
January 18th, 2014, 04:42

jasonthelamb
January 18th, 2014, 08:07
Out of curiosity, how long do you think that it will take to complete the entire AP? I know that answer will vary by group, rough idea? I would be interested in playing depending on the timeframe.

Thanks

I'm not exactly sure, this is my first time running an AP, I guess it depends on how much the group progresses per night and such.

Ksathra
January 18th, 2014, 08:54
Oh I did not realize Psion was a Wizard. I'll make a Rogue instead.

KingofKlubs
January 18th, 2014, 16:23
I'll be playing a Fighter. Will we be playing this coming Wednesday?

Ksathra
January 18th, 2014, 16:49
Finished making my character I think, should be fun to play and watch him be set straight through fright.

Nickademus
January 19th, 2014, 02:49
I'm curious if there is going to be a calendar entry or some other way to know who has been accepted to play this and what character they are playing.

Hemophage
January 19th, 2014, 03:14
Im sure there will be. you can always skype him as well. i usually send him messages via skype. he was looking for 4-6 players, and we had 2, the Psion(hemo) and the Oracle(Rexxy) plus the rogue(ksathra) and the fighter(kingofklubs) and the other character(nickademus) gives us 5 at least. and that is a well rounded party. so everyone else can pretty much do w/e
not sure about the other 2 guys thats 7.

Nickademus
January 19th, 2014, 19:47
Preparations for the holiday must have sapped my memory. Didn't realize this was familiar.

I won't be playing in this game.

KingofKlubs
January 19th, 2014, 22:46
My Fighter is all statted and ready to go. Cant wait to begin.

Wintermute
January 19th, 2014, 22:46
I'm in. Looking forward to this AP. I am know nothing about this AP other than the blurbs on the website. Can't wait to experience the horror of the Carrion Crown AP. :) I want to read the players guide before I decide on a character. Anyone have any good suggestions for this AP?

Signed up on the calendar as well.

lachancery
January 20th, 2014, 01:48
I'm in. Looking forward to this AP. I am know nothing about this AP other than the blurbs on the website. Can't wait to experience the horror of the Carrion Crown AP. :) I want to read the players guide before I decide on a character. Anyone have any good suggestions for this AP?

A dhampir Kinslayer (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/races/other-races/featured-races/arg-dhampir/kinslayer-inquisitor-dhampir) sounds like one of the fun options...?

KingofKlubs
January 20th, 2014, 02:22
I'm in. Looking forward to this AP. I am know nothing about this AP other than the blurbs on the website. Can't wait to experience the horror of the Carrion Crown AP. I want to read the players guide before I decide on a character. Anyone have any good suggestions for this AP?

It's a really good AP which focuses on gothic horror, so be prepared for some very well-trodden ground as far as monsters and themes go. As far as classes go, my instinct says right now we need a good solid arcane caster like a wizard or a sorcerer. The encounters in this AP can be pretty brutal at times and so its a damn good idea to have an arcane artillery piece in the party. If they dont float your boat, a bard can mean the difference to a party getting wiped and making it out by the skin of their teeth. If you still arent satisfied, party archers or switch hitters like barbarians, Inquisitors or rangers would be awesome. If in doubt however, stat a paladin or a cleric, suffice to say in a horror game, youre going to seeing a hell of a lot of evil :)

Ksathra
January 20th, 2014, 16:26
yeah. I've tried to play this with my friends (Rogue, cleric, Bard) the cleric and Rogue died. Then it was (Cleric, fighter, Bard) Cleric died. Now its (Druid, Fighter, Bard) fights are still tough.

Brinn_Thornfoot
January 21st, 2014, 03:56
I am planning on playing a cleric. How many people do we actually have in the group now? When is the first session planned for?

