PDA

View Full Version : Using .mod files?

Booker Grimm
January 16th, 2014, 14:23
I downloaded a mod called The Old Rock Tower that has been converted to FGII. I've copied the .mod file into the modules directory, but it doesn't show on the launcher or in the library.
I have the old d20 rulesets as well as the 3.5 one. I think its for the d20 ruleset.
A little help on how to play this mod would be appreciated.

Many thanks.:)

Valarian
January 16th, 2014, 14:32
You need to add the 3.5e ruleset in to the rulesets for the module. Unzip the file (may need to rename to .zip first) and add a line in to the definition file. Re-zip the files from inside the folder. Highlight the files and zip rather than zipping the folder, or it won't work. Inside the zip file, the definition and common/client/server XML files should be visible without having to go in to a folder.

It should become visible inside the campaign by clicking the Open Module icon (one of the ones in the top right). You then need to drag the book open to see it in the library.

Trenloe
January 16th, 2014, 14:39
Old Rook Tower is made for a very specific ruleset "d20_JPG 1.2" - at least that is what my copy is set for.

Open "The Old Rook Tower.mod" file using a ZIP manager. Or, change .mod to .zip and unzip the file.
Open definition.xml in a text editor.
Change <ruleset>d20_JPG 1.2</ruleset> to <ruleset>3.5E</ruleset>
Save definition.xml.
Re-zip up the directory that you unzipped in step 1.
If you renamed .mod to .zip in step 1, rename the .zip back to .mod.

Booker Grimm
January 16th, 2014, 14:58
Great. That worked a treat.