PDA

View Full Version : Most up to date C&C Version ?

Targas
January 15th, 2014, 14:47
Hello all,

I've just got the new FG III software and purchased the C&C ruleset. The version states 2.0. Is this the latest release and are there any updates planned ?
I'm new and just playing around transferring an AD&D module, but found some functionality lacking. E.g. I'm not sure if the character sheets consider the boni to adjust AC accordingly, or if this has to be considered manually and how automized the CT works at the moment ?

EDIT: Sorry, just noticed you've to enter the user id / PW in the Setting starting screen of FG III. Now it looks more up to date. :-)

Targas
January 15th, 2014, 16:07
Well, it seems the updated version does not have an improvement in the attribute modifiers?
Does the CT work similar to the 3.5 edition, though?

Moon Wizard
January 15th, 2014, 17:13
Can you clarify what you mean by attribute modifier?

JPG

dr_venture
January 15th, 2014, 17:14
Hey Targas, welcome! Can you describe the problem with a bit more detail - I'm not sure what attribute modifier problem you're having. Which aspects of the CT are you interested in comparing to 3.5? ...not that I can help there, as I don't play 3.5, but someone here can probably help :)

Targas
January 15th, 2014, 18:29
By reading the Quick Start Rules for C&C, page 3 mentions a table of attribute modifiers. For example high attribute rolls of dexterity will result in an added bonus to the AC (Dex 13-15 will grant +1 on AC). This is normally added to th AC (page 18 below the able explains it).
As this cannot be entered into the character sheet, I would expect the figure to be added to the AC in the CT, on occassion?

In AD&D 3.5 you can roll initiative on the character sheet, but I cannot find this feature on the C&C char sheet?

I haven't tried out the CT in more detail, maybe I have just to deep dive abit more?

Trenloe
January 15th, 2014, 18:38
By reading the Quick Start Rules for C&C, page 3 mentions a table of attribute modifiers. For example high attribute rolls of dexterity will for an added bonus to the AC. As this cannot be entered into the character sheet, I would expect the figure to be added to the AC in the CT, on occassion?
Dex modifier is added to the AC - look on the "Combat" tab of the main character sheet.

When the PC is added to the Combat Tracker (CT) this is included in the AC. Note: the "-DEX" field in the CT is for AC "minus DEX", which would not include any DEX mod.

In AD&D 3.5 you can roll initiative on the character sheet, but I cannot find this feature on the C&C char sheet?
I haven't tried out the CT in more detail, maybe I have just to deep dive abit more?
Initiative is on the top left of the combat tab in the PC character sheet. If the PC is present in the CT the result of this roll will be applied to the record in the CT.

dr_venture
January 15th, 2014, 18:44
The Dex bonus for AC is added to the 2nd page of the character sheet (in the AC calculation) automatically. If you enter 18 into the Dex stat of a character, you should see a +3 in the golden box next to the Dex stat, and you should see the character's AC read as 13 (assuming it is a new character with no armor assigned). If you got to the Combat tab of the character sheet, you should see a +3 in the field titled "Dex Modifier".

The character's initiative can be rolled from either the front page or the Combat page of the character sheet by double-clicking the Initiative field (the gold one with the little die next to it) in either location.

dr_venture
January 15th, 2014, 18:47
Also, the GM can roll Initiative for the Players, the NPCs or everyone via clicking on the "Menu" button in the upper left corner of the CT.

JohnD
January 15th, 2014, 20:06
Hi again Targas... check your PMs.

Targas
January 15th, 2014, 20:09
Thanks. The confusion came up, as I've created a mod with NPC's and the NPC char sheet is not having the same char char as for PC's.
Is the DEX adjustment includedfor NPC's as well?

Moon Wizard
January 15th, 2014, 20:16
No, the NPC sheet does not auto calculate armor class. It is a simple text field that gets parsed when you add it to the combat tracker.

Regards,
NPC

dr_venture
January 15th, 2014, 21:03
Moon can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the reason many of the fields for the NPCs don't auto calculate is that the NPC record is fairly limited in data, as compared to the character sheet. The NPC record sheets themselves are not very big, and you'd get into issues of how you can display to the end user what is being calculated, what the value is, and where it's coming from. This is especially problematic where some modifiers can negate or counteract other modifiers - again, difficult to communicate without creating a large NPC sheet... which then has it's own issues of maintenance, usability, etc. It's simpler for NPCs to just leave all fields as text fields, and the GM can populate them before the game session at his/her leisure.