Hemophage
January 21st, 2014, 04:24
The encounters in this AP can be pretty brutal at times and so its a damn good idea to have an arcane artillery piece in the party My psion is an artillery caster. :)

jasonthelamb
January 21st, 2014, 04:40
We look to have seven (which I don't mind) and hopefully the first session will be Wednesday, February 5th.

jasonthelamb
January 22nd, 2014, 15:08
My work may be screwing me over and making me work Wednesday - is there anyone here that has an issue doing 10PM-12AM/1AM or anything of that sort?

Ksathra
January 22nd, 2014, 18:47
Yeah, I'm fine with that time schedule for Wednesdays.

KingofKlubs
January 22nd, 2014, 22:12
Id rather not have it that late. 10 PM for you guys is 3 AM for me.

darthugly
January 22nd, 2014, 22:32
That would work out fine for me.

Brinn_Thornfoot
January 23rd, 2014, 00:31
As long as I am not working AM on Thursdays, it works for me. I currently work at 3pm, so that time will work. Just let me know.

Wintermute
January 23rd, 2014, 04:29
I don't mind starting at 10 as long as we are done by 1.

Hemophage
January 23rd, 2014, 04:30
We could do this time as well

Wintermute
January 23rd, 2014, 05:32
I got my character ready. Decided to play an Elf Sorcerer.

jasonthelamb
January 23rd, 2014, 15:14
Okay sounds good - if you could all tell me when is a good time to get your characters on FG, we can get them up and going ASAP

Wintermute
January 23rd, 2014, 19:20
Anytime is good for me.

KingofKlubs
January 23rd, 2014, 23:31
cant we just send you our exported sheets?

KingofKlubs
January 24th, 2014, 09:26
My work may be screwing me over and making me work Wednesday - is there anyone here that has an issue doing 10PM-12AM/1AM or anything of that sort?

Im sorry for being a chore, but is there any way we can play earlier or on a different day? 10 PM (which translates for me as 3 AM) is pretty brutal for me on a weekday and I really want to be involved in the AP

jasonthelamb
January 24th, 2014, 16:40
Im sorry for being a chore, but is there any way we can play earlier or on a different day? 10 PM (which translates for me as 3 AM) is pretty brutal for me on a weekday and I really want to be involved in the AP

Wednesday is the only day I have off that I'm not in a game already, I can try and get out earlier, but I can't make any promises.

Tinculin
January 24th, 2014, 17:57
Hi, i'm interested in getting into a pathfinder campaign so if there is room, please let me know - i'll go apply on the calendar.

I've played quite a bit of PFS here on FG, would like to get into a longer term game.

Wintermute
January 29th, 2014, 16:31
Are we posting exported character sheets or have you chosen a time that the server will be up?

JerryRig
January 30th, 2014, 00:38
I have created my character for your review. Unsure if I can make it in your group still but at least I will be ready if I am a secondary/back-up is inserted.

Bran is a Variant heritage (Vetala-Born [Ajibachana]) Dhampir Inquisitor (Kinslayer Archtype) build. He truly detest his undead heritage and seeks to undo the plans and deeds of those who wish to use the undead to do evil deeds.

My base 25 point build was 14, 14, 14, 10, 16, 10 (modified Vetala-Born = 14, 16, 14, 8, 18, 10).

xKrisx
February 2nd, 2014, 07:36
I'd love the chance to get into this game. I will play cleric/wizard/fighter

Wintermute
February 6th, 2014, 03:22
Well I guess we are not playing tonight. Will we be rescheduling or is this not going to happen?

jasonthelamb
February 6th, 2014, 06:21
Hey - sorry, just some instability with my job has forced me to look for a new one, and I don't want to have you guys play for one week then not again for some time because I'm searching for a job. Will send you a PM when this is updated.

SheerANONYMOUS
February 12th, 2014, 01:04
-I'd like to get in on this, but due to class and train schedules, I won't be home at six. Is there any way the start time could be pushed back an hour?-

Never mind, I just saw the last post. Hopefully this will get worked out in a way that benefits everyone.